“Great customer service, poor amenities.”

Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall
Ranked #211 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 19, 2012

When we first checked in on July 17th 2012. there wasn't any power. We were able to check into the room, but with no power, we were limited. On top of that we had a TV that was so outdated that the picture was almost black instead of in color. This is Orlando, you would think they would have up to date TV's. Also their Direct TV service was terrible. One more thing the Refrigerator had a banging sound coming from the rear. The only good part of the day was James who worked the counter, and was extremely, extremely helpful, not only to me, but to all the customers who were going throught the same thing. He needs to be commended. I would recommend him for customer service management position.

Room Tip: It's a nice clean hotel, but needs some updated TV service and TV's
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Don V
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. I am glad that James was extremely helpful, and I appreciate your feedback regarding our television, Directv service, and the refrigerator. We will be updating some of our televisions this Fall and have taken care of the Directv service issues. We will continue to work on improving the amenities and hope that we can accomodate you again (with one of our soon to be updated rooms) on your next visit to Orlando!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I booked this place through expedia which screwed up my booking. They charged me twice and when i asked them to cancel one of those transactions, they cancelled both. I came to know this only when i reached this place at 10.00 pm in the night. However the manager of this place Jennifer was one darling of a woman. She apologized to us even though it was not her mistake and she gave us our place for the same rate that expedia was to give her (which turned out to be pretty cheap). She also upgraded our room to a jacuzzi room for no additional cost. She also gave us some milk and juice as we were very hungry. The only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is because the wake up call was not provided in time. This is a really good place for a real cheap price. I will definitely go back to this place to stay whenever I have to go to orlando.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janakiraman B

Thank you for yoru feedback on the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We greatly appreciate your kind comments! We work hard to provide the best service to our guests, and reviews like yours encourage us to keep up the hard work. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Orlando!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

The front desk staff was very professional and made my stay a great one. I was there on business and they were helpful in suppling all my needs. They wood floors and the room was very clean kudos to the cleaning staff also. I hope to stay there on my next visit. Jennifer the manager had a great attitude and is an asset to the company.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank cocoells

Thank you for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. I appreciate your kind words regarding my position here at the hotel! We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Orlando!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I hated that I had to check out early. I had read the previous reviews and had some concerns but thought that I would give it a shot. At check in JAMES was inviting and very friendly. It seemed I had a thousand questions or requests but James was always helpful without attitude and this continued for both days that I was there. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into the room and found that it had been totally renovated. It appeared that the bed, furniture and linens were all new(er). The floor had nice laminate wood flooring and it appeared new tile in the bathroom/sink area. The room was clean and fresh, the pool was nice and clean as well. The only complaint that I had with the place was the internet, which seems to be a problem at a lot of hotels. The internet went up and down both days, it was difficult to get work done on line. However, I did not see any signs of "working ladies" or anything bad at all in the parking lot. The location is great, by the mall, a lot of food places and big box stores. The place was great and the price of $40 was OUTSTANDING. There were some shady looking places up the road that was advertising more than that. I spoke with the Manager, Jennifer as I was checking out. She was very polite and receptive to my feed back. I would say the best of the Red Roof's that I have visited.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise, try to be away from the pool area.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Russ R

Thank you for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. I am happy that James and I were able to take care of you while you were here. We have also taken care of the internet difficulties you have experienced. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Orlando area!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I booked my stay the day of and got a clean, spacious room for only $40 a night. When I arrived I was greeted with a friendly smile and quick service. When I came downstairs to ask for a cab service Jess immediately hooked me up with a local cab service who he called and setup the pick-up for me. The cab driver was fantastic and also dropped me back off the hotel at the end of the night. The staff makes you feel like family and makes you feel welcome and safe. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Molldolls717
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband I can not even start to say how wonderful our experience was at Red Roof Inn in Orlando. Janice at the desk met us with a smile and went far beyond our expectations to upgrade our room at the last minute. The room we wanted needed an adjustment on the a/c. Mark the maintenence man, returned after he was off from work so we could get this certain room. He was awesome! He and Janice even helped us carry our belongings to the room because we had to wait. All the areas and rooms were clean and maintained and very quiet. We highly recommend this hotel for one night or an extended stay! This is our hotel if we return to Orlando! Thanks again to Janice and Mark for making our stay in Orlando so memorable!

Room Tip: We stayed in a king ground floor in front of pool. Millers Ale House is directly across the street...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank phyllis31520
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Ok, it's just a motel, ok it's low cost style, but... In the first room there was a strong moist smell. Internet was slow, and you often did not get the signal. Breakfast was poor.
It was really hard to get some help from the reception: the guy who was supposed to be there was usually replaced by an 'I'll be back soon' notice. Especially, one of the desk clerks was really irreverent and disrespectful. Once (it was a Saturday morning) he woke me up at 5 am just because he wanted me to pay for the latest two days I still had to pay. But I had been there for one month already (for job), I was not an unknown guest, he could have waited for the morning to ask me to pay or passed me a note under the door instead of waking me up during the very early Saturday morning! Stay away! Do not be deceived by how the hotel seems from the outside!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Andreadookie
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. I apologize that you did not find our service to be at the level we strive for. We have recently purchased the property and are working very hard to renovate and upgrade our amenities. I will speak to each of my staff members regarding the 5 AM wake up call. We understand how important rest is to each of our guests and I will address the wake up call immediately.

We hope that when you return to the Orlando area you will visit us again. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel.