“Not bad”

Courtyard Orlando Airport
Ranked #233 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Recently stayed here at this Courtyard because I had an early morning flight from the Orlando Airport. The lobby has definitely been remodeled with a nice bistro along with bright modern furnishings. But that's it.
The hallways and rooms are in need of renovation. Although my room was clean, you can definitely tell it was pretty worn out.
The bed was pretty comfortable and there was a small flat screen tv.
The staff was pretty good (Jamie from the bistro was great!), with the exception of a male staff member in the morning.
The general manager was walking around the property in the morning greeting guests which I thought was great!

Overall I thought the hotel was pretty adequate and would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank JM11traveler
Barbara P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thank you for posting your review of the Courtyard Orlando Airport on Trip Advisor recently. I am glad that you enjoyed our new lobby and Bisto. I will pass along the acdolates to Jamie, she is an outstanding associate. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the age of the rest of the hotel, but I am pleased to inform you that our rooms and hallway renovation will begin June 15, 2012. We are very excited about bringing the rest of the hotel to the level of the lobby. I hope you will have a chance to experience it in the near future.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Courtyard Orlando Airport was a pleasant surprise. Considering that I don't expect much from mid-range airport motels, this one is above average. I'm not saying it's not pricey, but it is a decent value for the Orlando airport area. Although the motel is dated, my room was clean and odor free. It had a small refrigerator. It was quiet. Better yet, the lobby had a small cafe/bar where I was able to pick up a bite to eat and a Margarita. It has breakfast food as well. The lobby offered complimentary internet access, USA Today and the Wall Street Journal. Supposedly my room had free internet, but I didn't try it. There is a nice patio in the courtyard with a few small tables.The staff was quite friendly, including when I left my 'key' in the room. TGI Friday, Bonefish Grill and a chain steakhouse were only a couple minutes walk. This was my second stay there and the quality was consistent with the first . If I had any suggestion, it would be to add a more obvious sign.

Room Tip: The floors are long so get a room near an entrance.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We arrived in Orlando late afternoon and needed a place for one night before heading off to see other parts of Florida. This hotel was perfect, near the airport, clean and comfortable. What made it worth reviewing is the staff. Check in was fast and friendly, and we were made to feel very welcome by all.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I traveled to Orlando for a 4-night business trip, and stayed at the Courtyard Orlando Airport. All in all, it was a very solid hotel. The neighborhood was nice and safe, check-in was easy, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The desk clerk who checked me in even walked around the counter to discreetly give me my room number, give me directions to the elevator, and welcome me to the hotel. Very nice touch. My room was simple, but nice and clean and comfortable. The a/c worked perfectly, which isn't always the case with many hotels. The shower worked well, but it had the most horrendous screaching noise that it sounded like the entire hotel complex was going to explode. It was that loud. The sink area (separate from the bathroom) was a tad cramped. The breakfast wasn't complimentary, and was honestly just mediocre. In fact, the free coffee around the corner from the lobby/breakfast area was better than the "Starbucks" brand coffee I paid for on the first morning. The swimming pool area was nice, and the water felt great. There was a Longhorn steakhouse a hundred yards away, and it was fantastic. The front desk staff asked to see our keys when we walked in at night, which I appreciated. All in all, a very solid hotel experience.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the parking lot and a retail golf store, but my co-workers had inside rooms with...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David H
Reviewed April 1, 2012

The Courtyard Orlando Airport is a standard cookie cutter courtyard. The type where you stayed in one you have stayed in them all. The biggest difference I found was the helpfulness of the staff and how clean the property was. This was the beginning of a cruise vacation for me and I only stayed one night. The staff helped me with everything I needed including securing a discounted ride to the cruise terminal some 40 miles away. Room was exceedingly clean. The only negative is that their shuttle wouldnt take us to the downtown area. If I am ever in the orlando airport again I would certainly stay here

Room Tip: request a room facing the courtyard
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2012

This Courtyard Marriott is just like the others, which is a good thing: Courtyard is consistent in its cleanliness, efficiency, and easy attitude. The front desk was very helpful, with a quick check-in and also a great offer to get or do anything needed by a simple call to the front desk. Parking on the grounds is free, which is great for an airport hotel. Many restaurants around the location, including many of the large chain restaurants. VERY convenient access to and from the Airport. Overall, a nice Airport stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you know which exit to get off before you travel or you may be detoured for quite awhile...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Our family of four stayed here in anticipation of an early morning flight the next day. We were very pleasantly surprised. This hotel is definitely geared for business travelers and those "traveling through," and does not disappoint.

- The facility has been completely renovated and is spotless.
- The rooms are spacious and clean
- The mattresses are heavenly.
- There is a wonderful little "bistro" on site that serves meals, snacks and alcoholic drinks.
- The lounge is big, comfy, sectioned in several areas, and has a large screen TV - a perfect place to unwind or do work. It was more comfy than my living room at home!
- The hotel is extremely convenient to the airport (2 minute drive).
- There are many restaurants nearby including a TGI Fridays and a Bonefish Grill.
- There is a modest pool and hot tub - not a resort hotel, but perfect for a quick dip after a long travel day.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family