“Dirty Room...Don't Stay Here”

La Quinta Inn Orlando Airport West
Ranked #246 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 26, 2010

I stayed here one night with my mom while she was in Orlando for a convention. The room was nasty. There was mold EVERYWHERE...the shower, the walls, the door frame. There were dirty spots on the walls/doors from people's hands as the opened and shut the door. The carpet was filthy and the table next to the bed had something sticky all over it (I think it was a spilled soda). Now, I understand this is a more "budget" hotel, and I understand you get what you pay for, but there is no excuse for poor housekeeping. If the place were just a little outdated or old but clean, oh well, it's just for sleeping in anyway, but with the condition of the room, I was afraid to sleep in the bed for fear they hadn't changed the sheets! The only reason I gave this hotel a rating of 2 instead of 1 is because the staff (the little I interacted with them) seemed nice. I would highly recommend looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Orlando Airport West

Reviewed January 27, 2010

Front Desk girls were rude when asked to give change. In the morning, there was one girl running the desk and breakfast. People were constantly waiting while she was working on the breakfast. The free breakfast at this location was terrible compared to other La Quinta locations. The shower/tub was disgusting and built weird and there were bugs in the room.
Not to mention the room, building and hotel in general is old and run down. It was okay to stay for one night but, never again!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2009

The main reason I chose this LQ, as oppsoed to a newer one closer to Orlando airport, is that I could park our car there for a week free when we flew to Puerto Rico. That almost paid for the room. After a week, it's $5 a day. Tthere's a free shuttle to the airport.

This is an older LQ. The breakfast room is not in a separate room but in the lobby. Everything for breakfast is wrapped in plastic. No hard boiled eggs or waffles, as with many other LQs. No computer in lobby for those without a notebook.

Our room had a waist high 'fridge and a microwave. Not sure if that was part of the rate or whether I was given a free upgrade since I'm a LQ Returns member.

Room was comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2009

This place is terrible, the rooms are dirty and the smell in the hotel is horrible.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2009

My husband and I stayed in this hotel before travelling to Puerto Rico and everything was ok. The shuttle bus collected us from the airport and our stay was ok but noisey late at night. We decided to book the hotel on our return journey and explained that we would come in early in the morning and leave in the afternoon for a long haul flight to Ireland. When we arrived back from Puerto Rico at 10 am we had to wait an hour and a half before the shuttle brought us to the hotel. We were tired and told that our booking couldnt be honoured even though they had promised us that everything would be ok and we paid the 55 dollars which was the full nightly rate. They did agree to bring us back to the airport but customers need to be aware that they dont keep their word to honour agreements that you think you have with them. They suit themselves and will let you down with your booking. Beware! Also their breakfast ends at 9 am which may not suit everyone. cheap rate but poor service.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karmela
Reviewed November 13, 2009

Price was low enough, but everything else was bad. Very old, dirty, moldy, not close to anything at all, and the rude staff that didn't seem to care about anything. We have stayed at other La Quinta location and they were OK, but this one is horrible.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cruisecouple4
Reviewed October 25, 2009

I used this hotel for a 4 night stay while in the Orlando area. As I was arriving after midnight I decided to look for something close to the Airport and close enough to Orlando attractions. Interestingly enough, my only bad experience was the check-in. For security, they lock down the main lobby door after midnight and I arrived at 1 am. The lady did not hear me knocking or ringing for almost 10 min. After that, no complains. Breakfast is good and enough to start up the day. The shuttle to the airport runs every hour and picks you up very quickly (10 min or less).

Rooms are clean and big enough for a family. Free wireless and a nice pool complement the hotel features. Right next door there is a grill-type restaurant and a McDonald's (your choice).

Service was friendly and helpful. The printer for the computer at the lobby was broken and the lady at the front desk offered to print the boarding passes in her office printer. Made my day.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family