All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanale housechecking inconvention centerredroofhousekeepermicrowavefloridaoutletstheme
Reviewed March 20, 2013

OK for one night stay, close to the airport and on limited budget.
Room was clean, furnishing and linen looked OK, front door not so much. Security latch was missing (Room 125), room didn't have a fridge or microwave. Bathroom seemed OK, although we didn't have enough towels available.
Outside area was well maintained and clean, Staff is very polite and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. Thank you for your kind words regarding our service and cleanliness. We are going through a rennovation process this summer which will include minor repairs in all rooms and brand new furniture. Someone is at the front desk 24 hours a day, and we are always happy to bring extra towels or any other amenity that you might need during your stay. We have extra irons, ironing boards, soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, and shaving cream available at no charge for all of our guests.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Orlando, and we cannot wait to accomodate our guests with our new furniture package.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at the Red Roof for one night only as we arrived late from a flight and didn't want to take the long drive to our Sth Florida destination. We booked through the Red Roof web site in advance. Checking in was quick & efficient, the girl on the reception was helpful and courteous. Got a ground floor room which was clean and well laid out. Coffee & Tea making facilities, Fridge. Wifi worked some of the time, at least long enough to do some e-mails.
This property is well located for those who like to walk to do some shopping. The Florida Mall is just a stone's throw away. I would have nothing negative to say about our stay at the Red Roof Inn and would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Heno34

Thank you for your review of the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I have shared the review with the entire staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Orlando.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We paid about $70 including tax for a Saturday night stay. Compared to the cost of other hotels throughout the area that I investigated, I believe this is an excellent deal. This became particularly clear upon opening the door to our room: it was spotless, neatly made beds, nice, big flat screen TV, a microwave and mini-fridge, new lightening fixtures, and, probably my favorite: no carpet! So the nastiness of cheap hotel carpets makes you wish you’d skipped a meal to get a nicer room. But our room had what I think was wood-laminate flooring. Brilliant! The beds were fine for our contingent.

The hotel is centrally located and literally adjacent to a nice Barnes and Noble (and Best Buy). The nearest Star Bucks in the area, FYI, is in the B&N, which was a plus. The check in/out staff was very nice and helpful; they have a computer in the lobby, and you can print up directions etc.

Drawbacks? There is no breakfast; but considering the money we saved, compared to many other hotels, it was a good deal. My main complaint about the place is that there were a few noisy “guests.” But for the price and its location, particularly proximity to the Orlando Science Center—about 15 minutes, I think it’s hard to beat.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EcofeministDad
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with other travellers. We have worked hard to upgrade many things throughout the hotel. Again, thank you for your comments, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Orlando.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Was alittle unsatisfied that there wasn't a continental breakfast,and Sunday at 10:30,no coffee in thermos'. Stayed from Friday to Sunday and booked room through Red Roof website for Redicard members. Other inns of comparible size always had the continental breakfast,and coffee available 24hrs. Moving on, booking room very easy,check-in was 3pm? Sorry, but not use to check in later than 1pm at other Red Roof Inns I've stayed at before. Desk personnel were super,and had problem with very slow draining of shower/jacuzzi water after shower. Notified front desk,but not looked at until I asked housekeeping person to follow up. She did and problem corrected later. She also informed me no maintenance people available on that Saturday.(This Daytona 500 weekend?)Room was very nice,ammenities very good.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. While we do not offer breakfast, we do offer coffee 24 hours a day. I will speak with the staff members regarding keeping the coffee full and fresh. I apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced during your stay, and will work hard to ensure that they do not occur again.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I booked this hotel because our plane was getting in very late and it was close to the airport. It was a one night stay booked through tingo.com. Even thought I my rate was very inexpensive, the room was nice, updated and clean with all the equipment there...coffee maker, blow dryer etc. It exceeded my expectations for this short stay. It is not a 5 star hotel but perfectly adequate for this type of stay plus it was located to lots of conveniences...drug store, supermarket, restaurants and mall.

Room Tip: The first floor was easy to unload our suitcases. We parked right in front of our door. Especially nice when we got in so late.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We appreciate your comments and the time you took to share your comments with other travellers. I will share your comments with the staff, and hope that we can accomodate you on your next visit to Orlando.