“Good location for early morning flights”

Courtyard Orlando Airport
Ranked #220 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Melbourne, Florida
“Good location for early morning flights”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is hotel is the classic Courtyard layout with a central courtyard and rooms around the edges.  The hotel includes an outside pool in the central courtyard, and an indoor whirlpool room.

At this time the hotel is in progress of renovation with the lobby area already completed to the new Courtyard style which includes a bistro area open various times throughout the day.  Despite the ongoing renovations I only heard constructions sounds at one time, which was in the mid-afternoon.

Checkin was straightforward with no problems, as was checkout.   The location is directly north of the Orlando International Airport (MCO).  Despite the location no air traffic could be heard inside the hotel, not even in the courtyard area by the pool.  (The day I was there the aircraft were landing and taking off from north to south)

I had one complaint about the cleanliness of the bathroom, which I notified the hotel staff about.  They assured me it would be dealt with.

I only stayed for one night, as I was leaving very early the next morning from the airport.  There hotel has coffee available starting at 4am which is perfect for early morning travelers.

Over all this is a fine location to stay at, and during construction there are likely to be cheaper rooms.

When renovations are completed, this will be a great stay for vacations and those who want a night close to the airport prior to early morning flights. I will certainly be willing to stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Clayton K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Mid Florida, Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Short time here but a wonderful team at the Bistro. Jaimie and the team provide excellent service.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Brett321
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed for 1 night before we left on a Carnival Cruise and customer service was friendly, clean rooms, we liked this hotel and we would stay their again. The lobby area is very nice and outdoor coutyard is very green. The outdoor pool is nice and big.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank 64mick64
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed here the night before returning home from our Disney vacation. The hotel is a bit old and I think they are in the process of doing renovations (the lobby was all re-done and new, but the rooms were not).

The lobby does offer a little snack shop corner, computers/flight check in, lots of open seating and a Starbucks/bistro.

The rooms are average.

The hotel does offer a free airport shuttle that runs every half hour. I recommend calling to let the hotel know you are needing a shuttle so they know to look for you when being picked up from the airport/calling the front desk for confirmation of when and where to meet the shuttle to the airport.

The staff were friendly and kind, however, our reservation request for a ground level floor was not honored, nor was anyone available to help us with our baggage (or even to get the luggage cart for us) on Memorial Day weekend. Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal, however, when traveling from Disney (where our luggage was handled for us) as a family with a young child and a lot of luggage, we would've preferred not have to walk all the way through the hotel to get to the elevator to get upstairs, to get down the hall, to get to our room. My suggestion: Call the day of your reservation to make sure that your requests are going to be honored.

Room Tip: Stay here if you find a good rate and need a free airport shuttle. Request a ground level room and t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank blsl
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Recently stayed here at this Courtyard because I had an early morning flight from the Orlando Airport. The lobby has definitely been remodeled with a nice bistro along with bright modern furnishings. But that's it.
The hallways and rooms are in need of renovation. Although my room was clean, you can definitely tell it was pretty worn out.
The bed was pretty comfortable and there was a small flat screen tv.
The staff was pretty good (Jamie from the bistro was great!), with the exception of a male staff member in the morning.
The general manager was walking around the property in the morning greeting guests which I thought was great!

Overall I thought the hotel was pretty adequate and would recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank JM11traveler
Barbara P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you for posting your review of the Courtyard Orlando Airport on Trip Advisor recently. I am glad that you enjoyed our new lobby and Bisto. I will pass along the acdolates to Jamie, she is an outstanding associate. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the age of the rest of the hotel, but I am pleased to inform you that our rooms and hallway renovation will begin June 15, 2012. We are very excited about bringing the rest of the hotel to the level of the lobby. I hope you will have a chance to experience it in the near future.
Miami
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Courtyard Orlando Airport was a pleasant surprise. Considering that I don't expect much from mid-range airport motels, this one is above average. I'm not saying it's not pricey, but it is a decent value for the Orlando airport area. Although the motel is dated, my room was clean and odor free. It had a small refrigerator. It was quiet. Better yet, the lobby had a small cafe/bar where I was able to pick up a bite to eat and a Margarita. It has breakfast food as well. The lobby offered complimentary internet access, USA Today and the Wall Street Journal. Supposedly my room had free internet, but I didn't try it. There is a nice patio in the courtyard with a few small tables.The staff was quite friendly, including when I left my 'key' in the room. TGI Friday, Bonefish Grill and a chain steakhouse were only a couple minutes walk. This was my second stay there and the quality was consistent with the first . If I had any suggestion, it would be to add a more obvious sign.

Room Tip: The floors are long so get a room near an entrance.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Leeds, UK
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We arrived in Orlando late afternoon and needed a place for one night before heading off to see other parts of Florida. This hotel was perfect, near the airport, clean and comfortable. What made it worth reviewing is the staff. Check in was fast and friendly, and we were made to feel very welcome by all.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family