Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Ranked #181 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We spent 10 night at this hotel and very much enjoyed it. We have stayed on Disney property in the past but wanted a change. It is around 1/2 mile walk to downtown Disney which is just right and is a lovely walk. The hotel offers a shuttle to all the disneys parks they are prompt and reliable. The rooms are comfortable and the addition of a balcony is a really plus. We had a lovely view of Epcot from our room. The swimming pool is ok and we found it to be quiet which was a bonus. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would defiantly stay agin

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor with a Disney view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah B
WaldChristopher, Rooms Division Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Sarah, Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay. You are right most of our guests are so busy in the parks that rarely does our pool get busy and when it does it is mainly in the hot summer months when a refresher is needed for all. Hope to see you next time you come and see our friend Mickey.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Korean first
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the weekend of Oct 5,2012. We have stayed at all hotels on this street (Hotel Plaza Blvd) as well as all Disney resorts, as well as hotels off Disney property.. First, the staff was fantastic at this hotel. Other than that and the size of our king bed room, everything else left a lot to be desired. I strongly would not reccommend this hotel. It needs a major renovation and is clearly not worth $100/night. Our sliding glass door to the balcony didn't fully shut. It was held together with a hook lock. As a previous guest mentioned, the doors on the ends of the building were open- anyone could walk in. Not safe at all. Anytime anyone shut a slider door, you could hear it.

We found water damage in 4 locations in our room and bathroom. It was just painted over. And there was mold inside near the sliding glass door since it didn't shut. The bathroom was sloppily painted with paint all over the toilet and the towel rack in the shower. The showerhead was directly connected to the pipe so you couldn't move it and that pipe was gross/green/old.

We arrived Friday night to dirty room service plates sitting on the table by the hallway elevators. They weren't cleaned up/taken until Sunday morning.

Baseboards were ripped off and missing in the room. As we talked to other guests in the elevator, there were 3 other couples with identical issues I mentioned here and we all said we aren't coming back to this hotel.

We also tried the $13.99 all you can eat Pizza Hut Buffet dinner. We didn't recognize it as actual pizza hut pizza. It was burnt/dried out and so were the breadsticks. The salad bar was quite basic. We felt like we had completely wasted $36 with tip.

My husband and I travel extensively in FL and especially to Disney. There are many other much nicer hotels on that same street and in the vicinity for the price. If they did a major renovation (including exterior door locks and sliding glass balcony doors) however, this hotel would be worth it.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Floridian73
WaldChristopher, Rooms Division Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Floridian, thank you for taking the time to review us. First of all let me apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay. All of the issues that you have brought to attention our have been passed to our engineering team for correction immediately. If any of these issue would have been brought to our attention during your stay we could have corrected them right away or moved you to a room that you may have been more comfortable in. I assure you our Italian buffet does have Pizza Hut pizza provided as it is the only pizza we serve on property and it is regularly rotated during the buffet. I have also addressed your comments with our Food and Beverage department for their correction. As you may have read in some of my previous response we are currently doing a lot of work on the property to include complete replacement of exterior doors, guest room locks, and balcony repairs, just to mention a few of the items. I hope that next time you are in the area you will give us the opportunity to see how we have improved. Hope to see you soon and thanks again for the review.

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Mulberry FL
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Prior to embarking on a cruise, we stayed at the Best Western Resort in the Disney World Area. We were greeted with a friendly face at the Front Desk by Sharon Summerville. Our room was ready even though we were checking in 2 hours early. We ate in the Hotel restaurant both nights we were there. We were very pleased with the qualify of the food and how inexpensive it was for the Disney area. The retaurant staff was equally as pleasant and helpfull. We are definitely going back to this Best Western when we return in November 2012

Room Tip: Upper floors facing Dinsey are the best
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mary, we are so glad to see you enjoyed your stay. You are right Sharon is one of our superstars here and is great with our guest; she goes above and beyond to make sure everyone has the best trip possible. I am glad you also got to enjoy the restaurant and you are right we do have very competitive pricing for the area. Thanks again for the review and we will see you next month.
Holmen, WI
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed here for two days after our Disney Cruise and were very happy with the location. You can walk to DownTown Disney on palm tree lined sidewalks. We had a non-smoking room which had cigarette burns in one of the comforters. When I went out onto my deck to relax and somebody next to us was outside smoking, so I had to go back in. I did call the front desk and they said they would check into it as that wasn't supposed to happen. When I went to get my airline tickets printed, the small computer they had to use was not working. I had to go to the business center to call for help, and they said it would be 2 hours before they could get there! The computers in the business center were nice, but cost money to use. I had a front desk lady help me out, but she couldn't get the "free" computer to work either. She then used her computer to help me get my tickets printed. There is no type of security for each door that leads in to the steps. I walked into the hotel from the side door which is outside and walked right up to my floor ~ yikes..anybody can walk in. We also saw a guy leave the pool area with his belongings and went walking down the street; which looked like he just comes to the pool to hang out. The sliding doors made terrible noise and it took all my weight to open and close it. You could hear the sliding doors all around us all night long though, that was a bummer. The beds were comfortable, and the pool was heated and nice sized. The view for Disney and Epcot was fabulous, and we enjoyed seeing the fireworks. I think if a little work was put into this resort, and a free breakfast offered, it could be top-notch. The gentlemen in the gift/gorcery shop was really nice also.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank GodsGal
Gods Gal, Thanks for your honest review. We are currently working on many of the issue you mentioned. We a 100% smoke free property with smoking only allowed in our designated smoking areas. Although this is our policy and we try very hard to enforce this people still choose to ignore this which can also cause them to be penalized with a 200 dollars smoking fee. All exterior doors are being replaced and will be more secure once this is finished, Balconies Doors have all recently been added to our PM program to make sure other guest do not experience the same issue. So as you can see we have many upgrades and work scheduled for the next few months. I thank you for taking the time to review us and sharing your experience and hope that while in the area in the future you give us another chances and see how we have better ourselves. Thanks Again
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I just stayed here this last weekend and all I have to say is it was great. My friend and I came up for the Tower of Terror 10-mile run at Disney and loved our stay here. Our room faced Epcot and we got to see the fireworks which was cool. The beds were comfy and after a 10-mile race comfy beds were needed! Room service was quick and yummy, the only complaint I have was we could hear people using the ice machine by our room late at night. Other than that it was excellent!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank KEK84
Kek, Thanks for the 2 thumbs up review. Glad to see you enjoyed yourself during your recent stay. Unfortunately there are a few rooms where you can hear the ice machines and elevators. We do have security available throughout the night to handle any disruptions or other issues that any guest may be experiencing. I hope next time you are in the Orlando area you come and visit us again. Thanks again for the great review.
Apollo Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We arrived and asked for early check in, I just sustained a foot injury and they said they could have a room for us by 11:00 a.m. we arrived as scheduled even calling ahead again and the room wasn't ready. They said the they upgraded us to a Disney View room, but that the people were still in it. We left to grab a bite to eat at downtown disney Earl of Sandwich, it was delicious. Came back to the hotel, room wasn't ready, the lady helping us was very nice and tried very hard to get us in. The people and staff were great, very friendly and easy to talk to. it wasn't until 2:30pm did we check into the room, I had fallen asleep on the couches in the lobby, I was in pain. My husband woke me up and I made my way to the room. ABOUT the ROOM - First thing we noticed was the door was worn and damaged visibly. the walls looked ok the furnishings looked ok, but the sofa bed was really worn out, you sank when you sat on the sofa part. There was a space where a refrigerator used to be and it was vacant, dusty and looked terrible. the closet is very small, the balcony is worn out,The room smelled fresh and clean, and the carpets, etc. were cleaned too. I always try to overlook little cracks and things to the room, its just wear and tear, unless its actually effecting me or the reasonable price I paid, I try to overlook. Some things this time, I noticed. After reading the reviews I was wondering about how people stated it was too small. Now I know what they meant, the bathrooms are really small, the shower was ok, but there was barely any hot water, the pressure was terrible and the water was luke warm. the set up of the room was ok since it was just my husband and I. We enjoyed watching the fireworks at night from the balcony. We tried calling the front desk, no one ever answered. We tried to get the message waiting blinking off, it never shut off. We joined the Best Western club for perks, yet when we checked in, we certainly didn't feel any different, nothing special was offered. I guess they just offered the upgraded room to the Disney View. We were hungry late at night so we tried looking through our room for menu, we never found one anywhere. We tried to see what time was check out since we were club members and I ended up having to call them on my cell phone to get through to the front desk at the hotel I'm actually staying out! WOW! I then asked what time was check out and the lady stated that it was 11am, I told her if she had late check out for club members and she said yes to 1pm so I took it. We never got a chance to use pool or anything.

Room Tip: Join the rewards club, although the Late Check out was great, we didn't receive anything like ot...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MrsMars157
MrsMars, I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We try very hard to accommodate request for early check in however we are a very busy property and sometimes are not able to grant them. All of our sofa beds are scheduled to be replaced by the end of the year and we will also be repairing all balconies starting next month. You are correct all BW rewards member’s level should be mentioned at check in I will review these procedures with our Front Desk to ensure that this happens in the future. Thanks for taking the time to review us and I hope next time you are in the area you give us another chance and see all the changes we have made.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Rooms are clean and beds are comfy....breakfast is pretty good for 6$ and staff is great! I have stayed here on more than one occasion and gotten a great deal on bookit.com 59$ free parking and wifi. The pool area is nice, clean and peaceful. Location to downtown disney is in walking distance or their free shuttle. If all you need is a room and nothing special...this is a great deal! I love that every room has a balcony also.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank TheWanderer2626
Wanderer, thanks for coming to check us out again and submitting such a great review. You are correct about the downtown Disney shuttle which begins at 6pm every evening and runs every half hour 'til 2am; we also offer shuttle service to the 4 major Disney parks every half hour. There are great deals out on the internet but be sure to call us direct to compare, we have great deals for direct bookings and also can set up personalized packages to ensure you get everything you want in your stay. Thanks again for the great review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area
Windsor Palms Resort
#9 of 62 in Kissimmee

Been to Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area? Share your experiences!