“Adequate, Inexpensive Overnight Stay”

La Quinta Inn Orlando Airport West
Ranked #246 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed on a quick overnight stay after a very long flight delay. We made our reservation expecting to arrive around midnight, but our delay caused us to come in around 4 am. It was easy to find and just a few minutes away from the airport. We found the front door locked, however, and the buzzer did not appear to work. I knocked for some time (really, at least 5 minutes, because we did not know where else to go at 4am) before the desk clerk responded. She was friendly but appeared to have been sleeping. She had our reservation ready and gave us our room right away.

The room itself was adequate and overall a good value for an area that can be very pricey. We had a ground-floor, non-smoking room with two double beds and standard amenities for a budget hotel. The shower curtain had some mildew (Florida is humid) but the room was otherwise satisfactory and clean. Cleaning staff was friendly and courteous, and the front desk was courteous and allowed us a late check-out because of our late arrival.

Stay here if you're looking for a convenient, good value in a budget motel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Orlando Airport West

Reviewed June 20, 2011

Although an older property, my room had been renovated and everything was fine.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Gosh awful smell in the room, mixture of dirt and some awful cheap cleaner. Had to stay here, traveling with 2 Yorkies and no pet friendly rooms due to convention. Now my stuff and my dogs are going to get that awful smell. ALSO, a lot of construction going on in the parking lot right in front of the door. I do not feel safe taking my dogs out for their walk. Can't wait to leave this place. GROSS.

Room Tip: Do not bother.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank goldneye
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I had a 5am to 5pm lay-over in Orlando, Fl. This hotel had no problem with working with those hours. When I arrived at about 5:15am, I was greeted by a friendly and helpful clerk and immediately checked in to a clean, neat room. The continental b-fast was good. I will go back!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I needed a room for one night to catch a flight the shuttle service was outstanding and the people were nice. The rooms were very clean. A good value for the price. The location was okay next door to a auto repair shop. But overall if you need an inexpensive hotel short term it is a bargain.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Stay somewhere else! My husband and I stayed for 1 night and brought home a severe infestation of bedbugs. I had an allergic reaction and have hundreds of bites all over my body. We called the motel to report it, they have never called back. DON'T STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank flboatcpl
LQOrlando, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn Orlando Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2011

FLboatcpl – Thank you for your review. I do apologize for your experience as we want every guest to enjoy their stay with us. However, we have had two third party companies investigate our guest rooms for bedbugs and they both came back with no such findings. I’ve reached out to you prior to this but please feel free to contact me anytime to discuss. We would love to have you back at the hotel and offer you a wonderful stay. Thank you again for taking the time to review us and please email or call me with any questions.
Kind Regards,

Katie Orze
Area Director of Sales

Reviewed March 26, 2011

Front desk personnel friendly and helpful. Hotel in good location. Room comfortable. Good variety on continental breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends