“Stranded In Orlando”

Holiday Inn - Orlando International Airport
Ranked #235 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My flight was cancelled to Philly for 3 days. When I finally did not make the last flight as a standby I headed to the hotel. The shuttle was prompt and clean. The check in process was just a couple minutes. The room was more then adequate for my needs, room was clean and refreshing especially after sitting in the airport since 8am. It was now 1230am, I asked the check in clerk if there was a onsite bar / restaurant. He said yes but they might be closed, pointed me in the right direction. When I get to the bar I was greeted by Lena, who was very cheerful and helpful. She let me order a couple beers and made some pop corn. Albeit she was closed at 11pm but since there were stranded travelers she stayed open. The next day I came down for dinner and was greeted again by Lena and once again she had a smile and was very helpful. I would definitely stay at this property again. And I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Orlando.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Charles L
HKLee2014, Manager at Holiday Inn - Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We often host stranded guests and aspire to keep them relaxed during difficult circumstances. Please come see us again when you are in town.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Not pleased with condition of room. The room is in need of some updating (torn carpets, bathroom sink mildewing and rusting) and just overall unclean. Cockroach was crawling up the wall behind TV. Also, left some personal belongings behind and it was a huge hassle to get them to send it to me. The first time I called I was told cleaning staff were on lunch so no one could check to see if my belongings were still in the room. I was told I would receive a call back in 30minutes with an answer. Three hours later no call back so I called back and was directed to the person I spoke to earlier. He proceeded to tell me that nothing was found in the room. Well I knew for a fact the items were left behind in the room so he told me hold on let me check. So, obviously he never really checked in the first place. He placed me on hold for over 5 minutes and told me he had to send the cleaning ladies to check. Finally he told me oh yes we found your stuff. It was very disappointing that he lied to me the first time saying nothing was found in the room. Not happy with the service at all.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Pearson55
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Pearson55,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I was booked into the Holiday Inn for a night on the 9th of December and after 30 hours of air travel, looking forward to a good night's sleep. From the time, they picked us up in the Shuttle, to the check in, during dinner and breakfast and also at their bar, it was all superb. The staff is definitely their biggest asset. I got a room on the second floor and was quite delighted with the room. It had clean beds and linen and was set in the right temperature. They are quite big on the green thing and energy conservation and all around there were cards and signs for energy conservation. The Hotel is well laid out and you can definitely relax in the huge public areas.
The pillows however need to change! The four pillows they provided were very small and discomforting. The bed and other amenities are great and the sleep quality was fantastic. I woke up absolutely fresh.
I tried their crab cake burger with onion rings and it was delicious. The smoking areas are in the garndens outside, which is quite relaxing. All in all, a definite place to try out if you are in Orlando and the close proximity to the airport helps a lot!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

The Holiday Inn staff is of the best in the business. From the very minute one arrives on property you are greeted with a warm welcome and outstanding service. The front desk is efficient and friendly. The engineering staff is very courteous. An experience worthy of time is the breakfast crew. Not just a fresh cup of warm coffee. One has to see Sam smile, Daniell and Kim work with the patrons, or how Janette keeps the table clean, coffee fresh and full. Each person is sincere and enjoys what they do. True professionals!

Special thank you to each of them and the management that makes it possible for these fine individuals to operate at their utmost. Impressive.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Great location to the airport for an overnight stay the night before an early flight. Walking distance to Denny's too. Rooms a good size and bathrooms a great size. Comfortable beds and quiet rooms. The check in process was ey as I booked through Agoda on eye vaustralia web site. Parking on site but make sure you get a parking voucher to display on there your dash or your car might get towed. A lot of parking.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tryatleastonce
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn for ages and was pleasantly surprised by the experience. My room was clean and surprisingly well lit. When I got there the thermostat was set low, was it was easy to adjust and responded well and quickly. My king size bed and bedding was comfortable, however the 4 pillows were really kind of small and quite hard!
The front desk was polite and very nice at check in.
The wait staff in the restaurant was extremely nice and accommodating! Very helpful!
Our favorite was Lena in the bar! She was nice and friendly, like we had been coming there for years. There were 8 in our party. Lena served us all whenever another drink was needed and was friendly and cheerful every time. When everyone requested separate tabs, Lena was not bothered in the least. Every bill was presented with a smile and was totally accurate! The next night she remembered everyone of us. She was such a pleasure to chat with after a long day!!
All in all this was a very nice experience.

Room Tip: King size beds were available
1  Thank sharon g
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We decided rather than picking up the hire car and getting lost in the dark as we usually do to stay overnight and set off refreshed the next morning after our flight. We called the shuttle which arrived within 5 minutes but the smell inside the bus was so disgusting 2 of our party thought they would be sick. Fortunately the transfer was only 5 minutes and we were the only ones at check in. The process was easy but cool. We needed an extra bed put into one room and this was done quickly but abruptly. Our room was clean and plenty big enough. The next morning we checked out and used the shuttle again to return to the airport to pick up a car (no smells in the bus this time). If the evening staff had been as friendly as the morning staff it would have made for a superb stay, however their lack of warmth just made it an efficient stay which is really all we wanted.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear Aguilas,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A