Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Ranked #181 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I just stayed here this last weekend and all I have to say is it was great. My friend and I came up for the Tower of Terror 10-mile run at Disney and loved our stay here. Our room faced Epcot and we got to see the fireworks which was cool. The beds were comfy and after a 10-mile race comfy beds were needed! Room service was quick and yummy, the only complaint I have was we could hear people using the ice machine by our room late at night. Other than that it was excellent!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank KEK84
WaldChristopher, Rooms Division Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Kek, Thanks for the 2 thumbs up review. Glad to see you enjoyed yourself during your recent stay. Unfortunately there are a few rooms where you can hear the ice machines and elevators. We do have security available throughout the night to handle any disruptions or other issues that any guest may be experiencing. I hope next time you are in the Orlando area you come and visit us again. Thanks again for the great review.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We arrived and asked for early check in, I just sustained a foot injury and they said they could have a room for us by 11:00 a.m. we arrived as scheduled even calling ahead again and the room wasn't ready. They said the they upgraded us to a Disney View room, but that the people were still in it. We left to grab a bite to eat at downtown disney Earl of Sandwich, it was delicious. Came back to the hotel, room wasn't ready, the lady helping us was very nice and tried very hard to get us in. The people and staff were great, very friendly and easy to talk to. it wasn't until 2:30pm did we check into the room, I had fallen asleep on the couches in the lobby, I was in pain. My husband woke me up and I made my way to the room. ABOUT the ROOM - First thing we noticed was the door was worn and damaged visibly. the walls looked ok the furnishings looked ok, but the sofa bed was really worn out, you sank when you sat on the sofa part. There was a space where a refrigerator used to be and it was vacant, dusty and looked terrible. the closet is very small, the balcony is worn out,The room smelled fresh and clean, and the carpets, etc. were cleaned too. I always try to overlook little cracks and things to the room, its just wear and tear, unless its actually effecting me or the reasonable price I paid, I try to overlook. Some things this time, I noticed. After reading the reviews I was wondering about how people stated it was too small. Now I know what they meant, the bathrooms are really small, the shower was ok, but there was barely any hot water, the pressure was terrible and the water was luke warm. the set up of the room was ok since it was just my husband and I. We enjoyed watching the fireworks at night from the balcony. We tried calling the front desk, no one ever answered. We tried to get the message waiting blinking off, it never shut off. We joined the Best Western club for perks, yet when we checked in, we certainly didn't feel any different, nothing special was offered. I guess they just offered the upgraded room to the Disney View. We were hungry late at night so we tried looking through our room for menu, we never found one anywhere. We tried to see what time was check out since we were club members and I ended up having to call them on my cell phone to get through to the front desk at the hotel I'm actually staying out! WOW! I then asked what time was check out and the lady stated that it was 11am, I told her if she had late check out for club members and she said yes to 1pm so I took it. We never got a chance to use pool or anything.

Room Tip: Join the rewards club, although the Late Check out was great, we didn't receive anything like ot...
2  Thank MrsMars157

MrsMars, I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We try very hard to accommodate request for early check in however we are a very busy property and sometimes are not able to grant them. All of our sofa beds are scheduled to be replaced by the end of the year and we will also be repairing all balconies starting next month. You are correct all BW rewards member’s level should be mentioned at check in I will review these procedures with our Front Desk to ensure that this happens in the future. Thanks for taking the time to review us and I hope next time you are in the area you give us another chance and see all the changes we have made.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Rooms are clean and beds are comfy....breakfast is pretty good for 6$ and staff is great! I have stayed here on more than one occasion and gotten a great deal on bookit.com 59$ free parking and wifi. The pool area is nice, clean and peaceful. Location to downtown disney is in walking distance or their free shuttle. If all you need is a room and nothing special...this is a great deal! I love that every room has a balcony also.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank TheWanderer2626

Wanderer, thanks for coming to check us out again and submitting such a great review. You are correct about the downtown Disney shuttle which begins at 6pm every evening and runs every half hour 'til 2am; we also offer shuttle service to the 4 major Disney parks every half hour. There are great deals out on the internet but be sure to call us direct to compare, we have great deals for direct bookings and also can set up personalized packages to ensure you get everything you want in your stay. Thanks again for the great review.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is our family Christmas vacation and this hotel has been our destination for 6 years,we always have a very pleasant stay. Clean rooms and good atmosphere,easy check in, walking distance to Downtown Disney and prompt shuttles to the parks.
We look forward to Kathy and Anita who are waitresses in the restaurant and are one of the reasons we keep comming back. Their professional attitude and warmth are great!

Room Tip: There are rooms with a fireworks view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Tomas D
WaldChristopher, Rooms Division Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Tomas, thank you for taking the time to review us. It is so nice to hear from another one of our loyal guest. Kathy and Anita are both wonderful and a huge asset to our team without Team members like them we would not have guest like you. Thank you again for you great review, see you in December.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here for 9 nights in total. This hotel is excellent. Perfect location to walk to downtown Disney only about a 10 min walk. Room was spotless and very big with fab views from the clean balcony. It offers free transport to all Disney parks and the taxi service to the universal parks was very reasonable. The breakfast is buffet style they had all the usual stuff. All the staff were very friendly!!! I wouldn't stay any where else!!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ANNERS1

Anners, thank you for review and loyalty. Our team works very hard to ensure all guest rooms are spotless and every guest that stays leaves happy. Our shuttle is just one of our great features to enjoy while staying with us. We also have a Pizza Hut Express, newly re-modeled gym and many up upgrades with more on the way. Thank you again for taking the time for the wonderful review.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Hotel is very good.Location is perfect.Disney downtown is walkable distance.Less than one mile.All the Disney Parks are close by.There is Bus service from hotel to disney parks every 30 minutes.Hotel is very clean.The rooms are spacious comfortable and clean, you couldn’t ask for moreWe go disney view room which is excellent.Seaworld and Universal also 6-7 miles.But they dont have bus service.Hotel staffs are good.My wife and I have stayed here for 1 week..Very Nice

Room Tip: Disney View Room
1  Thank Sutanu M
WaldChristopher, Rooms Division Manager at Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Sutanu, thank you for your raving review. We strive to be the Best here at Best Western Lake Buena Vista and I am so glad to see that we have done it for you. I only hope that next time you come to Sunny Florida that we have you as our guest again. Thanks again for the great review.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here for 7 nights mid September. We split our 2 week holiday with a week in the Best Western and a week on I-Drive. The hotel is fine, no problems at all. I would only stay at this hotel for Disney. Its the cheapest Disney hotel we could find and it suited us perfectly with shuttles every 30 minutes to the theme parks.

This hotel was more expensive than the I-drive hotel due to it being a Downtown Disney hotel, so only stay here if you want easy access to Disney otherwise you can getter better quality hotels cheaper further away from Disney.

1  Thank NathanGunn

Nathan, Thanks for your review. I am glad to see that we meet all your expectations; we try hard to make sure every guest is treated as our #1 guest. We do have some amazing deals out there so keep your eyes open to find them and always call our in-house reservationist with any questions or to check on specials. Thanks again for the great review and we hope you come and see us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Best Western Premier Saratoga Resort Villas
Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando-Lake Buena Vista
Terra Verde Resort
Terra Verde Resort
#11 of 63 in Kissimmee

Been to Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area? Share your experiences!