3,367 results
All reviews disney springs the bus pizza hut breakfast buffet lake buena vista shuttle service magic kingdom beds were comfortable gift shop free shuttle time share fireworks balcony bw parks lbv transportation
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I just left orlando on Friday october 5, 2012, i had stayed here before but there are a few things to let you know have changed. First of all the hotel is great looking, the resort was clean as usual dont let the outside tower that looks moldy fool you, its still a great hotel. But after you check in dont get the free gift thats offered by the club wyndom, the guy that works there with glasses and grey hair, is not the friendliest person, he tried to push the timeshare on you and wouldnt take NO for an answer i just had to walk away, so stay away from it. They arent friendly at the booth. Shower is ok but had little showerhead but good pressure, the ceilings in the tub are low so if your tall you cant lift your arms without hitting the roof. So thats something they could change. Now lets talk about the buffet in the mornings and how aweful it was. The price is 15.99 but there was no good selection to choose from, with the fruit and eggs and sausage, it wasnt your everyday sausage links, it was thick and looked like turkey sausage, well i had an omelet made it was not big at all , the cheese on top wasnt even melted just sprinkled on top, and it wasnt good, i dont know if i were you i would stay away from it because the price is not worth it all, there is a mcdonalds across the street and much better, we ate there the last 2 days of our stay and its cheaper too. BE WARNED !!!! Now the pizza hut in the small cafe before the restaurant is great and reasonable in price, and a personal pan took only 10 min to cook, its worth it for a late snack or even a lunch or dinner for one. I enjoyed that. So overall the hotel is great have great people who work there at check in and all throughout. This is a great hotel thats not too far from disney, now the bus schedule says every 30 min, but i actually had to take the bus for across the street and walk across which to me is better than standing on property waiting for them to show up and pick you up, they could fix this too. So use it as a tip for if you use the bus. i would recommend this to anyone to stay here. They are good.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room , you can see epcot from the view and the fireworks they shoot every night from the balcony.l So ask for a tower balcony room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank skip h
WaldChristopher, Rooms Division Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Lilly, Thank you for your review, Our Disney view rooms do offer a wonderful panoramic portrait of the Disney property where you can see Epcot’s and Magic Kingdoms fireworks nightly. We do offer room service until midnight most nights if you are craving a late night snack and there are plenty of other options in the crossroads that stay open until 2am. Thank you again for the great review and we hope you will come back and see us next time you are visiting the area.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We spent 10 night at this hotel and very much enjoyed it. We have stayed on Disney property in the past but wanted a change. It is around 1/2 mile walk to downtown Disney which is just right and is a lovely walk. The hotel offers a shuttle to all the disneys parks they are prompt and reliable. The rooms are comfortable and the addition of a balcony is a really plus. We had a lovely view of Epcot from our room. The swimming pool is ok and we found it to be quiet which was a bonus. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would defiantly stay agin

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor with a Disney view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah B

Sarah, Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay. You are right most of our guests are so busy in the parks that rarely does our pool get busy and when it does it is mainly in the hot summer months when a refresher is needed for all. Hope to see you next time you come and see our friend Mickey.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the weekend of Oct 5,2012. We have stayed at all hotels on this street (Hotel Plaza Blvd) as well as all Disney resorts, as well as hotels off Disney property.. First, the staff was fantastic at this hotel. Other than that and the size of our king bed room, everything else left a lot to be desired. I strongly would not reccommend this hotel. It needs a major renovation and is clearly not worth $100/night. Our sliding glass door to the balcony didn't fully shut. It was held together with a hook lock. As a previous guest mentioned, the doors on the ends of the building were open- anyone could walk in. Not safe at all. Anytime anyone shut a slider door, you could hear it.

We found water damage in 4 locations in our room and bathroom. It was just painted over. And there was mold inside near the sliding glass door since it didn't shut. The bathroom was sloppily painted with paint all over the toilet and the towel rack in the shower. The showerhead was directly connected to the pipe so you couldn't move it and that pipe was gross/green/old.

We arrived Friday night to dirty room service plates sitting on the table by the hallway elevators. They weren't cleaned up/taken until Sunday morning.

Baseboards were ripped off and missing in the room. As we talked to other guests in the elevator, there were 3 other couples with identical issues I mentioned here and we all said we aren't coming back to this hotel.

We also tried the $13.99 all you can eat Pizza Hut Buffet dinner. We didn't recognize it as actual pizza hut pizza. It was burnt/dried out and so were the breadsticks. The salad bar was quite basic. We felt like we had completely wasted $36 with tip.

My husband and I travel extensively in FL and especially to Disney. There are many other much nicer hotels on that same street and in the vicinity for the price. If they did a major renovation (including exterior door locks and sliding glass balcony doors) however, this hotel would be worth it.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Floridian73
WaldChristopher, Rooms Division Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Floridian, thank you for taking the time to review us. First of all let me apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay. All of the issues that you have brought to attention our have been passed to our engineering team for correction immediately. If any of these issue would have been brought to our attention during your stay we could have corrected them right away or moved you to a room that you may have been more comfortable in. I assure you our Italian buffet does have Pizza Hut pizza provided as it is the only pizza we serve on property and it is regularly rotated during the buffet. I have also addressed your comments with our Food and Beverage department for their correction. As you may have read in some of my previous response we are currently doing a lot of work on the property to include complete replacement of exterior doors, guest room locks, and balcony repairs, just to mention a few of the items. I hope that next time you are in the area you will give us the opportunity to see how we have improved. Hope to see you soon and thanks again for the review.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Prior to embarking on a cruise, we stayed at the Best Western Resort in the Disney World Area. We were greeted with a friendly face at the Front Desk by Sharon Summerville. Our room was ready even though we were checking in 2 hours early. We ate in the Hotel restaurant both nights we were there. We were very pleased with the qualify of the food and how inexpensive it was for the Disney area. The retaurant staff was equally as pleasant and helpfull. We are definitely going back to this Best Western when we return in November 2012

Room Tip: Upper floors facing Dinsey are the best
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Mary, we are so glad to see you enjoyed your stay. You are right Sharon is one of our superstars here and is great with our guest; she goes above and beyond to make sure everyone has the best trip possible. I am glad you also got to enjoy the restaurant and you are right we do have very competitive pricing for the area. Thanks again for the review and we will see you next month.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed here for two days after our Disney Cruise and were very happy with the location. You can walk to DownTown Disney on palm tree lined sidewalks. We had a non-smoking room which had cigarette burns in one of the comforters. When I went out onto my deck to relax and somebody next to us was outside smoking, so I had to go back in. I did call the front desk and they said they would check into it as that wasn't supposed to happen. When I went to get my airline tickets printed, the small computer they had to use was not working. I had to go to the business center to call for help, and they said it would be 2 hours before they could get there! The computers in the business center were nice, but cost money to use. I had a front desk lady help me out, but she couldn't get the "free" computer to work either. She then used her computer to help me get my tickets printed. There is no type of security for each door that leads in to the steps. I walked into the hotel from the side door which is outside and walked right up to my floor ~ yikes..anybody can walk in. We also saw a guy leave the pool area with his belongings and went walking down the street; which looked like he just comes to the pool to hang out. The sliding doors made terrible noise and it took all my weight to open and close it. You could hear the sliding doors all around us all night long though, that was a bummer. The beds were comfortable, and the pool was heated and nice sized. The view for Disney and Epcot was fabulous, and we enjoyed seeing the fireworks. I think if a little work was put into this resort, and a free breakfast offered, it could be top-notch. The gentlemen in the gift/gorcery shop was really nice also.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank GodsGal

Gods Gal, Thanks for your honest review. We are currently working on many of the issue you mentioned. We a 100% smoke free property with smoking only allowed in our designated smoking areas. Although this is our policy and we try very hard to enforce this people still choose to ignore this which can also cause them to be penalized with a 200 dollars smoking fee. All exterior doors are being replaced and will be more secure once this is finished, Balconies Doors have all recently been added to our PM program to make sure other guest do not experience the same issue. So as you can see we have many upgrades and work scheduled for the next few months. I thank you for taking the time to review us and sharing your experience and hope that while in the area in the future you give us another chances and see how we have better ourselves. Thanks Again