“Run of the ill Courtyard, BUT...”

Courtyard Orlando Airport
Ranked #232 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I am a Marriott fan, plain and simple. I'm only Silver status because my business travel is way down. My wife is Platinum, which I only mention in order to emphasize the brand loyalty overall.

This hotel is near the entrance to MCO, and is surrounded by other hotels and restaurants. Convenient for business. Typical Courtyard furnishing and services, and the employees were above average friendly. Food service was very good for both late supper and breakfast (though with three employees on duty in the restaurant at breakfast, not sure why the hotel GM was scurrying around bussing dishes when the other three weren't exactly overworked).

My only real beef was that with a telephone line problem. I couldn't call the hotel from the airport to ask that the van come over (though they did reimburse the $12 cab fare when I checked in when I suggested that they reimburse me), couldn't access the hotel from the exterior with a room key (not necessarily such a bad thing), and couldn't print my airline boarding pass the next morning on the lobby computer (again, not that big a deal, but I didn't connect the dots quite that quickly, and spent way too long trying to check in - a sign above the computer indicating phone lines were down wouldn't have been so hard to accomplish).

Also, while the room was fine, this was my second Marriott stay in a row where the bed and/or mattress were flat-out worn out. It's just like rental car companies keeping their fleet vehicles too long. Come on, Mr. Marriott, spring for some new beds for your bread and butter customers.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Barbara P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you for your reveiw of the hotel. We appreciate the kind comments regarding the staff service. Thank you for also letting us know about the mattress, we will work on getting that replaced. Again, thank you for yur loyalty to Marriott and assisting in making the hotel better.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

They've updated to the Courtyard standard - the red tone. It's nice once or twice but if you travel a lot like me, it become dull because it's dark. The room furnishings, etc....are nice. But this place has perfumed the pig - meaning the walls, ceilings, etc. are old - and they hoped that by doing carpet, paint, etc. that they made it nice. It doesn't work. Also, I used the eliptical (the tv doesn't work) and the treadmill (tv doesn't have sound). That's inexcusable. They have the bistro - it's as all are - institutional food that they charge you for. There's a TGI Friday next door. Close to the airport and the shuttle was less than ten minutes to pick me up. Not horrible...just nothing exciting.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the hotel. I am sorry that you don't like the decor. I agree that there is no excuse for the exercise equipment to be in disrepair, I see we have some maintenance to be performed.

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

It was just great but had a little trouble finding. It sits back in. I drove down the main highway for several miles before I realized that I had gone to far. I turned around and headed back toward the airport and it was set back in to the right.

Room Tip: West end last room very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Employees were extremely nice , airport shuttle showed up on time , menu items in the cafe were excellent, and the rooms are up to par for a Courtyard.. Pleasant stay and will come back.

The gal behind the cafe the nights I was there was very kind and fun to chat with.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Barbara P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you taking the time to review your stay at the hotel. We appreciate the kind remarks and will share them with our associates.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Hotel is oldest building in area but one of the most expensive to stay in. Next door to TGIF that receives either early food deliveries or early trash pick up, so don't expect to sleep in. 2 out of 3 of the side doors (doors that go into the hallway instead of to the front desk) don't work at all. Not very convenient when it's raining out and you want to come in to the door closest to your room. Low water pressure in shower. Housekeeping made beds and took out garbage, but failed to replenish soap, shampoo, ice bucket liner and the paper coffee cups. Housekeeping also stole diamond necklace from bathroom sink area. "Bistro" has good food and has friendly service, though. In fact, it could be said that the only reason this hotel is worth one star instead of zero is because of the Bistro. Unfortunately, it's pretty expensive. Good.. but expensive.

Room Tip: Don't book a room here.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Barbara P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Courtyard. I apologize for the problems that you experienced during your stay and I thank you for your feedback so that we can work on making the hotel better,

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

We reserved a 2 queen room but received a king with foldout couch for 4 adults. This was not comfortable for 2 of us. The rooms are small but adequate for an overnight stay. Do not rely on the in house cafe for food. The prices are high for the food offered. They will not serve breakfast after 10 am. No breakfast included in the stay. Service at the cafe is very poor.

• Stayed: December 2013
Barbara P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. We appreciate the feedback. I apologize for not being able to honor your reservation request for two double beds,. Our restaurant should be able to serve some breakfast items after 10am. I see that we have some retraining to do with our associates. Again, thank you for the feedback it can only make us better.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

The staff make this hotel. The airport shuttle service was prompt. The check- in was fast and easy. The rooms are clean and well maintained. I took a chance and ate in the hotel restaurant. While the food will never win awards, the service was friendly and personal. They remembered me from check- in! The location is great for business travel. It's close to the airport, and has many food options within walking distance. Overall, a good hotel bargain for me. I would recommend this property.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel I am pleased that the associates made you feel welcome. It is also very important to know that the room was clean and comfortable. Again, thank you for your feedback!