“Second time staying at this hotel on the way to Port Canaveral.”

Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport
Ranked #48 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is the second year in a row that we have stayed for one night at this Hampton Inn - it served as our stop-over on the way to our cruise at Port Canaveral. The free shuttle service is the most attractive perk for us. They are quick to pick you up at the airport when you call them and have a variety of times available for guests to go back to the airport as well.

Our room this year seemed a little more worn that our room from the previous year - paint chipped off the walls, chunks of wood missing from the furniture, etc... but nothing that would discourage me from staying here again.

The hotel is within walking distance of several restaurants and a small convenience store if you forgot anything. Very easy to find what you need if you don't have a car.

The staff was friendly and offered us a voucher for some free goodies in their on-site store due to a small mix-up with the shuttle stop upon our arrival at the airport.

I would recommend this hotel for any travelers looking for a stay near the airport in Orlando. It is a good value and you get a lot for your money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Vortex1987JMK
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

I would like to thank you for your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn Orlando Airport. Trip Advisor, has forwarded me your review and I am pleased to see you had a wonderful experience. Here at Hampton we are always looking for ways to impress our guests. If there are any suggestions or comments about our hotel or your stay, please email me directly at mcoap_hampton@hilton.com or contact me at 407-888-2024.

Thank you once again and we hope we will see you again soon should your travels bring you back to the Orlando area.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport

Reviewed June 12, 2012

This hotel was spotless and great for families. It has all that you might need or want and is a reasonable distance from anything you would want or need. A great stay and a great breakfast to boot.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Reviewed June 9, 2012

This hotel was close to the airport and within walking distance of several restaurants. We found it to be quiet as it is off the main road. It is clean and well maintained with a friendly helpful staff and comfortable beds. It also has a shuttle service which is handy if you don't have a rental or have turned it in because of an early flight. Will be staying here again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank DonaldaKM
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Had to take some relatives to the Orlando airport and needed a place to stay for a night. I found the Hampton Inn Orlando Airport hotel to be amongst the cheapest and closest to the airport. For dinner, I didn't even have to drive as the resturants were located right across the street. I had a choice of Chinese, Sunny's Bar-b-que, Tony Romas, and a few others. This was a great hotel to stay at as the room was very nice, hotel very close to the airport, and restuarants right next door. I almost forgot to say that there was free breakfast and the staff was very friendly...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rick I

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Location is everything when traveling and the Hampton In is right outside OIA. They also participate in a sleep & fly program allowing guests to leave there car parked at the hotel for a week while on a trip. The convience is excellant. We had a reservation and on check-in the desk clerk asked us what time we needed to be picked up to make our flight. Our room was a standard king very clean and comfortable. This hotel is right outside the airport yet our room was surprisingly quiet. Enjoyable relaxing way to insure you are well rested before an early morning flight.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Almar62
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed here after moving out of another hotel the night before so that I could get closer to where my meetings were being held.

They were pretty full, and so I was put into an accessible room with a king bed. This room had a regular shower and bath but with a lot of grab bars. The elevators were right behind my room, and the noise wasn't so noticable in the room, but seemed amplified in the cavernous bathroom.

There were many cracks from the installation of the grab bars into the thin stone shower walls. Some were caulked over, others were not. Was really just a job done extremely poorly.

The room was great and the bed was comfortable. The AC didn't ever seem to get really cold, but I wasn't uncomfortable. I was really upset by the TV in the room. It completely escapes me why hotels around the country are putting in nice HD TVs but won't feed them HD signals. Even the much cheaper hotel I stayed at the night before had phenomenal HD signals. Nice TV, poor reception. In fact, the reception to the hotel was so bad that in the lobby, the TV kept cutting off during news reports.

Breakfast was fine. Nice hot waffles. Lots of other goodies including pastries and juices.

I check out before I ate and when I sat down the front desk clerk told me I hadn't paid. What? I was on a cash basis and paid before I ever got a room key. She later confirmed that and told me I was good to go and apoligized, but Com'on!

Overall, not a bad place to stay. If you want convenience to the hotel or to some of the other local hotel convention centers, this isn't a bad option. It is also located near Lynx bus lines 42 and 20.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Please accept my apology for the problems you had with your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn, Orlando Airport. We certainly did not deliver the service and quality you would expect from Hilton.

Our mission is to "Impress the Guest" and in your case, we fail to do that. I have used your concerns to impress upon the staff, the importance of providing our guests with outstanding service and accommodations.

I appreciate your informing us about what happened. We want to offer the best experience possible, and feedback, from our guests help us to accomplish that. Thanks again for your comments and your understanding. I hope you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate the quality and service we are capable of providing.

Debra Thompson – French

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Convenient to restaurants, clean, quiet and quick trip to airport. Just make sure you set an alarm, my wake up call never came.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

I would like to thank you for your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn Orlando Airport. Trip Advisor, has forwarded me your review and I am pleased to see you had a wonderful experience. I have forwarded your wake up call experience to the Front Office Manager, our sincerest apologies..