“Good Value”

Courtyard Orlando Airport
Ranked #230 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Property has been renovated but still feels old. As I parked and was walking up to the front door, I wasn’t sure I had the right hotel. There is a lack of outdoor signs and lights and from the parking lots it’s hard to tell you are walking into a Courtyard Marriott.

My biggest issue was the loud wall unit for an air conditioner. These are very typical in Florida but tend to be noisy.

The rooms are well done, clean and all in good working condition. Wireless internet worked well and I was able to connect multiple devices without issue.

Hotel is extremely close to the airport and there are plenty of food and gas stops nearby.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We've stayed at several hotels in the Orlando Airport area, but I must say this is probably the best value when booked over marriott.com. We paid $84 a night for a clean room with most of the basic amenities. The room was spotlessly clean. The staff was mediocre in their guest relations, bus from airport was pokey considering the 1-2 mile distance, no free breakfast although a comfortable dining area that offered good variety of choices throughout the day at pricey costs. There are many fine restaurants within walking distance. This is not a glitzy resort and it is not advertised as such and yet there is something undefined that is lacking - but Courtyards in the U.S, are rarely anything special. We are both elite members of the hotel's membership program and yet we didn't feel any special recognition was rendered - but the price was right!

Room Tip: Try to avoid the airport side of the hotel. There is considerable airport traffic all night.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Barbara P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Courtyard. I am glad to hear that you found the room clean, but a little concerned that our associates were not procticing the guest relations skills that we instill in them. I see that we have some retrarining to do. Thank you again, for the comments.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night at this hotel. I generally stay in Marriott hotels exclusively and with that said there are quite a few Marriott hotels to choose from within 0.5 mile of this Courtyard. I chose this hotel bc of proximity to my job site, price, and reviews. Check in was fine (7pm)...not overly friendly and no mention of elite status but whatever. The room, king studio, was clean but the room was 80 degrees when I walked in! Nothing like spending a long, hot day in the field then having to wait 30 min for my room to be a comfortable temperature. On top of that, the rooms are updated but still have those big in room ac units and mine was really loud! The HD channels were "skipping" (bad feed?) and non HD channels were super grainy, terrible quality. Ok fine, I'll watch netflix on my laptop. I also chose this hotel bc of complimentary wifi. Well low and behold the SLOW internet is free but if you want streaming quality you have to pay. That was irritating. And I know it's next to the airport but I guess I didnt accept so much plane noise...every time one landed I was well aware of it. This morning was the cherry on top. I figured they didnt have continental breakfast so no need to go to lobby right? Wrong. I called the front desk THREE times between 0620 and 0640 to check out and could not get anyone to answer. This hotel did not make my life easier during travel and I was disappointed in Marriotts level of customer service. Next week I'm booked at Spring Hill Suites and Fairfield Inn the week after, all in the same vicinity. We'll see if either of these can hold up to the Marriott standards I've come to expect during business travel.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank kandice292
Reviewed October 4, 2013

spent 2 nights at this hotel after a cruise. nice place to stay with a very clean room, nice bathroom and a balcony. floor was clean and the bed was clean and soft. slept very well both nights. front desk was very friendly at check and check out. had no issues but I did question why they put pending charges of $20 on my credit card which I was not informed that would happen. I disagree as to hotels doing this. overall good location and place to stay but sorry to say no free contenential breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank h0rsetrader
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We chose this hotel because of how close it was to the airport and the free shuttle plus the Marriott name, we were not disappointed. When we arrived we were greeted by a friendly staff who helped us quickly check in. When we inquired about the shuttle schedule we were also offered a wake up call which we took as a back up to our alarms. Our room was inviting and clean. We were able to use the business center to check in on our flight and print our boarding passes. The shuttle was on time and the driver was friendly and a safe driver who got us to our terminal in plenty of time. When we returned from our trip we called the hotel and they sent the shuttle to pick us up and bring us back where our car was safely parked. We had the pleasure of dealing with a few employees who were all very professional and friendly, unfortunately we only got the name of one of them, John St Paul. We want to say thank you for making this part of our trip stress free.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 03lynnj30
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Enjoyed rating the night! It is clean and has a European feel. The room feels upgraded and better than some Marriott hotels I have stayed at. Great bistro addition for a quick bite or cheap breakfast. Free Internet is always a plus!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hana A
Barbara P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at the hotel. We are glad that we exceeded your expectations and hope you will visit us again if you are in the Orlando airport area.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here over night before our early morning flight. Have stayed here before because of the convenience as well as the free parking while you are away on your trip. Staff are very helpful. Had a problem this time with tiny "sugar" ants in the dressing and bath areas. Brought this to the attention of front desk and was offered a room change, but since we had already "settled" in for the night passed. Really just wanted management to be aware in order for corrective action to take place. Otherwise our room was lovely overlooking the pool. Beds very comfortable. Bistro seemed empty of people so ate dinner at nearby chain Restaurant.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Barbara P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of the problem that you encountered with the sugar ants. We will certainly have our pest control company take a look at that. I am glad that you found the hotel comfortable and convenient. We appreciate your comments.