BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel
Ranked #174 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
“Okay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a few years back. Remembered the shuttle was not on schedule picking up at parks. Drove to park ourselves. Pool great! Ac worked fine. Television selection HORRIBLE! Maybe 20 channels. Did not do the flat screen justice. Asked for a refrigerator, but did not get one. Specified was a celebration stay, and being a B.W. platinum member thought we would get an upgrade, or a complimentary something. NOTHING! Bathroom had hair and garbage on floor from previous guests. Grossed me put, but did not complain because I did not want people lurking in my room. View great. Check in and out great, workers polite. Guest relation people isn't, but that was expected. Location great!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Teriroost

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed as a family of 7 during Christmas break. We were able to get rooms next to each other, which was nice. One room was in a corner, it came with a fridge, no bathtub, but also had a sofa bed. The other room did not have a fridge but it did have a bathtub. We were able to watch fireworks every night from our balcony (if youre on the disney side)

The rooms could use a little more cleaning, we found a hat under the bed that did not belong to us. Also, one morning I found a cockroach in the bathroom. I assumed that critters may be difficult to control with each room having a balcony, but I was not excited about this.

I did appreciate the location of the hotel, walking distance to downown disney, and some fast food restaurants. The shuttle was free to disney parks. The hotel is first to be picked up and first dropped off, so after a long day it was nice to get off first. We ended up taking a taxi to universal studios for $60 round trip. We also took a taxi to sea world for about $50 round trip. Staff were very helpful reserving taxis during our entire stay.

We ordered from pizza hut once, found that it was pretty expensive. We also ordered from dominoes and papa johns and had it delivered. Both were a lot cheaper and it was delivered in good time.

Overall, we didnt spend too much time at the hotel, if youre looking for a decent place to sleep, this should work for you. If you have the budget to upgrade to a better hotel, that would be my recommendation.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Hschwan
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We recently stayed here for several nights during a trip to Disney. On the plus side, it was very clean and housekeeping did a great job. Also the staff was very friendly. The beds were comfortable and the front desk tried to make our staff very enjoyable. A shuttle did not show up one day and the desk helped us get one (to the Animal Kingdom).

On the down side, the food is very bad. There is pizza hut, which is very expensive. Also, beware taking anything out of the cooler----I expected to pay an upcharge for a small tropicana juice, but not $3.30!! Also, the "complimentary continental breakfast' involves you getting a bagel and muffin that you prepare yourself, generic brand cereal. Moreover, if you are getting up early to get to the Disney parks for the opening, you might miss this breakfast entirely!

A better bet for food is to walk across the street to the Crossroads shopping center. There are many fast food options and also a Sweet Tomatoes (a great soup/salad place). The concierge told us that Johnnie's Hideway is quite a nice upscale steakhouse.

One group in our party also had problems with getting the heat to work and an engineer had to come in during the middle of the night. The pool was quite cold too, even though it was supposed to be heated.

Overall, despite the problems, we appreciated that the staff tried hard to make us happy overall. Still, it would not be my first choice next time.

Room Tip: Disney view was nice, but you could always watch the fireworks from the outside stairwell.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JLTravels
Preston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Me and my mother stopped here in April time, after reading other reviews on this website, we were slightly worried about stopping there. Check in was nice and easy, friendly staff and a really nice reception area with a few comfy chairs, a Disney gift shop and a convenience store that sells bits of food, cereals and drinks. Just at the other side of the reception area is the restaurant with a small cafe with a pizza hut inside it. This was great if you just wanted a quick bite to eat. When we got to our room it was spacious enough with two queen size beds, very very comfortable mattresses, a bathroom with bath/shower and toilet, and a septate vanity area - which was great in a morning if you just need a mirror whilst someone is in the shower.

Every room had a balcony - we didn't have a particularly special view of anything, just the other hotels opposite and the road, but the sun did rise up on this side of the hotel which was great in the morning when enjoying a coffee (coffee machine in room :D). There was also a sofa in the room with a small table and radio alarm clock - throughout the hotel was free high speed internet which was great so we could check out what was going on at home.

The free buses to and from the Disney parks were also fantastic - they ran on a schedule every 30 minutes or so to and from the Disney parks, was really easy and convenient.

All in all a great stay here - no complaints and will be definitely be returning.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MichellePark
Olympia, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family of five stayed here for two nights after a cruise to visit Disneyworld. The first day the a/c wouldn't work so they sent a guy to fix it, we froze all night, the next day they sent someone else and when we got back to our room at 2am it was so hot in our room, we had to sleep with our patio door open all night.

Our first day I asked the front desk clerk what time the first shuttle left for the Magic Kingdom the next morning so we could be there first thing. She told me the same time that the park opened. I thought this was weird, so I questioned her, but she told me again that was the time. The next morning my husband saw one leave a half hour earlier.

Our bathroom was not as clean as I feel it should have been upon our arrival. There was hair in the bathtub from a previous guest.

Our first night, we ordered pizza from their Pizza Hut and my husband went and picked it up, yet we were still charged an 18% gratuity and $2.50 service charge as if we had room service. That seems very shady and deceivious to me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank mrsjetpup
Cumming, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is an older hotel so we weren't quite sure what to expect. We ended up loving the hotel and ate all of our breakfasts in the restaurant. It was clean, the balcony view was a great view of a lake, and everyone we encountered (except for the bell hop) was very service oriented. The wait staff for breakfast was very attentive and the buffet had some excellent choices. The day we arrived, we had a late afternoon lunch but weren't that impressed because the person who waited on us was also the bartender for the pool area. That was a lot for one person to handle. When our food arrived, it was very good. We'd definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Clitheroe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this hotel - I loved it last year and I still love it. It is so close to Downtown Disney and has the added advantage of a balcony - so few reasonably priced Orlando hotels do. Last year we stayed just one week and this time we stayed 2 and were automatically up-graded to a Disney fireworks view room. I have just two criticisms and they are minor in the scheme of things but I can't drone on about how wonderful it was all the time! 1. One of the lifts creaks and bangs, it is only really noticeable at night and I kept forgetting to report it in the morning and I wasn't sure which of the 4 it was otherwise I would have asked for it to be disabled after 11pm. 2. I feel sorry for the restaurant and bar staff - I walked down a few times and there was no one drinking or dining there and I was immediately approached (which made me feel really mean as I don't want to go somewhere were I am on my own) and I had to say I was just looking for my husband! I am sure they must have tried various things but it seems crazy that Disney is madly busy and there isn't a sole in there. Maybe advertise more - I would have liked a fixed price meal ie: tonight 2 courses for $12 that kind of thing or a free glass of beer/wine with a meal. Or how about a happy hour at the bar (it might well have one but I couldn't see anything about it). We did go to the bar one evening but it cost - $18 for 2 Southern Comforts so after that we went elsewhere or brought in wine from the supermarket to drink on the balcony whilst watching the fireworks......wonderful. We will be back in 2013....2 weeks again and with our daughter and her partner - that should be worth an up-grade to a corner suite with firework view!! Also best hotel on Hotel Plaza for the Disney route buses - first pick up and first drop off - excellent service. Parking is a doddle, loads of spaces and easy access in and out of Hotel Plaza Boulevard (essential for us Brits driving on the wrong side of the road!) - don't understand why anyone would valet park here but it is available if you want it.

Room Tip: It's worth paying for a firework view room if you are only there a few nights but it would cost...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area

Been to BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!