“Great Customer Service”

Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport
Ranked #47 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a very nice hotel.Had a great time at this Hampton, the staff were very friendly at this location. The ladies were very helpful, especially during the breakfast hours. One young lady even offered her services and fixed my sons plate so that I could continue enjoying my meal. The only thing is at the front desk (on check-in and check-out) the front desk guy Ramon needs to be more assertive and show that he is even trying to be more helpful, when you ask him a question. Everyone else was very professional.

Room Tip: Have a GPS to dodge tolls.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

On the issue at hand, while anyone can err, I will tell you that much attention is given to our employee selection, on-going training, and monitoring individual as well as team performance. Also, when there is a service failure, it is taken seriously as it affords opportunities to improve. Please know that this issue has been addressed.

Here at Hampton we are always looking for ways to impress our guests. If there are any additional suggestions or comments about our hotel or your stay, please email me directly at mcoap_hampton@hilton.com or contact me at 407-888-2024.

Thank you once again and we hope we will see you again soon should your travels bring you back to the Orlando area.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I had been to Orlando 4 times this past year for business - the first two times I stayed at the Hampton Inn and loved it -friendly and knowledgeable staff, generous breakfast, incredibly comfortable beds, fresh-baked cookies in the evening! I was very happy with everything.

The 3rd and 4th time I decided to stay elsewhere in order to save money - BIG mistake. No other hotel near my meeting site came close to the Hampton's professional and courteous staff, cleanliness, and ease of check-in / check-out.

When I was sent to Orlando again - trip 5 - I decided to stay at the Hampton, crossing my fingers that it would be as good as I remembered. Verdict: It was even better! Upon arrival, the front desk staff remembered me from my trips a few months earlier and greeted me by name! The beds were even more comfortable than I remembered and the internet service was fast and reliable.

I need to come to Orlando one more time in 2012 and there is no place I would rather stay ...my new home away from home. Thank you to the whole staff at the Hampton Inn at the Orlando International Airport!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Karen G

I would like to thank you for your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn Orlando Airport. Trip Advisor, has forwarded me your review and I am pleased to see you had a wonderful experience. Here at Hampton we are always looking for ways to impress our guests. If there are any suggestions or comments about our hotel or your stay, please email me directly at mcoap_hampton@hilton.com or contact me at 407-888-2024.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

First of all i would like thank Ramon the front desk that checked us in! Originally when we made the reservation only smoking room available but when we got there Ramon gave us a non smoking room. Ramon was a great and friendly front desk! All the staff are friendly, Francisco the front desk manager and Sandra the breakfast attendant, they're all professional. Nice hotel, clean room and of course great breakfast! I

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

I would like to thank you for your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn Orlando Airport. Trip Advisor, has forwarded me your review and I am pleased to see you had a wonderful experience. Thank you for the kind words you said about our team members. Your thoughts are important to us, but we're especially pleased when the feedback is positive. I must concur, that it is rare to find high standards of genuineness and reliability in the today’s business world. We certainly are proud to have Ramone, Francisco, and Sandra on our team.

We try hard to provide the best possible experience to our customers and their satisfaction is our reward. The more satisfied customers we have, the more our business will thrive.

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide such positive feedback. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Regards,

Debra Thompson - French

Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is an excellent property, convenient to the Airport and all other attractions in Orlando. The price was right, the room clean and appropriately furnished for a family of 4. The continental breakfast was just okay, but not anything special.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Attentive staff, small but nice pool. Ordinary hotel breakfast but overcrowded close to 10 on welends. Only problem was some of the TV channels thst did not work properly. Close to restaurants for lunch/dinner. Priceworthy.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This hotel had a hard act to follow. We stayed at the Floridays Resort for the first part of our trip and then got on a cruise boat for four nights. We stayed two nights here for 2 nights before returning home. It was a good experience, with only a couple of very minor glitches.

First of all it is conveniently located with a convenience store and several restaurants close by (walking distance basically across the street). We enjoyed eating at Tony Roma's - at home ours closed a couple of years ago. We looked in the hotel book in our room and checked out menus one night and decided to order from the Chinese restaurant, but found that the one closest to the hotel is not the same one. We got tastey food anyway, just be aware that the menu selections aren't from this restaurant (never figured out where the menu came from).

The hotel was clean, our rooms(we had 2 for our party of 5) were ready when we arrived and we had a relaxing afternoon before delivering our oldest son to the airport via the free shuttle provided by the hotel. We used the laundry to do one load of essentials (some of us are still learning about packing). Some time during the afternoon or evening the phone service experienced a failure and we were not able to use the phone to call our teenagers in their room. We were lucky to have our cell phones available to substitute. I would imagine that the problem has since been corrected.

Another problem was the TV service. This particular issue was outside of the hotel's control. Dish network was still in negotiations with Viacom for their channels and we had no HBO, etc. A minor annoyance, but I am sure that others noticed too. I think that that has also been resolved since our stay.

The hotel provides a continental breakfast. It was pretty typical fair as those go. Still the staff was friendly and it is always a nice touch.

We visited Seaworld on our last day in Orlando. We had to take a cab from the hotel to the park. Our cab driver was friendly and entertaining and his cab was a cadillac, so we were very comfortable. The hotel doesn't provide any transportation to the parks. Our round trip (with the same driver both ways) was $72. So I can't recommend this hotel as a base if you are staying and visiting the parks, but we chose it for it's proximity to the airport and the shuttle.

Our departing flight left at about 7:30 a.m. and the airport shuttle driver delivered us in plenty of time. We checked in on line at the hotel prior to going to the airport (I recommend doing it the night before). You should let the front desk at the hotel know the night before about your shuttle needs and they will make sure it happens.

The sign...actually this is strictly anecdotal and in no way reflects upon the service we received. I will just say after dark when the sign on the front of the hotel lights up, go across the street and take a good look. Parts of the sign are dark - for whatever reason...half of the H is dark and the t. The rather unfortunate result is it resembles a word for a personal product...I will leave the rest to your imagination. We did point it out to the staff who told us they are scheduled for renovations and didn't know if it would get fixed before that - in the mean time...it's kind of funny.

Room Tip: We had a nice room on the front of the building and our kids had one on the pool side. No complaint...
1  Thank GraceH509

I would like to thank you for your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn Orlando Airport. Trip Advisor, has forwarded me your review and I am pleased to see you had a wonderful experience. Here at Hampton we are always looking for ways to impress our guests. On a side note the sign :-) has been fixed is now correctly scripted. If there are any suggestions or comments about our hotel or your stay, please email me directly at mcoap_hampton@hilton.com or contact me at 407-888-2024.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband and I had a 6 1/2 flight delay and US Airwas put us up here. Indy is a beautiful lady that was working the front desk. Just the welcome received took some of the stress off. She arranged for the shuttle driver to take us to Walgreens for incidentals, gave us dinner choices, and just other comfort strategies. The room is clean and comfortable and just as nice as the Doubletree that we stayed at this week. I don't mind the delay at all because of my stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MissEileen
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012