“Softest Sheets EVER! Queen beds in Orlando!”

Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Ranked #182 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Softest Sheets EVER! Queen beds in Orlando!”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Yes, this hotel is dated, however the staff is friendly, the hotel is clean, and the pool is nice. Overall number of rooms is small compared to many area hotels, so the pool is not too crowded, and the elevators quick and not too full. The best part was Queen size beds, very rare in Orlando, and these were the softest sheets I have ever had in any hotel! The price was great too!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Korean first
Bridgeton, New Jersey
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Stayed for 4 days would not think twice about staying again!!
Everything about the hotel was a pleasure.

florida
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here for my daughter's 7th birthday and we really enjoyed the hotel. We loved the shuttle that took us to all the Disney Parks. It was clean and ran every 30 min. and the drivers' were very helpful in reminding your where to catch the returning shuttle to the hotel. The beds were so comfortable, my husband wanted to buy one! The rooms have a private balcony and nicely furnished and very clean. If you love Disney like we do, then this is the hotel to frequent. It is moderately to value priced. Watch for promotions at this Hotel.....enjoy the trip!!!

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank disneyrocksFlorida
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Just came back from our trip to Disney World and stayed at Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel and I must say we were very, very pleased! We made reservations in advance and ordered our Disney tickets through orlandovacation.com. I was a bit nervous and wondered if things would be taken care of but no worries. When we got to the front desk our room was ready to go and our Disney tickets were waiting for us. The lady at the front desk, Marinella, was wonderful! She was friendly and helpful; a real asset to this hotel! We had requested a "Disney View" room and again, I was skeptical about whether that would be money well spent. Our room was on the 9th floor and we could indeed see the fireworks every night at Epcot AND Disney World. Understand this was NOT like actually being at the park, you are quite a ways from the park; BUT, we thought our view of Downtown Disney, the city lights and most importantly the fireworks was perfectly fine and absolutely worth the extra money we spent (please note that I am cheap, not easily impressed and fully expected to be disappointed so I was happily surprised that the view was better than I anticipated!!!). Our room was clean and the beds were VERY comfortable (huge surprise for a hotel!). Internet was a bit on the slow side and the rooms could use a bit of updating (phones and some furnishings looked outdated and this is the first hotel I have been to in a couple of years that didn't have an LCD flat screen in the room). Hotel offered buses that brought us to the Disney Parks every day. The buses run every half hour from 8 am until about an hour after the parks close so we never had to wait long to be picked up either at the hotel or at the parks. I do wish that the bus service to Downtown Disney started before 6 PM. All in all we thought we got a great room and great value for our money.

Room Tip: Ask for a Disney View Room. Worth the extra mone!
3 Thank Travlee
Memphis, TN
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I had booked this hotel months in advance to insure connecting rooms. When we arrived, we got the connecting rooms. We arrived about 4:00pm and noticed a smell in the room, so we opened the doors, turned on the A/C and off to dinner and shopping at Downtown Disney. Arrived back at the hotel around 10:00pm and smell was worse. We called front desk and they sent a maint. guy up. The smell seemed to be coming from the carpet beside one of the beds. He said that it would be tomorrow before someone could shampoo the carpets. We called to change rooms. No other connecting rooms were available, so suggested that my kids that were in the next room just move over to ours until the shampoo could be cleaned. We stated to just credit that room for the night until it could be cleaned. Manager on-duty was very RUDE and would not work with us! Finally after getting her name and asking for the hotel managers name and number, she said she could credit us a night. We also asked that the hotel manager call us in the morning. Morning time came and he called and said he would move us into another set of connecting rooms. Also comp'd us a breakfast buffet to make up for the inconvenience. He tried to make things right. We explained how rude and un-cooperative the on-duty manager had been the night before.

The other thing that I did not like about this hotel was the transportation system. It was not Disney or affiliated with them. There were several times we waited in the hot sun over 30 minutes waiting for a bus. One evening in particular, we noticed a bus sitting in the parking lot for quite some time before it actually came up to the stop.

The Free Internet was terrible. I ended up having to go to the Business center and pay for Internet service one evening as I had an emergency to tend to.

For the amount that I saved from a Disney hotel, this was just not worth the hassle.

4 Thank MAP_Memphis
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed June 8, 2011

My wife and our 3 kids have stayed here four times in the last 6 years and have found it to be one of the best values in the Disney area. Many hotels balk at five people per room or want to put you in a suite, here we have two beds and a sleeper sofa. Our first night we pulled out the sofa and realized there were no sheets for the sofa (they may not have known we needed them) but they were delivered in about 15 minutes ! The only other minor problem was there was only one VERY small trash can in the entire room, I asked the maid how many should be in there and she replied two so I asked for a second which never happened but in fairness to the all I never pressed the issue and if I had asked again I'm sure this would have been resolved.

In some respects I will agree with other reviews that the hotel is showing a little age (bathroom could have used a new coat of paint) but overall everything is clean and the staff was very friendly. The location is great and the bus service while not as plentiful or convenient as the actual Disney hotel bus service is still very reliable, especially once you figure out where the pickup points are at the various parks.

I prepaid for my seven nights so I got the discounted rate which averaged about $80 dollars per night which considering the location I considered to be a bargain. Because we drove this time I also had access to restaurants, both sit down and fast food as well as a 24/7 grocery store located blocks away. We also took advantage of the on-site Pizza hut one night after rolling in about 11:00PM not only was this extremely convenient it was also probably the best Pizza Hut pizza I have ever eaten.

If I do have one criticism it's with the "Guest Service" desk, the people manning the desk were knowledgeable and answered my question both times I approached them but they also tried to round me up to go along on what I'm sure was a little trip to sell me a time share or some vacation club? So to sum it all up I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that asked and especially when you have a family of five, if/when we return to the Disney area this will be our first choice.

3 Thank r2112
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Just returned from a four night stay with this Disney-area hotel. I had a great time and I am not easy to please. Yes this hotel is a bit old and it isn't a Ritz-Carlton but it was comfortable and provided what I needed: a cheap place to stay.

Overall the hotel was clean and efficient. I was scared of what I might find at this hotel. I had read all the negative posts online here. But if you go in without the "I'm a diva, give me everything" mentality and understand you're staying at a Best Western then you'll be fine.

Pros: Bus Service to Disney Parks, Walking Distance to Non-Disney restaurants, FREE self parking

Cons: Pool is too warm, small maintenance issues, no fabulous amenities

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank HappyJack77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Area
Windsor Palms Resort
#9 of 59 in Kissimmee

Been to Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area? Share your experiences!