All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanale housechecking inconvention centerredroofhousekeepermicrowavefloridaoutletstheme
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed from July until October. Nice large rooms, had laminate floors. New 32" LG TVs, and renovations.

The bad; excessive traffic afternoon and housekeeping didn't clean well.
The location across from the mall is difficult to drive anywhere in the afternoon, although pizza hut is walkable to. Housekeeping is rare, they had a high turnover rate for housekeeper, but management will take care of it if asked.

The good; Sleep well, secured area, decent rates and no billing issues.
The rooms are surprisingly quiet, only ones that have any environment noise are near the pool. For Orlando, it is far superior to other locations where the hood is an encroachment. The controlled entry is a great peace of mind. The rates are average, but the benefits are worth it. Did not have any billing issues. Internet works well, only had to call support one time but is capable of streaming amazon movies on PS3, hard pressed to find better bandwidth.

If staying for a time or on a vacation budget, this is the place.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, pool side rooms have noise from people or music playing. Back rooms are absolutely silent.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for the kind words on our new rooms. We are under new management, and we have taken the time with each employee to ensure great customer service to our guest.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Recently refurbished rooms make this motel quite comfortable. It's good value for money and the location is right across the road from the Florida Mall. Bathroom areas have new granite bench tops... Very nice. It's not a high quality reno but quite presentable. Previous comments correct re male receptionist with bad attitude. Male receptionist had the hide to chastise me verbally for going behind the deserted counter when all i wanted was to knock the door behind in the hope of checking in after a 5 minute wait. Naturally he got told. Reception was deserted every time we went there but on two occasions receptionist appeared from outside and was helpful. No problems with noise. A few undesirable types in the vicinity, but at the price a pretty good deal.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your response, please let me say that I am very upset about the issue with our employee. I would like to talk to you more about the employee that you had an issue with. please call me @ 407 247 0570 and as the new GM here I will correct this issue.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

we have chosen this hotel because of the good notes on tripadvisor. At least the rooms are very modern and nice (with wood floor). But this is it.
The hotel is near to the main road and as it seems the meeting point of all criminals. the first night we heard at 5am 6 gunshots close to our room followed by squealing tires. we were scared.
the second night we moved our second bed in front of the door, so that this protect the door a little bit more. the third night again people yelling outside in the middle of the night "...go and call the police.."
Man, we are happy to leave.

Room Tip: Take a room with high number, this means you have the room more in the back and not so close to the main road.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AdrianS412
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. I apologize that you felt unsafe during your stay with us. I completely understand how it felt to hear the gunshots and tire squeals. While my words will may not ease your mind, I want you to know that this is not a regular occurance, and we are doing everything we can to ensure the safety of our guests.

If you would like to discuss the incident further you may call me at 407-240-0570.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My stay was just for 1 night this past April 27 and it was great!! Needed a place affordable to have some rest and I cannot complain. The hotel is clean, is cozy, and the service is really great!! Best budget hotel I've been to and will definitely stay again when in Orlando!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I have shared your review with the entire staff. Thank you for allowing us to accomodate you during your trip to Orlando. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

When we arrived to this hotel (Motel) there were people outside looked like they were having some sort of party. At the check in desk the clerk was ok until he started telling me about his boyfriend, Who trains the employees here? Secondly when I asked about my special accommodations he told me that they do not honor those. I said you have to be kidding me!!! I explained I had a medical condition and they he wanted to help me out. Ok so go to the room after the experience at check in. We dropped off our things and left. When we returned later on that evening, there were no parking spots available. We went to the front desk person, which you could not get in the lobby, you had to ring a bell and wait for whoever was running the desk to come out this back room. The clerk told us there were no more spaces available except 1 where the car had been double parked. We were then aggravated at this moment. The next morning we noticed that there seemed to be people that lived here, couldnt believe my eyes. In our room we had the jacuzzi tub, which looked like it needed to be condemmed. No one help us out with our complaints when they were acknowledge. Never returning her again.

Room Tip: Just stay away
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Christina F

Christina,

I would like to apologize for the experience you had during your stay with us. I have reviewed the surveillance of your check-in experience and apologize if our Front Desk Guest Service Representative made you feel uncomfortable at all. James strives to provide outstanding customer service, and felt the converstation would make you feel more at home. He also apologizes for anything that was said that made you feel uncomfortable.

We strive to meet every request our guests have and I apologize if we were unable to meet all of your requests. Our lobby does close between the hours of 10 PM and 6 AM, but someone will always be present at the front desk to assist all of our guests.

I would greatly appreciate speaking to you personally. If you would like to speak to me regarding your stay please call me at 407-240-0570.

Thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you.