Best Western LBV is one of several hotels located on hotel blvd near Downtown Disney. It is a 10 minute walk away from the entrance of the Marketplace at Downtown Disney. On the other end of the blvd minutes away, you will find Crossroads shopping plaza. It has many shops and restaurants that may attract the ones who are looking for a break from Disney prices.
Although we didn’t drive down, self parking is complimentary or 8-10 dollars a night for valet. The parking lot seemed very secure and well lit.
The lobby is very comfortable and inviting. It was very welcoming when we walked through the doors after a long day at the parks. There you will find a Disney concierge, a Disney store, a convenience store and of course, the front desk.
There are many great choices for a bite to eat or a place for refreshments at the hotel. The Parakeet Café was great for grabbing a coffee for the early trips to the park. The café also had pre-made breakfast sandwiches that were fine for something quick. Trader’s Island Grill is the hotel’s full-service restaurant. We ate here twice for the breakfast buffet. The food was fine, but inexpensive. Omelet station is a nice feature. Flamingo Cove Lounge was something we utilized more frequently due to its late hours. We were able to come home late and sit and grab a pizza and some beverages before calling it a night. We also took it up the room once to enjoy it there. We did not use room service, but the prices did not seem bad at all for the extra charge. The convenience store in the lobby is another choice to grabs drinks and snacks as well as any other necessities you may not have packed or find that you need. There are vending machines on each of the floors as well as ice machines.
If you have checked the website of the hotel, you know most of the amenities the hotel has to offer. They aren’t the strong points of the hotel but they are there. The pool is a pool. They don’t have a Jacuzzi which even in Florida should be available. It was pretty chilly during the time we were there so we didn’t swim. One of the best things the hotel offers is the ability to do laundry any time you need to and you don’t have to travel far to do it. There are coin operated machines on several of the floors. I believe it was about 6.00 to wash and dry one load. There is not a change machine so be sure to get some from the convenience store beforehand. They do have detergent available next to the machines in case you don’t have any. I like buying the travel size tide detergent pouches if I plan to do laundry while on vacation. The hotel does have more to offer but those were the ones important to mention.
We booked the standard “Deluxe” room which was not a Disney view. We did have a decent view of looking down Hotel Boulevard. The room had two very comfortable queen beds. The room was very spacious and is laid out very well. The bathroom was good size and the shower-tub was fine. I have included photo of the bathroom. There was very little noise except when someone slammed their door. Actually, it was hard not to let it slam because it is so heavy. The air-conditioning in the room works great and provides enough noise to help us fall asleep at night. The balcony was a huge selling point for us. It was very nice to sit with a cup of coffee before heading out for the day. The TV did not have many channels, but its okay, since we were on vacation. Housekeeping did a great job and we never had an issue with poor linens or sketchy blankets or anything of the sort. I have included a photo of the room, the balcony and the view.
From the front desk, the servers in the restaurant, to the housekeepers, to the valet, to maintenance, everyone was great. They welcomed us with a smile and always asked how our day was going. It’s nice to see people who enjoy their job, or at least do a very good job at acting like they do. I have nothing bad to say about the staff at the Best Western.
I know how important it is to learn as much as you can about all the details to help plan your trip to Disney. Here are some that will help you make the best of your Disney vacation if you decide to choose the Best Western.
• The hotel has a daily resort fee that was close to $12 dollars a night. The website says $9.99/night so be sure to call ahead and ask what they are currently charging to help you with the planning of your vacation budget.
• Like all Downtown Disney hotels, they include a coupon book with the room. Be sure to check it out and utilize it. There are some great deals in there.
• The Disney Park Bus Schedule
o Best Western is on the Bus B route. There are only 2 other hotels that use the same bus so works out very nice when you stay at the Best Western. First to get picked up and first to get dropped off. The buses start an hour before park opening and buses go to two parks. So make sure you read the display to see where it is going.
o Bus travel times give or take a few minutes:
Epcot- 15 min
Hollywood Studios- 20-30
The Transportation and Ticket Center- 20 minutes
Animal Kingdom-20-30 minutes.
The Downtown Disney bus runs every day after 6pm until 3 AM I believe. IM not sure how long it takes but there is only one bus for all the downtown Disney hotels.
It only takes 10 minutes to walk from the Best Western to Downtown Disney.
• Feel free to ask me any questions about anything I mentioned above or anything else you may want to know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make memories to last a lifetime during your stay at the BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort hotel! From our friendly staff to our Junior Omelet Chef breakfast program, we strive to add some extra magic to your Walt Disney World vacation. Our convenient location makes it easy to spend a full day at the theme parks, hassle-free. Simply hop on a shuttle bus to the Disney park of your choice and skip the lines at the entrance by purchasing your tickets ahead of time at our ticket concierge desk. With shuttles running continuously throughout the day, it's easy to stop back at the hotel for naptime or an afternoon swim in our heated outdoor pool. As a Disney Springs Hotel, we put you just minutes away from the excitement of Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney)! Enjoy numerous dining choices, one-of-a-kind shopping, and live entertainment nightly. Guests staying at the Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel will also enjoy in-room walk-out balcony options. We are the only hotel on Hotel Plaza with these views! Your family will love our enhanced, kid-friendly amenities during your stay, including a heated outdoor pool and kids' pool, Pizza Hut Express on-site, arcade room, and our official Disney gift shop. Additionally, all 325 of our deluxe guestrooms offer a flat screen TV, high speed Wi-Fi, and a private balcony to provide you with all the comforts of home during your stay. The Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort hotel is here to provide the perfect setting for you and your family to enjoy the Walt Disney World vacation of a lifetime. We hope to see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Budget Places, Cancelon, HotelTravel.com and Travelocity so you can book your BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Best Western Orlando
- Orlando Best Western