“One night, no complaints”

Holiday Inn Orlando International Airport
Ranked #209 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“One night, no complaints”
Reviewed November 10, 2007

This hotel was a one night stopover for me and my family on route to Memphis from the UK.

The free shuttle was promt after we phoned from the airport and when we arrived at the hotel it was around 8.30 pm their were 2 desk staff on and we were in our clean large room by 8.35pm.

We didnt eat in the hotel.It seemed as if they only served bar food at that time of night and we had noticed a Dennys next door so we chose to eat there which was fine so we had breakfast there the next day aswell.There is also a TGI Fridays and a Hooters close to the hotel.

My wife and daughter were both exhausted so they went to bed while I had a couple of beers in the bar . It was fairly busy but only one bartender working ,she seemed freindly enough even though she never stopped in the hour or so I was there.

Me and my daughter had a walk around the hotel and surrounding area the next morning. The pool area seemed clean with a fitness room and spa. It also had a small shop in the lobby . The area itself seems set up for business meetings not for long family stays but was fine for a one night stop over.

• Liked — Free shuttle , clean large room
  • Disliked — not alot for young kids to do
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank HeathersDad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Detroit, MI
Reviewed July 10, 2007

My husband, almost 1 year old baby, and I were stranded in Orlando after Spirit cancelled our flight reservation. Obviously, I don't know the state of the other airport hotels in the Orlando area, but I was impressed with this property, in general, as an airport hotel.

The staff was EXTREMELY accommodating considering our circumstances. Angel, the driver from the airport shuttle was a godsend and even took my husband to Walgreens to buy more babyfood.

The pool was clean and pretty warm considering the 95 degree heat. I didn't really like how hot it was, but I'm not going to complain considering how long we were there.

We were given late checkout because I am a Priority Club member, but they even let us stay in our room later than the 2 pm granted to Priority Club members.

The room was a bit small, but comfortable and cool.

The food in the hotel was surprisingly cheap considering it was a hotel and how much we paid for dinners in the Orlando area for our vacation prior to being stranded. It wasn't gourmet good, but it was still reasonably priced for what you got.

Overall a pretty good property for an airport hotel.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank empressmiaka
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed May 30, 2007

My main complaint is with the Priceline rating, not so much the hotel itself. This was a 2 star, 2.5 at best, and I would compare the guest rooms to a LaQuinta, Quality Inn or similar. I have used Priceline many times before with great results.

Pros: Bed was decent, had a desk & chair, nice recliner, part of room recently decorated, reasonably clean, free access to computers in the public area.

Cons: Our room #223 had a huge HVAC unit blocking the entire window. It was literally the only thing you could see.

The bathroom is in severe need of updating. The tiles in particular were disgusting.

The motel type HVAC unit was literally falling apart.

No bellhop service at all.

Housekeeping had a variety of issues such as no ice bag, no pad & pen, alarm clock went off at 6:30 am, no tops for disposable coffee cups, no English spoken when called for missing items.

"Closet" (hole in the wall) was 18-24" wide and had no luggage rack for unpacking.

Other nits. Towel rack corroded, cheap motel bathroom counter top, old ceiling tiles need replacing, masking tape still around half painted area below windows, windows screwed shut.

The main lobby and restaurant were OK and reception was about average. The property is pretty old and dated but the public areas were OK, but not near a full service Marriott or Hilton.

I would highly recommend that Priceline drop the star rating down to no higher than a 2.5. This is the first time I felt like the rating was way off, and I do know to expect some variability even within a hotel brand (not all Holiday Inn Selects are the same). The price I got was good at $56, but the rating is too high. It would have been a real bargain had it been close to a true 3 star (like the Marriott and Hyatt), but for what I got, I felt a little cheated.

On a related note, I am sure that we were given the worst room in the hotel even though the hotel was not full (airport hotel on Saturday). Hopefully some of the other rooms are not as bad. I have on a couple of other occasions suspected that Priceline customers are not respected. I am a Priority Club member with Holiday Inn, but that certainly made no difference during this stay.

I have nine pictures of the room if you are interested is seeing what the property looked like.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The guest room had numerous issues - mostly age related
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Atlanta_Dean
Home
Reviewed April 25, 2007

This is a very clean, well-appointed hotel right at the on-ramp to the airport terminals. It has a nice pool and jacuzzi, fitness area, and open lobby with breakfast area and raised lounge. The room was spotless and the staff exceptionally professional. Priority Club members may be placed on the executive floor (top floor) where guests get little perks like in-room robes and a complimentary Starbucks machine on the floor that grinds the beans just for you. The floor is also locked by room key cards for added security and privacy.

We enjoyed this hotel so much we are pondering staying there for the duration of our vacation the next time we go to Orlando/Disney.

• Liked — Very professional staff
  • Disliked — There was nothing at all to complain about
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
Smyrna, Georgia, USA
Reviewed December 18, 2006

I got this hotel for $58 on Priceline, and I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. My room was decently sized and about what I would expect for a 3 star hotel. The hotel has free wireless internet, and when I forgot my Wifi card they let me borrow one for free for the duration of my stay (3 days, 12-9 to 12-12). Parking is free and the hotel is very convenient to MCO with a free shuttle to the airport.

In summary- not a four star hotel, but more than adequate as a 3 star.

• Liked — Free wireless internet
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank cchri1p
north muskegon, michigan
Reviewed October 2, 2006

i stayed here because i was getting an early afternoon flight back to detroit the next day. the staff was friendly and i got my room sooner than expected. the room overlooked the pool area. it was the best quality room during my 5 night stay in orlando. the hotel is near restaurants like tony romas, where i had my evening meal at and dennys, where i had my after bar meal at. ( i had been to the diamond club go-go bar late that night and was there until it closed in the early morning.)
the only bad thing was the bugs forced me out of the pool area.

• Liked — price and location
  • Disliked — bugs in the pool area
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
1 Thank donjuandemarco
dublin
Reviewed September 17, 2006

I stayed there last week in block D which was the best block. Our room was spotlessly cleaned everyday and we were given cleans towels each day.

The toliet in our bathroom flooded twice all over the floor. When we told reception they said they'd send someone to fix, they didn't so we had to mop up the mess ourselves.

The hotel is in desperate need of moderniation. The carpets are very old and the bed duvets. The lift was very suspect, there was a sign saying the certificate stating it was serviced was in the executive office. If the lift has a certificate to say it was serviced and working properly why was this not displayed. Needless to say we used the stairs each day.

The other guests seemed quite rough and so we steered clear of the hotel bar and restaurant. You should go to TGI across the road, but make sure you bring ID as anyone under 40 must show ID!!

For shopping get the Lynx bus number 42 to Florida mall or the premium outlets