3,423 results
All reviews disney springs the bus pizza hut breakfast buffet lake buena vista guest services shuttle service magic kingdom beds were comfortable gift shop free shuttle time share balcony fireworks bw parks lbv
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family of five stayed here for two nights after a cruise to visit Disneyworld. The first day the a/c wouldn't work so they sent a guy to fix it, we froze all night, the next day they sent someone else and when we got back to our room at 2am it was so hot in our room, we had to sleep with our patio door open all night.

Our first day I asked the front desk clerk what time the first shuttle left for the Magic Kingdom the next morning so we could be there first thing. She told me the same time that the park opened. I thought this was weird, so I questioned her, but she told me again that was the time. The next morning my husband saw one leave a half hour earlier.

Our bathroom was not as clean as I feel it should have been upon our arrival. There was hair in the bathtub from a previous guest.

Our first night, we ordered pizza from their Pizza Hut and my husband went and picked it up, yet we were still charged an 18% gratuity and $2.50 service charge as if we had room service. That seems very shady and deceivious to me.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank mrsjetpup
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is an older hotel so we weren't quite sure what to expect. We ended up loving the hotel and ate all of our breakfasts in the restaurant. It was clean, the balcony view was a great view of a lake, and everyone we encountered (except for the bell hop) was very service oriented. The wait staff for breakfast was very attentive and the buffet had some excellent choices. The day we arrived, we had a late afternoon lunch but weren't that impressed because the person who waited on us was also the bartender for the pool area. That was a lot for one person to handle. When our food arrived, it was very good. We'd definitely go back.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this hotel - I loved it last year and I still love it. It is so close to Downtown Disney and has the added advantage of a balcony - so few reasonably priced Orlando hotels do. Last year we stayed just one week and this time we stayed 2 and were automatically up-graded to a Disney fireworks view room. I have just two criticisms and they are minor in the scheme of things but I can't drone on about how wonderful it was all the time! 1. One of the lifts creaks and bangs, it is only really noticeable at night and I kept forgetting to report it in the morning and I wasn't sure which of the 4 it was otherwise I would have asked for it to be disabled after 11pm. 2. I feel sorry for the restaurant and bar staff - I walked down a few times and there was no one drinking or dining there and I was immediately approached (which made me feel really mean as I don't want to go somewhere were I am on my own) and I had to say I was just looking for my husband! I am sure they must have tried various things but it seems crazy that Disney is madly busy and there isn't a sole in there. Maybe advertise more - I would have liked a fixed price meal ie: tonight 2 courses for $12 that kind of thing or a free glass of beer/wine with a meal. Or how about a happy hour at the bar (it might well have one but I couldn't see anything about it). We did go to the bar one evening but it cost - $18 for 2 Southern Comforts so after that we went elsewhere or brought in wine from the supermarket to drink on the balcony whilst watching the fireworks......wonderful. We will be back in 2013....2 weeks again and with our daughter and her partner - that should be worth an up-grade to a corner suite with firework view!! Also best hotel on Hotel Plaza for the Disney route buses - first pick up and first drop off - excellent service. Parking is a doddle, loads of spaces and easy access in and out of Hotel Plaza Boulevard (essential for us Brits driving on the wrong side of the road!) - don't understand why anyone would valet park here but it is available if you want it.

Room tip: It's worth paying for a firework view room if you are only there a few nights but it would cost a lot if you stayed a week or longer. The higher rooms have the best views and you get in the elevator first on your way down - on the lower floors we were already full by the time we got there.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Our stay was 12-18 to 12-22-2012.. Took my family here for a Christmas Vacation. Good Hotel, excellent Location (10 minute walk from Downtown Disney) Awesome View. Fabulous Rate ($99 per night thru AAA) Clean upkept and very modern rooms. Very Friendly and Helpful Staff. Nothing bad to say about this hotel, however there are a few issues I had that I feel are worth mentioning. Issue #1: There are only 4 very old and very slow elevators to serve all 14 crowded floors. Further, there no service elevators for housekeeping staff or their enormous housekeeping carts.This means you will have a 5 to 20 wait before you find an elevator uncrowded enough for you to squeeze into when you get ready leave the hotel. Issue#2: Overly crowded Complimentary Shuttle to the theme parks... If you think you had a long crowded experience on the hotel's elevators, Just wait. You ain't seen nothin' yet.. The complimentary shuttle serves not only the Best Western, but also the Wyndam and the Buena Vista Palace. They advertise a shuttle to and from the theme parks every 20 to 30 minutes.... Yeah right?.?....Anyway, when a bus does finally arrive be prepared to stand up on it for 30 minutes minimum in route to your destination. I'm not sure of how many Safety regulations they are violating but before the bus moves they fill all the bus seats and cram the aisle of the bus from front to back. Issue #3: Standing in long lines waiting on an elevator gives you the opportunity to talk to other guests. Several other guests spoke of no heat and being cold. I guess in Florida this isn't a big issue however, when we arrived on 12-19 and the next day 12-20 the high was 77 degrees. On our final day 12-21 a cold front moved in and the temperature dropped to 37. I guess you can say a heated hotel room is important...Even in Florida...

Room tip: Pick a room on a higher floor with a view of Downtown Disney and the Theme Parks
1  Thank Warren C
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed in this hotel during a pass through to southern Florida the weekend before Thanksgiving. We stayed two nights on Saturday and Sunday. The location is walking distance to Downtown Disney. The parking was adequate though we had to valet Saturday because there were no open spots in the lot. The staff member who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. She presented us with out pass keys and a coupon for a free gift (I will get to that).

the room was clean, large and had a great view of the lake, Downtown Disney and Epcot off in the distance. We didn't stay much in the room. the only issue we had was that the heater was very loud (it was chilly on this weekend at night).

The WiFi was good. No issues there. We didn't try any restaurants since we always try new restaurants at Disney when we come down.

The Free gift it turns out is a timeshare-trap. We went to the nice girl at the front desk who pointed us to another desk with another nice girl who proceeded to wow us with all kinds of discounts. She offered a free breakfast, discount Disney tickets and two free nights at Wyndham. The catch, of course, was that we had to go offsite to another location. Your typical timeshare-trap. Since we were only going be there one full day we declined all the discounts and went on our merry way. I just wished the bait and switch was advertised so I wouldn't have wasted the nice young girls time with her hard sell.

Aside from that the hotel was a great Disney resort alternative. Its approximation to Downtown Disney made it easy for us to bus over to our favorite Disney resorts for meals and made shopping great.

We will definitely stay here again for short trips to Disney. We will just by-pass the free gift vacation club.

Room tip: Ask for a view facing the lake. It is a great view.
Date of stay: November 2012