Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall
$261
$191
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$127
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$138
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$149
$93
$80
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanorange blossom trailenjoyed my stayconvention centerchecking inuniversal studiosredroofhousekeepermicrowaveconsprosfloridaoutletstheme
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The room had poor lighting in that to read a book in bed, one had to hold it down by the bedside to get adequate light. The towels were skimpy. However, the great rate, large room and cleanliness overshadowed the negatives.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
James O, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding you recent visit to our property. We appreciate your comments informing us of the lighting situation. We will definitely work on updating this therefore our guest will not have this problem again. We really hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

First of all, I'll mention the positive. The renovated rooms were very nice and clean (at least when we arrived) and the front desk staff was execptionally helpful, friendly and attentive.

Now the bad. Parking is a mess! If you arrive late in the evening you won't get one of the normal parking spaces, but must park wherever you can, which means in places not designed to be parking spaces, like the drop-off area, in the travel lane, in front of planters. You have to be careful how you park because you can easily block someone from getting out. Not a good setup.

Our room was cleaned only once in the 7 days and we constantly had to ask the front desk for toilet paper and towels (which they readily provided, but it's not their job, the cleaning staff is supposed to do that!). Also, most importantly is the amount of shady characters hanging out at this place. It appears that many people live at this hotel long-term and some of them are up to no good. On our last night there, as we were returning to our room, we observed the Orlando Police arresting 2 people that appeared to have been in some kind of a fight! I felt like I was in an episode of Cops!

Not the best place to stay if you have kids and want them to be in a safe place. The neighborhood does not look bad at first, but after you spend a few days there you start noticing more and more. I will definitely avoid this part of town in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank UpstateDownstate73
James O, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you endured during your recent visit. We expect our entire staff to make sure all guest receive exceptional service. Thank you for your feedback regarding your observation of the property. We do monitor the property as best needed for the safety of our guest and staff. I hope that in the future you will give us another chance to prove to you that our property is safe, well organized and great for family or business stay!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Reasonable price, staff helpful, room was clean and room service is taking care properly of your room daily. I asked for a crib to be installed and it was done (not always the case for other inns and hotels). Wi-Fi works well, I find the hotel well location to visit majority of theme parks. The hotel itself is located in a busy traffic area with lots of shops, restaurants, very convenient.
room was nice and bed reasonable good quality.
You just need to know that they don't serve breakfast and just have free coffee and tea 24h.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Chtravelor

Thank you for responding for on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit. It's always great to hear that we met guest expectations. We hope to see you again soon!

Sincerely

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed at the Red Roof on a Tuesday night in March before flying out on Wednesday AM. The motel is right across street from the Florida Mall and about 12-15 minutes from airport at most. I found this motel to be pretty nice and room was updated and clean. This part of town in not where ALOT of tourists probably stay but its close to several restaurants and shopping. The staff at the desk were very friendly on check-in and check-out. I didn't see many chairs at pool area as someone else pointed out so not sure what the deal is with that...perhaps they are put out in warmer weather. The only issue I see with this economy priced hotel ($49 is what I paid) is that parking was at a premium. I went out at 8pm to grab some food and there were only 2-3 spaces left when I got back 20 minutes later. Upon checking out in morning, cars and trucks were parked in entry area of office and lot was FULL. Not sure what happens if you check-in late or if motel was completely booked. If you are looking for an inexpensive, clean room for a night tho, this could be it. Your are 1/2 mile from Turnpike entrance.

Room Tip: Try to get closer to office, especially if you are elderly or have trouble walking as the rooms by pool are a little bit away from where you can park.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
James O, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to our facility. Great to here that you had a nice experience while visiting us. When the hotel gets busy our staff are well trained to assist guest with parking if needed. Glad to here you did not have a problem with this matter. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this wonderful place when I saw the sign. For the area this property is in all I have to say Wow! You guys are doing an impeccable job. Housekeeping is outstanding Shonte and Lashonda were designated for my room and they did great! Thanks ladies. Front desk Jon, James and Takevia were just stars. They all really know how to make guest feel welcome and at home. I would stay here everytime and if anyone wants to know STAY AT RED ROOF ON OBT THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the nice comments on TripAdvisor regarding your stay and the staff. I am delighted to hear our staff went above and beyond to make sure your stay was wonderful. We will continue to strive for the best for all of our guest.