Holiday Inn - Orlando International Airport
Ranked #225 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Please don't believe what people are saying about this hotel, we loved it and we were there for 3 weeks! It is a shame Virgin Holidays don't have it anymore, or we would have stayed again in May 2012!

So give it a chance guys, oh and please keep your pool heating on!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Jay1160, Manager at Holiday Inn - Orlando International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a response to the TripAdvisor. guest feedback always encourages us to provide incomparable value and service to the entire guest visiting us. Hotel has done major upgrades after your stay; new TV, Hard Good refinished to name a few.
Yes, we are also very sorry to hear that Virgin Holidays are not producing business to us anymore. Nevertheless, I know that you are coming back to us in your next trip.
We want to let you know that miles away from you, corner of the airport area, hundreds of dedicated employees are waiting for your next trip to Orlando. For your next visit, I am certain that we will exceed your expectation.

Jae-Yong Lee
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed August 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed here recently for a conference we attended. We were pleased, overall, with our experience. When we arrived at the airport and called the hotel for pick-up, someone was there to pick us up within minutes. The hotel is located a very short drive from the airport which is nice. The lobby is elegant and spacious and the staff were always friendly and accommodating to our needs. Our room was fine...Nothing spectacular but worked great for our needs. It did smell strongly of chlorine when we first entered and expected to look out the window and see the pool directly below us; that was not the case so I'm not sure what the deal was there! The shower was tricky to turn on and had to be pulled using every ounce of strength you have; but once on there was always a good amount of pressure and hot water. Both the conference room and pool are quite small for a hotel this size but I never felt crowded at either. We always had plenty of water stocked during our sessions in the conference room. The food is just adequate here and I wouldn't recommend paying the high prices for it; the value is not worth the expense! Luckily there are plenty of nice restaurants in walking distance around the hotel to mix it up during your stay. The hotel also offers free shuttle service if you do not have a car available to you. I believe Disney is about 20 minutes from the hotel as well (although we did not go there). Overall, I give this a 4 out of 5 stars...A nice, friendly, and convenient stay in Orlando.

• Stayed: July 2011

Thanks for noticing our lobby, rooms, and Banquet service on your comments. Staff were very excited to hear your comments as well. We are very glad that your meeting went very well and you and your family had a chance to use all the amenities and facilities we offer during your stay.

Jae-Yong Lee
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 10, 2011

Good luck trying to stay cool anywhere in this hotel. The lobby's hot, the hallways are extremely hot, the room temperature is controlled by a preset thermostat. The food menu is boring and hasn't changed in years. The service anywhere is horrible. Silver fish and spiders in the rooms.

Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011

Unlike brand new hotels in the system, our hotel has been in business more than 25 years. It comes with antique / somewhat out-dated styled furniture yet our service level is not second to any others as you recognized. Our room temp. is controlled by the individual controller mounted on the wall for guest. Please consider us for your next trip and give us a chance to recover our shortfalls on your trip.
Please email me at jae-yong.lee@ihg.com for your best rate and I will ensure of meeting and exceeding your expectation on your next trip.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

My wife and I were finishing off our week long stay from a trip to Florida and had an early morning flight.
We checked in quickly at 5:00 p.m. as we had to go meet some friends on our last night in Florida for supper. As we do with every room we check into, we check all of the bedding and frame for bed bugs. No we did not find any, but our suspicion was raised when the box spring was covered in plastic. We called the front desk and the young man who answered could not give an explanation as to why the box spring was covered with plastic. Off we went to supper. This clearly was bothering my wife through out supper. When we returned to the hotel later in the evening, we asked the front desk about it. Again, no response to why. We point blank asked if they ever had any bed bug issues. The front desk clerk could not answer the question as he said that information is not shared with them. Again our suspicion is raised. We go to our room and the did a more through inspection of the room. The bed had 3 pubic hairs, the carpet was dirty and the bathroom was disgusting. $125 per night to sleep in a "Select" Holiday Inn was not even worth $35. The pictures on the website showed an upgraded and current rooms like all other Holiday Inn's that I have stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WpgTireGuy

There are several reasons for the box spring covers: 1. prolong the life expectancy of the box springs, 2. reduce the damage on mattress whenever we rotate the mattress (four times a year), to name a few. Our dedicated staff in housekeeping and engineering always do their best to inspect rooms prior to arrivals. They take pride on their work and they would not disappoint any guests. Lately media talks about the bed bugs so we have the entire staff certified to inspect for the bed bugs as a part of preventative work. Rest assure, hotel guests do not have to worry about the bed bugs.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

Staying at this Holiday Inn now on a 2 night awards stay and actually considered checking out and paying for a room elsewhere.

The hotel looks like it has had a mediocre remodel done. Still looks like something out of the 1970s. Rooms are small, dirty, and have a tube television. Bathtub had hair, dirt, black ring around it.

Restaurant is expensive and food arrived cold (room service)

Lots of harsh fluorescent lights in public areas and the gift shop looked like a flea market. Very downscale even for a tourist town. Will not be back.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with Holiday Inn Orlando Airport. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. I would have loved the opportunity to correct your concerns while you were at the hotel but nevertheless I would like this opportunity to response on TripAdvisor.
As you noticed hotel has been in business for long and does need renovations. Since your stay, hotel has replaced all the tv into the new flat screen and updated the appearance of the building to name a few.
Your feedback was shared with several department and it was a true wake up calls for many.
Our maintenance program has been revamped to ensure of the guest satisfaction.
Again, please accept our sincere response and hope to continue to use our branded hotels for your next trip to Orlando.

Reviewed June 16, 2011

The Holiday Inn just outside the Orlando International Airport probably occupies would of the most prime pieces of real estate in Orlando - and perhaps that makes the hotel staff more complacent. The facility is great, the lobby is the size of a school gym and the rooms are fine. However, I was disappointed in the Holiday Inn's conference accomodations. I stayed here for a week for the U.S. Army's drug testing course and all classes were held in a conference room on the first floor. We did manage to get a free full-service breakfast, but that was about it. The conference rooms were small and the staff seemed to forget about us once we were away from the breakfast area. This is the only conference room I've been to when coffee or snacks were not provided all day. In fact, when I approached a food server to get a cup of coffee she told me, "I'm really not supposed to give you free coffee." To her credit, she hooked me up anyway. But it left me thinking, "What kind of hotel hosts a conference and doesn't provide coffee for the guests?" Our water pitchers were filled in the morning, and then were forgotten. But at least we didn't have to pay for the water. I've been to conferences at the Rosen Shingle Creek and the Wyndham Orlando, and they both blow the Holiday Inn out of the water.
On the plus side, the Holiday Inn did provide free Internet service in the lobby and featured a very good hotel bar. The decor and layout was also impressive. The swimming pool seemed a little small for such a large hotel. The hotel also had a gift shop on site. In short, the Holiday Inn is a great place for guests but could use some big improvements when it comes to hosting a conference.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2011

There are a lot of hotels in this area so its hard to choose. I chose this Holiday Inn Select Orlando International Airport due to the amenities you get for the price. When I called for the hotel shuttle, they said 20 mins and they were on-time. The service at the front desk was excellent and the overall "Atrium" style restaurant/bar/lobby area was a nice touch. The room wasn't bad and had everything you would need (to include a fridge and microwave), but it is starting to get older. This is noticeable most in the bathroom and heater/ac unit that is louder than the modern ones. The bed and bedding was nice though and I had a good night's sleep. Overall, there wasn't any real problems with the room and it was worth the money so I do recommend the place. I will say the only dissapointment I had was the service at the bar/restaurant. It was not good as they did not have any wait staff so the bartender was served all roles for too many tables as well as the bar. This caused a few long delays to include waiting an extra 20 mins when I was ready to leave as their was nobody to pay my bill too. The bartender was trying hard but ultimately, it shouldn't be the customer's problem for them being understaffed.

Room Tip: Look for the Holiday Inn Shuttle to avoid imposter