“Great price, late check-in not a problem”

Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall
Ranked #209 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I booked one night. Because of flight delays, didn't arrive until 2am. Still a few parking spots available. Checked in without issue.

Was pleased with all the new items in my room: laminate floor, flat TV, stone vanity, new side tables. No issues with the King bed. Wifi worked fine. My room included fridge & microwave. A jacuzzi was in the bathroom (only showered, didn't try filling the salmon-coloured tub). Vanity sink next to the bathroom.

There seemed to be a constant slight hum from outside - perhaps a fluorescent light. However, putting the fan on covered it up.

There are numerous hotels nearby. I'm glad I tried this one. If you opt not to use the safe, be sure to tell them at checkout so they can credit back your account. There was coffee, but no breakfast provided.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hats off to front desk staffer, James, for helping me. I booked the Florida Mall location through Priceline and got a great deal except....I had only smoking rooms available for me and my kids and we don't smoke. James also went to bat for me with PriceLine and got my money refunded in full.

James helped me to rebook at the Convention Center location and although not through PriceLine, got a very fair price for short notice and had a great stay in a non smoking, clean, room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2013

First time staying at this location....We always hold with a credit card and pay with debit card, arrived around 6:00 and was told credit card already charged, as they were at capacity and had to make sure the card was good. Latest show-up time is published as 7:00. Went to room (2 doubles) first bed swayed like it would collapse, second bed very comfortable. Very thin walls and ceiling, apparently, as we heard a dog clicking across the floor upstairs. Bathroom either not yet renovated or poorly maintained, caulking falling from tub/wall joint. Unable to get water better than warm in shower, plenty at sink. Mixing valve adjustment needed. Parking inadequate when at capacity, people forced to double park. Very loud group left at 7 am, very loud and profane group returned around 5:30....more at 11:30, sounded like same group. Given the circumstances, no plans to return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were on the road pretty late on our way to Key West, when we stopped off in Orlando for some much needed R&R. We were greeted at the front desk by Jen who promptly got us to our room, and was even kind enough to give us some tips on where we could find breakfast in the morning. This place seems to be recently renovated and did not fit the bill of your typical Red Roof Inn. Pretty quiet place, well maintained. It is in a high traffic area, so there is a small presence of street people, but never saw anyone who looked out of place at the hotel. We found coffee in the lobby the next morning and John was fast and friendly as well during our departure. We will be sure to visit here again if we're ever in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for four nights (Thursday - Sunday) and was pleased with the condition of the room and the location of the property. Hardwood floors are much better than carpet in my opinion. I had the do not disturb sign on my door during my entire stay and the staff respected my wish. There do seem to be some folks staying at the property long term as others mentioned, but this posed no problem. My only issue with the property was being locked out of my room each night. I had to get my card re-keyed four out of four nights. This was especially inconvenient when I went to my room with bags only to be denied entry to my room. The problem was quickly resolved each night but it became a bit annoying. The location is convenient to shops, restaurant, etc., but traffic was ridiculous on the main road.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Leroy F
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed 2 nights here while house-hunting-(Room#204)overlooking parking lot/gas station. It was fine for us-Florida Mall across the street! What's not to like? Staff is superb-James and Jon checked us in/out quickly-they were true professionals. Never got to meet the famous Jennifer(manager). We spent $50.00 a night on a King-Superior room with micro/fridge-James honored the Military Discount. Room was clean/bed comfy/4 pillows/everything worked. Yes, after dark, the weirdos walk aound, and cops come screaming down Orange Blossom Trail about 3 A.M., but that is natural for a large metro area. If you don't like that stuff, stay on International Drive. No complaints from us!

Room Tip: Like the second floor-but the ice machine is on the first floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sneepy
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed at your lovely establishment 3 months ago and was very pleased with the front desk clerk James Ortiz. He was pleasant and a riot to do business with. Keep people like him around and your business will do well. The accommodations were above average as well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business