“Great Clean Elegant Hotel”

Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport
Ranked #53 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Rainbow City, Alabama, United States
“Great Clean Elegant Hotel”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This hotel was spotless and great for families. It has all that you might need or want and is a reasonable distance from anything you would want or need. A great stay and a great breakfast to boot.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
I would like to thank you for your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn Orlando Airport. Trip Advisor, has forwarded me your review and I am pleased to see you had a wonderful experience. Here at Hampton we are always looking for ways to impress our guests. If there are any suggestions or comments about our hotel or your stay, please email me directly at mcoap_hampton@hilton.com or contact me at 407-888-2024.

Thank you once again and we hope we will see you again soon should your travels bring you back to the Orlando area.

Debra Thompson-French

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Korean first
NB
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This hotel was close to the airport and within walking distance of several restaurants. We found it to be quiet as it is off the main road. It is clean and well maintained with a friendly helpful staff and comfortable beds. It also has a shuttle service which is handy if you don't have a rental or have turned it in because of an early flight. Will be staying here again for sure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DonaldaKM
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2012

Evans, Georgia
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Had to take some relatives to the Orlando airport and needed a place to stay for a night. I found the Hampton Inn Orlando Airport hotel to be amongst the cheapest and closest to the airport. For dinner, I didn't even have to drive as the resturants were located right across the street. I had a choice of Chinese, Sunny's Bar-b-que, Tony Romas, and a few others. This was a great hotel to stay at as the room was very nice, hotel very close to the airport, and restuarants right next door. I almost forgot to say that there was free breakfast and the staff was very friendly...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rick I

Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Location is everything when traveling and the Hampton In is right outside OIA. They also participate in a sleep & fly program allowing guests to leave there car parked at the hotel for a week while on a trip. The convience is excellant. We had a reservation and on check-in the desk clerk asked us what time we needed to be picked up to make our flight. Our room was a standard king very clean and comfortable. This hotel is right outside the airport yet our room was surprisingly quiet. Enjoyable relaxing way to insure you are well rested before an early morning flight.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Almar62
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2012

Richmond Hill, Georgia
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed here after moving out of another hotel the night before so that I could get closer to where my meetings were being held.

They were pretty full, and so I was put into an accessible room with a king bed. This room had a regular shower and bath but with a lot of grab bars. The elevators were right behind my room, and the noise wasn't so noticable in the room, but seemed amplified in the cavernous bathroom.

There were many cracks from the installation of the grab bars into the thin stone shower walls. Some were caulked over, others were not. Was really just a job done extremely poorly.

The room was great and the bed was comfortable. The AC didn't ever seem to get really cold, but I wasn't uncomfortable. I was really upset by the TV in the room. It completely escapes me why hotels around the country are putting in nice HD TVs but won't feed them HD signals. Even the much cheaper hotel I stayed at the night before had phenomenal HD signals. Nice TV, poor reception. In fact, the reception to the hotel was so bad that in the lobby, the TV kept cutting off during news reports.

Breakfast was fine. Nice hot waffles. Lots of other goodies including pastries and juices.

I check out before I ate and when I sat down the front desk clerk told me I hadn't paid. What? I was on a cash basis and paid before I ever got a room key. She later confirmed that and told me I was good to go and apoligized, but Com'on!

Overall, not a bad place to stay. If you want convenience to the hotel or to some of the other local hotel convention centers, this isn't a bad option. It is also located near Lynx bus lines 42 and 20.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
HamptonGMOrlando, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Please accept my apology for the problems you had with your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn, Orlando Airport. We certainly did not deliver the service and quality you would expect from Hilton.

Our mission is to "Impress the Guest" and in your case, we fail to do that. I have used your concerns to impress upon the staff, the importance of providing our guests with outstanding service and accommodations.

I appreciate your informing us about what happened. We want to offer the best experience possible, and feedback, from our guests help us to accomplish that. Thanks again for your comments and your understanding. I hope you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate the quality and service we are capable of providing.

Debra Thompson – French
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Convenient to restaurants, clean, quiet and quick trip to airport. Just make sure you set an alarm, my wake up call never came.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn Orlando Airport. Trip Advisor, has forwarded me your review and I am pleased to see you had a wonderful experience. I have forwarded your wake up call experience to the Front Office Manager, our sincerest apologies..

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This Hotel was wonderful. The shuttle was really easy to catch from the airport, and was a super short ride. All of the staff was very nice. The hotel was extremely clean, and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud!!! The King-sized bed room was very roomy and a really affordable price. The pool was ok, it only went to 5 feet deep and wasn't the most attractive looking, but the good part is that it's open 24/7, makes for a nice midnight swim. The only real negative was the breakfast in the morning, my recommendation is to get to breakfast as early as you can because anytime after 9ish it's just a mess of people, and old stale food. They ran out of french toast sticks and getting to the waffle maker was nearly impossible, so I settled for cereal and a banana, but again, for a free breakfast, not too too awful. All in all i would definitely recommend this Hotel to a friend!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple