“Good for overnight at airport”

Holiday Inn Orlando International Airport
Ranked #203 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bellevue, Washington
“Good for overnight at airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Hotel is super convenient for a layover - only minutes from the airport. It is definitely older and could use some furniture updating, but it is clean with good beds. Good variety of restaurants nearby. We had a room overlooking the pool and it was surprisingly quiet.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HKLee2014, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for your review and we hope to host you in the near future with a bit of a makeover. Thank you for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Playa el Agua, Venezuela
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is the best hotel to stay at if you're looking to catch an early am flight or have a long layover by the Orlando airport. I used to stay at several of the top rated hotels just off-site (within 1 mile) but after staying here I'll always choose this Holiday Inn. The Hotel is as clean as they get extremely professional and helpful staff, beautiful rooms, and great value. They have a beautiful outdoor pool and classy bar/lounge. A friend of mine and I stayed for one night last weekend to catch their free shuttle to the airport the next morning and simply loved this Holiday Inn. All of the hotel staff I have encountered has been excellent, but I have to mention that the most outstanding person for me was Myrna. I believe she is a good access to this Hotel; people like her bring people back to the Hotel again. The Hotel may not be top notch, but what makes the difference for me is always the staff.There are several restaurants within walking distance as well. They're mostly chain restaurants (Hooters, Fridays, Sonny's, Denny's, Tony Roma's, and Chili's are really close). Is close to the Airport transportation every 30 minutes, friendly staff, great value what else can you ask for. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I sincerely appreciate your kind words in your feedback: I'll make sure to let Myrna know what a wonderful job she's doing. We strive to make our guests as comfortable as possible and we hope to see you on your future visits. Thanks again.
Sanjose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

I left behind some money in my room and Lourdes the house keeper was honest enough to give to management. Donna the accountant was excellent and prompt to fedex my money. Definetlely my favorite hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Jrzeledon
I'm happy that you were able to retrieve what was forgotten. Thank you for your great feedback and we hope to host your next trip.
Ancaster, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Picked this hotel because of there 24 hour airport shuttle and great parking rates. Room was great, bed was very comfortable. Front desk staff were very friendly. Lots of restaurants near by. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ace0ne
Thank you for staying with us and for your honest feedback. Your review lets other guests know how great we are!
Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Upon arriving at Orlando International Airport after a 25 hour flight from Dubai with an eight hour transit in Frankfurt, I had to wait outside for almost 2 hours for the shuttle to come pick me up. The booking conformation said that there is a shuttle every hour but it didn’t say that I had to call the shuttle service to come pick me up, which was a bummer especially after a long flight like that. So as soon as you have exited the terminal, call the 24/7 Transportation number 407-709-5310 and give your location / bay number. Or let them know on which Airline you arrived and the shuttle service will let you know where to go.

The beds were really comfortable and the room and the bathroom was clean and the daily housekeeping did a very good job too.

The Front Office staff is very friendly and very informative and helpful. They actually care about their guests and will go out of their way to help you out and make your stay a memorable, enjoyable and a stress free time.
They think outside the box to assist you and José was exceptional in giving me information of the surroundings and things to do while I’m there and took care of arranging transportation to where ever I needed to go.

Being an “All Work – No Play” trip, I still had some time to visit one of the Theme Parks and Jessenia suggested the best park to visit after I told her what kind of things I like and she was spot on.

When I plan my next trip, I’ll be staying over at The Holiday Inn simply because of the superior service I received from José & Jessenia.

So be on the look for José González & Jessenia Marrero at the Front Desk as they really know how to make a guest feel important and they know what they do and they do it with a passion !!!

Thank you guys for making a lasting impression !!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sajith W
I'm glad that our staff welcomed you and made your stay a memorable one: feedbacks such as yours really make hospitality worthwhile. Thank you very much for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
San Antonio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

This is a very comfortable hotel close to the airport. They have a free shuttle, which due to our very late arrival, we took their phone number and called. The arrived in less than 10 minutes. the driver was friendly, as was all their staff. Our room was comfortable, but not as clean as it could have been. But not bad either. It is probably a nightmare for all the hotels around there to maintain staff. The breakfast wasn't included, but it was very nice with a buffet or menu. The head server was VERY nice and helpful, but I can't remember her name. I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank frodo4
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Staying at the Holiday Inn Orlando is like staying at any Holiday Inn across the country-rooms were clean, and very acceptable. What makes this Holiday Inn special is the friendly service. I had non buffet breakfasts at the hotel that were delightful. The waitstaff were warm and friendly. In a city that sees millions of tourists a year, friendly service is a precious commodity.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank iowaer
Thank you so much for your kind words: it is the perfect way for our future guests to know how delicious our breakfast is! Come see us again and we'll give you the full Holiday Inn treatment!