“Pleasant stay for the most part.”

Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall
Ranked #210 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for four nights (Thursday - Sunday) and was pleased with the condition of the room and the location of the property. Hardwood floors are much better than carpet in my opinion. I had the do not disturb sign on my door during my entire stay and the staff respected my wish. There do seem to be some folks staying at the property long term as others mentioned, but this posed no problem. My only issue with the property was being locked out of my room each night. I had to get my card re-keyed four out of four nights. This was especially inconvenient when I went to my room with bags only to be denied entry to my room. The problem was quickly resolved each night but it became a bit annoying. The location is convenient to shops, restaurant, etc., but traffic was ridiculous on the main road.

1  Thank Leroy F

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed 2 nights here while house-hunting-(Room#204)overlooking parking lot/gas station. It was fine for us-Florida Mall across the street! What's not to like? Staff is superb-James and Jon checked us in/out quickly-they were true professionals. Never got to meet the famous Jennifer(manager). We spent $50.00 a night on a King-Superior room with micro/fridge-James honored the Military Discount. Room was clean/bed comfy/4 pillows/everything worked. Yes, after dark, the weirdos walk aound, and cops come screaming down Orange Blossom Trail about 3 A.M., but that is natural for a large metro area. If you don't like that stuff, stay on International Drive. No complaints from us!

Room Tip: Like the second floor-but the ice machine is on the first floor.
1  Thank sneepy
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed at your lovely establishment 3 months ago and was very pleased with the front desk clerk James Ortiz. He was pleasant and a riot to do business with. Keep people like him around and your business will do well. The accommodations were above average as well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeremy H
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The staff at this hotel is great. I had a minor issue in my room & James came to take care of the problem with the fridge. Didnt have another problem after that. Jon who works in the morning is also great. Thanks for everything guys.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank chris78768
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel, the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We enjoy hearing from our guests about their stay. I am happy to hear you had a great stay, and that you received excellent customer service from James and Jon. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Orlando area.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed at RedRoof primarily for their pet policy. They do not charge additional fees for pets. We were totally surprised by the remodeled room (modern bedding and wood flooring.) Slept soundly and comfortably. Keira at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. She printed out resumes for me. Easy access to 528, the main east / west beach to attractions highway. Some towels could be retired.

1  Thank Karen C

Karen C,

Thank you for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We love our four-legged guests, and are pleased to hear that you choose Red Roof Inns primarily for that reason. We have worked very hard over the last few months to upgrade the flooring, mattresses, televisions, and many more areas of the hotel. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Orlando.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

The good things were that it's across the street from a great restaurant and that the rooms are cheap.

The bad things were that we had roaches in the fridge, so our leftovers from the restaurant had to be thrown away. Then we noticed roaches in the room outside of the fridge (see photo). The door to the room did not close well. You have to pull very hard on the door handle until you hear a loud click indicating it's actually locked, otherwise you can just push it open. This made us really worried that housekeeping wouldn't secure the door after servicing the room, so we had housekeeping cancelled for the duration of our 3-night stay.

We happened to be given a room right next to the laundry room. This meant we got to hear conversations constantly and we could even smell cigarette smoke from people smoking right outside our door at the laundry facility. There were a lot of sketchy people standing outside their 2nd story rooms smoking cigarettes and staring at my wife when she walked the dog. She was not comfortable staying here.

Some standard things that are in most hotels are missing here. No tissues, a pen or paper. While we had plenty of towels, but they had a lot of stains on them. One even had black hair in the towel and it made us question if they are even cleaned. I went to the lobby the first morning thinking they might have some kind of continental breakfast, but no luck. They did have coffee and hot chocolate, though the water for the hot chocolate was cold.

We had booked this hotel for a future reservation at the same time as our original booking. Obviously we cancelled the 2nd stay due to the bad experience. We did tell the front desk on checkout of the bad experience and they said someone would call. No one ever did call.

We've stayed at a lot of Red Roof's because we bring a small dog with us. This is the first bad experience at a Red Roof and I honestly can't believe this location is still a Red Roof Inn and not some off-brand roach motel. I booked our next Orlando stay at the one at the Orlando Convention center and hope to have a better experience there.

Room Tip: If you actually decide to stay here, maybe try a room up front near the office. Stay away from the p...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kcyrfw

Thank you for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. First, let me apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We have a 100% Hassle Free Guarantee that we pride ourselves on. We contract our pest control out to Massey Services, one of the best in Orlando. They also back their services with a 100% guarantee. Please know that we take all of your feedback very seriously and will work diligently to correct any item that causes our guests any inconvenience.

Please give me a call at 407-240-0570 to discuss the items you experienced.

Thank you again for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My family and I stayed here for about 3 nights, just to do some shopping nearby. The location was perfect, as we're surrounded by popular retail stores just minutes away. The Florida Mall just down the street, premium outlets 15-20 minutes away...perfect. The staff were really friendly, the continental breakfast was good and the rooms were clean. The only problem I'd say is that the room the first night smelled of smoke, although we requested a non-smoking room. And a little downfall on amenity, it would be nice if they had an airport shuttle. Otherwise good experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family