3,394 results
All reviews disney springs the bus pizza hut breakfast buffet lake buena vista shuttle service magic kingdom beds were comfortable gift shop free shuttle time share fireworks balcony bw parks lbv transportation
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have mixed reviews about this hotel. It definitely has its good and bad sides. Don't forget to read my biggest issues with this hotel at the end of my review.

The room rates are very reasonable which is why we chose this hotel among many others in the area. Also, the location of this hotel is probably the best compared to the other hotels as well. Only a 8 minute walk to Downtown Disney and 4 minute walk to Crossroads shopping center. With the Crossroads shopping center being so close, we were able to save a lot of money on cabs and food because we didn't have to eat the expensive hotel food. The Crossroads shopping center has a grocery store and numerous restaurant choices ranging from fast food to fancy sit downs.

As you walk into the Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort it seems really nice. The lobby is new and clean and the customer service is really helpful. Ken, who is the manager, checked me in and he was really great. While I was walking to my room I notice the halls looked newly renovated as well. But, once I open the door to my room my hopes were shot down. It seems as if the hotel is making strides to renovated the building but I guess the rooms are last on the list.

The rooms are as plane as can be. Barely a hint of any kind of decor can be found in the room. I cant complain too much though, because the room was clean and very large.
The only major issues I had with my room was the poor paint job and the inconsistent water temperature in the shower. Oh, and a $10 per day charge if you want a refrigerator sent to your room.

** MAJOR ISSUES I ENCOUNTERED: I was amazed that a hotel could have the word "resort" in their name and not have a jacuzzi. Also, the hotel makes you pay a resort fee of $10 per day. For what? The Gym is miniature with poor ventilation, no jacuzzi, no refrigerator, no safe, and they want me to pay a $10 resort fee on top of it? I personally feel that if you are allowed to put the word "resort" in your name, you need to live up to that. In my opinion, this is not a bad place, but it's definitely NOT a resort.

I would recommend this place for people who are on a strict budget. It's actually a good hotel at a very good value. You cant be too picky to enjoy this place though. Those of you who are looking for more class and relaxation should look elsewhere. I would stay here again but not my first choice. I told you I had mixed reviews.

Room Tip: Choose a room above the 6th floor facing the lake and Disney World. You cant really see the fireworks that well. Look at my pictures.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maikolo
RevDirector, Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Hello Maikolo. Thank you for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the hotel's convenient location and the customer service that Ken at our Front Desk provided upon your arrival. We take pride in providing our guests with comfortable and clean accommodations as well. Although our guest rooms may not offer all of the amenities that some of the higher priced hotels in the area offer, we feel that our in room amenities which include 37 inch flat panel TV's, alarm clock radios with MP3 connector, coffee maker, hairdryer, and private furnished balconies are appreciated by our guests. We agree with you that we should provide refrigerators in all of our guest rooms and will be adding this amenity in early 2013.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

As we'd never been to the Orlando area before we weren't sure which area to choose,
Booked this hotel online through www.bookit.com & paid $371.46 for 5 nights. Immediately after booking I emailed the hotel requesting a room on the highest floor away from the elevator, ice machine & other common areas with a king bed. I also requested a Disney view (you can see the fireworks @ night). Upon check-in we received all as requested.
This hotel is in the Downtown Disney area & only a 7 minute walk to the Disney Marketplace. It's also a short walk to the grocery store, McDonalds, Red Lobster & other amenities.
The hotel has a pool but no hot tub. The restaurant/lounge has limited food selection but the chicken burger was great! Free Disney shuttle is available.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Hello. Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. It is always refreshing and appreciated when our guests are pleased with their hotel stay and the hotel amenities. We agree with you that the chicken burger in the restaurant is great. We hope to see you back again real soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We spent a couple of days at Lake Buena Vista, did Epcot and Downtown Disney,had a great time. Hotel, first impression, looks good, but upon further review, as they say in the NFL, definetly needs to be updated. Bathroom door has to be changed, paint peeling off the door, water stains on ceiling and wall, paint job did not do it, large tear on the inside of the drapes. Room was large, had a great view on the 17th floor, free shuttle from hotel to parks and back, very convenient. Will definetly try another hotel next trip.

Room Tip: Higher floors, corner rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mad4747
RevDirector, Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay during your trip to the Lake Buena Vista area. We also appreciate your review. Although you enjoyed the size and view from your room and our convenient location, it appears that you weren't completely satisfied with the condition of your room. We are always working on improving our guest rooms and are going to address the paint and drapery issues that you mentioned right away. Please give us another chance on your next visit and we can assure you that you will be satisfied.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We made a quick trip to Orlando and looked for a value-priced hotel. The Best Western at Lake Buena Vista fit our needs. The rooms are large, but outdated. This is not a huge problem for me as long as it is clean. The room was basically clean, but far from immaculate. There were dead bugs in the sconce lights by the beds. The bedspreads should be thrown away, they are disgusting. I put them on the floor so I would not touch them while I slept. The beds are very firm and felt like they are past due for replacement. The carpet was long past needed replacement.The bathroom was fairly clean, but housekeeping should pay attention to the area behind the lavatory faucet, the base of the toilet and the floors. At least two of the elevators did not work. Fortunately, we were near the stairs and on one of the lower floors or we would have been waiting a long time for the elevators.
However, we were in walking distance to Downtown Disney, buses transports guest to WDW parks and for a price under $100 a night.
For a brief stay it was suitable, but I would not want to spend more than 1 or 2 nights there.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Lake Buena Vista during your vacation to Orlando as well as for your review. Although our Housekeeping staff does an excellent job providing our guests with clean rooms, it appears that we didn't meet your expectations on this visit. We will share your review with the team to ensure that they are paying attention to detail. We apologize for the elevator issue that you encountered as well. We have just finishing renovating all of our elevators and as a result, we don't foresee any future issues.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We appreciated the Disney view room, hotel location and convenient transportation to the parks, but the hotel is just okay. The carpet in the room was filthy and although we complained about blood splatter on the bathroom wall, they still didn't clean it! You get what you pay for here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Badgerm0m

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel's convenient on Disney property location and our continuous shuttle transportation. Our entire housekeeping staff works hard to provide all of our guests with comfortable, clean accommodations. It seems that we didn't meet this goal in your room and we apologize for that. Had the issues been brought to the attention of our Management team, I'm certain that we would have addressed the issue right away. We hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.