“Manatee tour”
Review of BK Adventures

BK Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bioluminescence Tours are a Florida must-do adventure for those who want to a magical experience in nature. BK Adventure is the Orlando area's top tour company for bioluminescent kayaking and rafting. Try the clear kayaks if you want to experience this phenomenon with a 360 view of the glowing water. Not up for a night tour? Why make friends with some Manatees and Dolphins on our day tours. We take you to the Merritt Island National Wildife Refuge to see the best of Florida's nature. This habitat near Kennedy Space Center is the most bio-diverse estuary in North America. Guest are sure to see exotic birds, tons of marine life and of course, Manatees and Dolphins! Join us any day or night for one of our amazing outdoor adventures, and see why BK is rated Florida's top eco-tour company!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Our tour guide Otto was great! He was very familiar with all the wildlife in the area from the birds and bugs, jellyfish, and of course the dolphins and manatees! He had a great sense of humor and made the tour very interesting! Would have loved the Bioluminescence tour but time would not allow.

Highly recommended using this team for any of the tours they offer!

All reviews
"great guide"
"an amazing experience"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

Mother Nature always finds a way to delight and surprise us. Although I’d done one bioluminescent tour a year ago and loved it, this enhanced and improved my love of this tour.
Steve and Josh were our guides. We lucked out that it was just our group of 6 (plus the guides) so we felt very cared for.
Steve was wonderful at explaining everything- what we would do, how to, safety things, and much much of the fun and knowledge part too.
Steve was so enthusiastic and kind and we could tell he wanted to give us an excellent experience. Which he and Josh did!
Josh was fun and witty and kind and his observations and jokes were perfect for our group.
Steve took us on a more adventurous route because of our circumstances and interest.
So great!
The stars were so bright it made us dizzy. Saw the Milky Way!
Combine that with the glowing water and (surprise in florida) Lightning bugs/Fireflies and several of us noted the “SnowGlobe feel of the night.
We had the best time. Steve and Josh never rushed us, and patiently answered all questions.
Their utmost concern was for a good excursion plus keeping us safe while having fun.
It was a memory and a beautiful one.
A+ !!!!

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I traveled to the Orlando area a year ago to do the sunset and bioluminescent tour. Unfortunately, Mother Nature had her own agenda, and there was a crazy thunderstorm. BK Adventures provided us with a raincheck for another tour. We were able to use it this Wednesday, July 11, 2018. We were able to see manatees and dolphins. Plus, we watched the sunset. It was incredibly beautiful and romantic. I didn't capture the photo of the sun because I was too busy enjoying the experience. I did get a shot of the beautiful sky after the sunset tour was finished. Our guides Bailey and Josh were awesome and made our trip unforgettable. They are very outgoing and knowledgeable about the wildlife in the area. The bioluminescence was beautiful that night. I caught a bunch of comb jellies too. They were really slimy but we're super cool to touch and observe. It was so dark that we were able to see millions of stars in the clear night sky. We were very lucky with the weather. I definitely recommend going with BK Adventures for the sunset tour and bioluminescent tour package. Oh, and don't forget to tip the guides, even though it is optional. They work really hard to make the trip enjoyable, and they have to keep track of everyone and keep them safe. It can be a high pressure job because people on the tour have different levels of kayaking experience, so be generous.

1  Thank Rebecca L
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

Joe was a lovely tour guide. My husband and I were the only ones on the tour, but he was great with us. He has a fun banter and answered all of our questions. We really enjoyed the manatee zone. It was the highlight of our trip for sure.

I'm already looking into potentially bringing my class next year for a tour!