“Just adequate”

Ranked #52 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Just adequate”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This Hampton property is not on par with others. Facilities are old and worn, though it does have everything you need. We only stayed one night, so it was ok. But if you're staying in this area for any length of time, you might as well pay $5 more and stay across the street at the other Hampton Inn location which appears newer and nicer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Sally B,

Your effort and time sharing your comments surrounding your recent experience at out hotel is most appreciated and something we take very seriously. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your visit.

The Hampton Inn Orlando Airport will be undergoing a refreshment of our guest rooms which includes new paint, carpet, mirrors, and artwork. The next phase will continue with all new furniture and drapery in the rooms which is scheduled to be complete by October. As well we are doing a renovation for the lobby,. Once our refreshment is complete you will find a new fresh product that will exceed your expectations.

Here at the Hampton Inn Orlando Airport we value your patronage. Again, we extend our sincere apologies and hope that in the near future you will once again allow us the opportunity to serve you and so that you may see the improvement to our product for your enjoyment.

Debra Thompson-French

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Korean first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed at this hotel recently after coming in on a late flight before driving to the coast to go on a cruise the next day. To be fair I didn't arrive at the hotel until midnight and left the next morning before 9 a.m. so I didn't experience the hotel for an extended amount of time. The room itself was pretty standard for a Hampton Inn however the shower was very small. I think whoever installed the shower curtain really messed this one up causing the cramped feeling in the shower. We went down for breakfast in the morning and had biscuits and gray, home fries and eggs. They also had all of the normal breakfast foods; bread, beagles, oatmeal, cereal, ect.
From the limited contact we had with the staff they did seem very professional and friendly.

Room Tip: Very close to the airport if you know where your going.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DEW5245,

California
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I generally like Hampton Inns, because you almost always get a clean room, clean sheets, a good firm bed, and friendly, professional service at the front desk at a decent price. That said, I was a bit disappointed in this particular Hampton Inn. It is showing its age a bit, and I had two problems with the hotel and my stay. First, the bathroom was surprisingly poorly designed. If you are in the bathroom and want to open or close the door, you have to back up so that you are actually standing by the side of the toilet, squished up against it. Hopefully that toilet is clean but who likes to take a shower, have little room to dry off, and then have to rub his/her legs against the toilet just to get out of the bathroom. A very tight squeeze and unlike other Hampton Inns. Second, I have always wished that I could bring my dogs to a Hampton Inn, but they have a strict no-pets policy. However, from the minute I checked into my room until the next morning when I checked out, a small dog across the hall was yapping continuously. I called the front desk to complain about this at midnight, and no one answered. I thankfully had earplugs and put those in, but the next morning the little yapper was still going strong. I called the front desk, and they said that they would take care of the problem. I noticed a staff member patrolling the hall a few minutes later, but she did not take the initiative to solve the problem. I was going to relax in my room in the morning but decided to leave and go to the airport instead, because of the constant yapping. The hotel housekeepers must have known which room that the dog was in, so I was mystified why the management would allow the dog to continue yapping.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on the lower level since elevators can be slow
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Norb W,

In reference to your experiences with our pet policy, the animal in question was a service animal which we gladly accept.

Debra Thomspon-French
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I snagged a great deal for this hotel on Hotwire, as I was catching an early flight out of MCO the next day. The rooms were very clean, the bedding was delightfully fresh, and the staff for check in and check out were friendly. Location is close to lots of places to eat, and is a 5 minute drive to the Airport (if that!). Thanks for a great stay, Hampton Inn!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear SucreBleu,

Thank you very much for your kudos about our property! Your kind words are greatly appreciated! Our staff loves interacting with our guests and providing outstanding "Hamptonality" to each and every guest! We take great pride in the cleanliness and upkeep of our entire property inside and outside. We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

This Hampton Inn is minutes away from the Orlando International Airport making it convenient for late/early travel. I had a very late check-in due to travel delays. I was tired and just needed sleep. The front desk attendant was very pleasant and patient. He was efficient and professional. The room was extremely clean and had many small perks that added up: mini frig, hair dryer, etc. the bed was bouncy but so comfortable. My only complaint was that the door to the bathroom was huge but the room itself small. Made getting in/out of the bathroom and closing the door difficult. But, that is such a minor inconvenience. Very clean!!! I got in too late and left too early to eat breakfast or use any other amenity. Great TV! Lots of channels and excellent reception!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Jamx2,

Best regards

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Enjoyed the stay here! Was very pleased! We always try to stay at Hampton Inns and this was a great place. Was here to enjoy a family wedding and all worked out great! Had alot of places near to visit or check out. Places not far for shopping as well if needed. Can't beat all this...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for sharing your experience about your stay with us. The greatest joy that our staff experiences is when their labor brings forth satisfied and happy guests, such as yourself.

Your comment brought forth many smiles to many faces.

Please visit us again, and if I may be of assistance, do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards and best wishes on behalf of the entire staff.

Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The staff is top notch with information, but if you don't rent a car, have a friend with a car, or know someone who is renting a car, there really is no where to go, but to your hotel room. The breakfast bar is limited and the shuttle driver may take you to a store or restaurant as long as it is 1 mile away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Jorge R,

Please accept my apology for the problems you had with your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn, Orlando Airport. We certainly did not deliver the guest experience you would expect from Hilton.

Our mission is to "Impress the Guest" and in your case, we fail to do that. I have used your concerns to impress upon the staff, the importance of providing our guests with outstanding service and accommodations.

I appreciate your informing us about what happened. We want to offer the best experience possible, and feedback, from our guests help us to accomplish that. Thanks again for your comments and your understanding. I hope you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate the quality and service we are capable of providing.

Debra Thompson – French