Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall
$191
$127
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$138
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$212
$388
$303
Hotwire.com
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanorange blossom trailenjoyed my stayconvention centerchecking inuniversal studiosredroofhousekeepermicrowaveconsprosfloridaoutletstheme
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I arrived at 1:30am and requested a room close to the front. They were accommodating and extremely helpful. They are under new management and I can tell. They are trying their best to offer great service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Homer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you found our staff to be accommodating and extremely helpful; this is what we strive for with each and every guest. We hope to see you next time you are in the Orlando area.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Staff very friendly. I checked in late, was traveling alone, and staff recommended a quiet, safe restaurant I could walk to. Clean and comfortable room with refrigerator, microwave, iron, and ironing board. Hotel does not offer breakfast, but there are many fast food places up and down S. Orange Blossom Tr. WiFi service works well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn for your recent stay in Orlando. We have read your comments about our hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them as our guests satisfaction is our main priority. It is very important for us that our guest experiences are shared. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed it with my family i need it a lot of things like towels, hair dryer and a iron, front desk was told about it but never bother to give us what we need it, we told them a lot of times about our needs but nothing was done, also we went to the pool and we found some people drinking beer and arguing each other, I was very disappointed about it because I had my wife and my teen daughters with me. Also I notice some people hanging out outside smoking every day like they live there and it looks like section 8 housing.
Never stay here again and never recommended to my family and friends. Thanks

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Mustang6354
Homer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

We are extremely concerned to note your dissatisfaction, thank you for sparing your time to respond to Tripadvisor and bringing this matter to our attention. We sincerely hope that because of the issues you addressed we will have no further cause for any complaint in our service and hope that future guest will be satisfied with the corrective action taken by us. Your comments will help us serve you and our guest better in the future.
We apologize for the annoyance/inconvenience that this may have caused you. The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

We continue to be committed to provide you and all our guests with the highest standard of service in the industry.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Truly the most disgusting room I've ever stayed in. If we hadn't been exhausted and in need of a cheap room at the last minute, we certainly would have left.

We walked in to find the sheets, towels, bedspreads and bathmat stained and tattered, including cigarette burns. But, they looked and smelled laundered so I assumed that they were just old. In the morning, however, the pillow my 5 year old had been using had flipped over to reveal blood stains. DISGUSTING. I'm in long-term care field and knew that was a dead giveaway for bed bugs. I was still hoping that maybe bed bugs weren't in our room and just a pillow from elsewhere. Wrong.

After writing to the Red Roof corporate, my email was forwarded to the GM Jennifer who replied with confirmation that bed bugs were found in our room adn that they were going to clean the room and lock it up for 6 weeks. That that is by far the minimum response a place can use when guests, maids, maintenance, etc are constantly tracking the buggers in and out of rooms.

After checking reviews here and on Yelp, I saw that others experienced bed bugs there as well. My fault for not checking in advance.

This has to be one of the worst hotel experiences I've ever had. Thank goodness we haven't had any indication of bed bugs at home.

Room Tip: Try the back away from the pool and the very busy road.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank LilyOU
Homer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

On behalf of the Red Roof Inn Orlando Fl. Mall, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay on April 2013.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. To prove to you that we take every complaint seriously, we have enclosed an invitation in this letter offering a free night with us at this locations.

We are currently under new management, but unfortunately we understand that there may have been problems before our take over.

We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay. Thank you.

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Good location, situated close to i drive/universal.

First room was damp so moved swiftly.

Shaun behind reception absolutely a credit to the hotel, real gentleman - nothing too much trouble!

Helped two English travellers get around Orlando brilliantly!

• Stayed: June 2013
Homer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Orlando. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon.