“Do Not Trust This Hotel With Your Credit Card”

Holiday Inn Orlando International Airport
Ranked #209 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Melbourne
“Do Not Trust This Hotel With Your Credit Card”
Reviewed January 2, 2009

I booked a room at this hotel Dec. 26 online and got the reservation immediately.

When I arrived at the hotel around 6 pm at Dec. 26 and I was requested a credit card for payment of the room. I drew the attention to the receptionist that I had already paid for the room online and he then assured me that the credit card was only if we made additional purchases during our stay at the hotel.

I got room no 329 and stayed for one night and left in the morning of Dec 27 in the firm believe that everything was all right.

That was until I got the transcript from my Visa credit card.

I could see that they had withdrawn $110.74 which I had expected but then I could see that they also had withdrawn $92.71 for a service that I never asked for and have never received.

• Liked — THE BEDS
  • Disliked — THE CREDIT CARD SCAM
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
HISOIA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2009
The guest's issue was resolved immediately after the holidays. A post was made inadvertantly during third shift and a credit was made back to the guest's credit card. With the credit, several emails were sent to the guest to apologize for the error and the inconvenience it caused.

A response was received from the guest that he had been satisfied with the accomodation and follow-through to his issue.

P. Favier C.H.A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Adelaide
Reviewed December 19, 2008

Staff were rude. we were directed onto the shuttle bus for the holiday inn express instead. They both leave from the same lane in Orlando airport. Holiday Inn Express were happy for their shuttle driver to take us to the select but it was 1.30am and he'd already left. The Select were not willing to collect us with their shuttle which was still running.
The room was outdated and worthy of 2 stars at best.
The rude and apathetic staff and ugly rooms combined are enough for me to recommend you stay somewhere else.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — rude staff who just don't care
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
HISOIA, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2009
On behalf of everyone at the hotel, I apologize for your all that you went through during your stay.

While our shuttle driver does leave at 1:30AM, our hotel guarantees a 24 hour shuttle service by reimbursing cab fares. Between the time of 1:30AM and 4:00AM, please let the manager on duty know that you'll be taking a cab to the hotel. The manager will, then, know to expect you and be happy to reimburse the fare.

All third shift staff was also notified of the review so that such behavior is not repeated. I understand that, after such a late arrival, a warm welcome makes a world of difference for our guests.

Please give us a call; a chance to show you that customer satisfaction is our top priority.

Thank you for your review.

HK Lee
Revenue Manager
Charleston
Reviewed September 16, 2008

Located on TG Lee Blvd in Orlando, by the Int'l Airport...

Went to hotel for a work event while working for Intercontinental Hotels Group. Met the staff and management.

While I was only able to stay one night, the hotel was very pleasant, very clean and inviting. The pool and exercise room were nicer than a lot of hotels I have been to, especially since this hotel is mostly for business and not primarily a pleasure hotel....

If I go back to Orlando Intl airport, I will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 27, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend from Fri-Sun. The property itself is great, especially for a Holiday Inn chain. We have stayed at Holiday Inn's before and have not been pleased; however this was for a work function so we didn't have a choice. We were pleasantly surprised and had no complaints whatsoever!

Check-In: Uneventful, staff was friendly.

Rooms: We were on the 6th floor of the hotel. We thought the room would be noisy since it's so close to the airport, but it was not noisy at all. We could see the planes landing and taking off in the distance, but the hotel is far enough away that you don't hear the engine noise. Our room had a great view of the airport/Orlando area. The rooms were very clean, bed was comfortable, bathrooms were clean and spacious, TV was nothing special but sufficient. No complaints here!

Pool: We didn't actually go into the pool, but it was large and also the area was very clean. They had menus and a phone outside where you could order food. No pool bar/restaurant, but if you wanted to order you could.

Bar Area: Nice, clean, good selections...right off of the lobby area. There is also a small shop where you can purchase drinks.

Restaurant: We didn't utilize, but the breakfast buffet looked good.

Wake-Up Call: On time and told us the weather for the day as well.

All in all, for the price, I would definitely recommend this hotel. We had no complaints. It's about 8 miles from Disney...about 8 miles from downtown Orlando. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

• Liked — Cleanliness, spacious rooms
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
California
Reviewed May 8, 2008

We booked a room through Priceline for one night after a cruise. We stayed for one night May 4, 2008. The lobby area is nice and seems to have been updated.

The problem was with our room - the first room had an old A/C unit that had been attached to a wall mounted thermostat. the compressor in the unit was very very loud and kept going off and on every 2 minutes. It did not matter if we set the temperature to 66, 68 or 70. There was no way I would be able to sleep with the noise.

We were given a second room where the AC was not attached to a thermostat but still functioned as an independent unit (the knobs on the unit still worked). The unit stayed on all night but it was not as noisy as the first room was. The bathtub wall had streaks where it looked as if it had been 'cleaned' with something that was dirty.

I am glad we spent only one night there. The shuttle service to the airport was on time and very handy.

• Liked — Free Internet
  • Disliked — Room was noisy and dirty.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
South Floorida
Reviewed February 2, 2008

Stayed one night.

Positives
- Clean & Comfortable
- Excellent Staff
- Nice breakfast but pay only
- Plenty of parking
- Several places to eat within walking distance and many more within close proximity
- Perhaps the best shuttle bus service I have seen

Negatives
- Slamming doors. Why can't the hotels figure out how to prevent room doors from making such a loud noise when they shut is beyond me. (Why neighbors can't quietly shut their doors is another issue.)

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Slamming Doors
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Breter
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2007

This hotel was a one night stopover for me and my family on route to Memphis from the UK.

The free shuttle was promt after we phoned from the airport and when we arrived at the hotel it was around 8.30 pm their were 2 desk staff on and we were in our clean large room by 8.35pm.

We didnt eat in the hotel.It seemed as if they only served bar food at that time of night and we had noticed a Dennys next door so we chose to eat there which was fine so we had breakfast there the next day aswell.There is also a TGI Fridays and a Hooters close to the hotel.

My wife and daughter were both exhausted so they went to bed while I had a couple of beers in the bar . It was fairly busy but only one bartender working ,she seemed freindly enough even though she never stopped in the hour or so I was there.

Me and my daughter had a walk around the hotel and surrounding area the next morning. The pool area seemed clean with a fitness room and spa. It also had a small shop in the lobby . The area itself seems set up for business meetings not for long family stays but was fine for a one night stop over.

• Liked — Free shuttle , clean large room
  • Disliked — not alot for young kids to do
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family