“A blemish on the Hampton Inn brand”

Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport
Ranked #48 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn one night prior to our Disney cruise. As our friends were arriving late in the evening we decided to book a hotel close to the airport. We stay Hilton when we travel and especially love the Hampton Inns. This may change after our stay at this particular location.

This location is in dire need of remodelling. The rooms are outdated, damaged, smell and just plain dirty! If this was your first introduction to a Hampton Inn, you would have a very bad opinion of the entire brand. We will not stay here again and would advise others to look elsewhere. For the price, the Embassy Suites around the corner would have been a better choice.

I will say the staff were top notch and are only working with what they have been provided.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ChadHFX
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear ChadHFX,

Your effort and time sharing your comments surrounding your recent experience at out hotel is most appreciated and something we take very seriously. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your visit.

The Hampton Inn Orlando Airport will be undergoing a refreshment of our guest rooms which includes new paint, carpet, mirrors, and artwork. The next phase will continue with all new furniture and drapery in the rooms which is scheduled to be complete by next year. As well we are doing a renovation for the lobby,. Once our refreshment is complete you will find a new fresh product that will exceed your expectations.

Here at the Hampton Inn Orlando Airport we value your patronage. Again, we extend our sincere apologies and hope that in the near future you will once again allow us the opportunity to serve you and so that you may see the improvement to our product for your enjoyment.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I recently made two trips to Disney and stayed here the night I flew in and the night before I flew out. It is so convenient when you get in late and leave early. I happened to start a conversation with the general manager and she was so wonderful! She made sure when we came back the night before our early flight we were welcomed like old friends! I like this place also because it is one of the few places I can actually smoke in a hotel room! Wow! I know to many of you this will be a turn-off, but to us smokers...it is amazing! The pool was nice, but kinda cold, and unfortunately there is no hot tub. That really didn't matter though because we weren't making it a vacation destination, just a great place close to the airport so we could sleep a little longer.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

I would like to thank you for your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn Orlando Airport. Trip Advisor, has forwarded me your review and I am pleased to see you had a wonderful experience. Here at Hampton we are always looking for ways to impress our guests. If there are any suggestions or comments about our hotel or your stay, please email me directly at mcoap_hampton@hilton.com or contact me at 407-888-2024.

Thank you once again and we hope we will see you again soon should your travels bring you back to the Orlando area.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed here as part of a bridal party for an out of state wedding. We got in late and my husband was still out with the groomsmen when I checked in. After showering I noticed I couldn't get the AC to kick on. While I wasn't uncomfortable (68 degrees), my hubby is very warm blooded and I knew he wouldn't be comfy. When he got to the room we called to have them walk us through how to make it work since it was a wall unit controlled by a thermostat. Well we couldn't figure it out after the front desk guys instruction so he said he was going to move us since maintenance was gone for the day (it was midnight). The guy came to the room with our new room keys, offered to get us a cart and told us since it was so late and the AC wasn't turning on that we wouldn't be charged. Our new room was just fine and the AC was on in a minute. We were very pleased from the start with this hotel and its staff/management but their drive to keep customers happy is by far the reason I'm writing this review!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Lpowell3rd
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Lpowell3rd,

Thank you for the kind words you said about our team members. Your thoughts are important to us, but we're especially pleased when the feedback is positive. I must concur, that it is rare to find high standards of genuineness and reliability in the today’s business world. We certainly are proud to have them on our team.

We try hard to provide the best possible experience to our customers and their satisfaction is our reward. The more satisfied customers we have, the more our business will thrive.

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide such positive feedback. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Regards,

Debra Thompson - French
Hampton Inn Orlando Airport

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We are always happy with our stays at Hampton Inn Hotels. They are very clean, staff is very friendly and helpful and breakfast is more than expected. We will always look for Hampton Inns when we travel because we know we can count on them to deliver the quality that we want.

1  Thank chalpm
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Last week my boyfriend and I visited Orlando for a day after a great cruise, and we decided to stay at this hotel, unfortunately we were having a great time but when we wanted to rest, as soon as we laid in our "extra clean bed" we found a cockroach on the bed, under the sheets!!!!!!! This is unacceptable!!!!!!! people from the hotel were "nice" but they just moved us to another room and gave us a littlte bag with some popcorn and water. We were really dissapointed!

1  Thank AGNmexico
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the frustration you experienced during your stay.

A clean room that has been prepared for our guests is basic for a good stay. As well a good stay begins and ends with an efficient and pleasant front desk procedure that provides the accommodations and service you expect. I am sorry if this was not what you experienced.

We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. It is extremely important for us to count with our valuable Guests with any feedback, comment or even a complaint before they leave our hotel so we can immediately take action and resolve the situation to our Guest Satisfaction. Our procedure is to "Immediately" contact our Pest Control Company in order to control, prevent and eliminate any possible infestation. You can be confident that I am following-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

At this point I would like to ask you to please contact me directly at the hotel so we can properly address this situation with a resolution to your satisfaction.

Once again, please accept my apologies and I look forward to hear from you.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We recently spent the night at the Airport Hampton Inn in Orlando. The bed in our room was the most incredibly comfortable bed we have everr slept in. The room was very pleasant, clean and noise free. We were very pleased with the service. We make this trip once or twice a year and I will always stay at this hotel. It can't be beat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank krogskamp
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Nice location, close to airport, dropped car off night before and was able to catch early flight, hotel shuttle both ways. ------these words or simply to fulfill the silly TripAdvisor requirement for reviews to be 200 words------

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012