“It was just OK.”

Courtyard Orlando Airport
Ranked #231 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The service was ok, the rooms were ok, the pool did not have a pool bathroom so I had to make a mad dash to my room. The thing that was most disappointing was there was no coffee for breakfast in the lobby. They have a Starbucks, but being pretty well traveled I have come to expect coffee in the lobby. They did have that generic in room coffee that none of us really enjoy. I did not personally think it lived up to the cost. That being said, the airport shuttle is free, and the property is conveniently located.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I am a marriott elite member and when given a suite that was paid for the AC was broken, rather than providing another room I was told it would cool down eventually (90 degrees). I demanded another room but they said I could only get a double bed. No difference in price. I would be patient but this is not the first time this has happened at this hotel and I will not be staying again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank busfrequenttraveler
Barbara P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We certainly should have moved you to another room with working air conditioner immediately. I apologize for the lack of empathy you had to experience. I see we have some training issues to address. Thank you.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The staff was very helpful , friendly and supportive. We stayed on 7/ 19/2013 and during our presence there one of those "heartburn attack " was experience by me and unfortunately my medicines were left home... At 1:15 in the morning the situation became intolerable and I went to the front desk to see if they have in the small mart there any type of medicine. They did have , however it was my impression that I needed something more strong . It was incredibly how the person in the front desk reacted immediately and whitout hesitation she offered me to call the hotel shuttle to take me to a 24 hour pharmacy in the area ( That was not that close by) . Although it was not necessary to do so because the medicine that they have was eventually effective enough to deactivate the heartburn condition. THANK YOU people fro showing care an empathy in such a difficult situation for us. I definitely will stay there again...

N. Quinones

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind comments about the way our associates handled your situation. If is great to hear that even little things can make a big difference. We apprediate you taking the time to let us know.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed for one overnight with 2 teenage boys, our 1 year old and us (a couple). We reserved two queen sized beds to accmodate the two adults and 1 year old in one bed, and the teenagers in the other. We checked in and went to our room and there were two double beds. We called the front desk and he said "I don't know what happened but I don't have any other rooms available" - there was no offer to compensate us for lost sleep, no offer of breakfast - nothing - not even an apology!

While we had heard and seen good things about this hotel, we were disappointed at the lack of empathy and caring of the staff.

Room Tip: Make sure to call in advance if you wish to stay in the room you paid for
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank earthiegoddess
Barbara P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the Courtyard Orlando Airport. I am also very disappointed by the lack of empathy that our associates displayed when they could not provide the room type that you had reserved. This is certainly not the kind of service that we strive to provide. I do apologize! I see that some retraining is in order. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

It was a last-minute booking and was a VERY affordable hotel. Though the lobby has been redone, it did feel just a touch dated in some aspects. I stayed two nights and took the shuttle to the airport in the morning which was incredibly convenient, though get to the lobby early, as it was very busy in the early morning.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelingProducer
Barbara P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for your kind review of the Courtyard Orlando Airport hotel. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel claen and comfortable. Thank you also for the tip to other travellers about being in the lobby early for the airport shuttle, it certainly can get very busy. We hope to see you in the future if your travels include Orlando airport area.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The building is older, but this property has been renovated recently. The room was clean and I had no problems with my stay. This hotel is convenient to the airport and also has many restaurants nearby. If you are looking for a hotel that is close to the airport or in this area in general, you can't go wrong with this property.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank dawgpilot
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed here only for one night. Had a flight out the next morning. At checkin I was greeted by a nice young lady, this was on April 18th around 5pm, I do not remeber her name. She is much friendlier than the older gentleman that works beside her.
Anyway, The hotel is clean and has been updated. The lobby has been updated to the newer version of Courtyards. This is still an older type Courtyard, via the layout, but the remodel has made a great difference.
The room was clean and the bed was comfy. The bathroom could us a bit of updating. But it still was sufficiant for my stay. And clean!
Breakfast was good as well. The egg white sandwich on a whole grain english muffins was good enough to get me through my flight.

All in all I totally recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: choose a room overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo