“Wonderful Place and Great Staff!!”

Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall
Ranked #212 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful Place and Great Staff!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I hated that I had to check out early. I had read the previous reviews and had some concerns but thought that I would give it a shot. At check in JAMES was inviting and very friendly. It seemed I had a thousand questions or requests but James was always helpful without attitude and this continued for both days that I was there. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into the room and found that it had been totally renovated. It appeared that the bed, furniture and linens were all new(er). The floor had nice laminate wood flooring and it appeared new tile in the bathroom/sink area. The room was clean and fresh, the pool was nice and clean as well. The only complaint that I had with the place was the internet, which seems to be a problem at a lot of hotels. The internet went up and down both days, it was difficult to get work done on line. However, I did not see any signs of "working ladies" or anything bad at all in the parking lot. The location is great, by the mall, a lot of food places and big box stores. The place was great and the price of $40 was OUTSTANDING. There were some shady looking places up the road that was advertising more than that. I spoke with the Manager, Jennifer as I was checking out. She was very polite and receptive to my feed back. I would say the best of the Red Roof's that I have visited.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise, try to be away from the pool area.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Russ R
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. I am happy that James and I were able to take care of you while you were here. We have also taken care of the internet difficulties you have experienced. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Orlando area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I booked my stay the day of and got a clean, spacious room for only $40 a night. When I arrived I was greeted with a friendly smile and quick service. When I came downstairs to ask for a cab service Jess immediately hooked me up with a local cab service who he called and setup the pick-up for me. The cab driver was fantastic and also dropped me back off the hotel at the end of the night. The staff makes you feel like family and makes you feel welcome and safe. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Molldolls717
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband I can not even start to say how wonderful our experience was at Red Roof Inn in Orlando. Janice at the desk met us with a smile and went far beyond our expectations to upgrade our room at the last minute. The room we wanted needed an adjustment on the a/c. Mark the maintenence man, returned after he was off from work so we could get this certain room. He was awesome! He and Janice even helped us carry our belongings to the room because we had to wait. All the areas and rooms were clean and maintained and very quiet. We highly recommend this hotel for one night or an extended stay! This is our hotel if we return to Orlando! Thanks again to Janice and Mark for making our stay in Orlando so memorable!

Room Tip: We stayed in a king ground floor in front of pool. Millers Ale House is directly across the street...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank phyllis31520
Genoa, Italy
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Ok, it's just a motel, ok it's low cost style, but... In the first room there was a strong moist smell. Internet was slow, and you often did not get the signal. Breakfast was poor.
It was really hard to get some help from the reception: the guy who was supposed to be there was usually replaced by an 'I'll be back soon' notice. Especially, one of the desk clerks was really irreverent and disrespectful. Once (it was a Saturday morning) he woke me up at 5 am just because he wanted me to pay for the latest two days I still had to pay. But I had been there for one month already (for job), I was not an unknown guest, he could have waited for the morning to ask me to pay or passed me a note under the door instead of waking me up during the very early Saturday morning! Stay away! Do not be deceived by how the hotel seems from the outside!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Andreadookie
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. I apologize that you did not find our service to be at the level we strive for. We have recently purchased the property and are working very hard to renovate and upgrade our amenities. I will speak to each of my staff members regarding the 5 AM wake up call. We understand how important rest is to each of our guests and I will address the wake up call immediately.

We hope that when you return to the Orlando area you will visit us again. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We came on a family trip to Universal Studios. The staff was kind and very helpful. They helped me to make arrangements for transportation. The room was clean and so was the pool. And you get to make your own fresh waffles for breakfast! My kids enjoyed that part.
I am planning on returning to Orlando and will definetely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Hugomora
Thank you for giving us your feedback regarding the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We are pleased that you enjoyed your family trip to Universal and that our staff was able to assist you with transportation arrangements. Our staff works very hard to provide clean guest rooms and to keep the pool area clean. And, they will greatly appreciate your feedback. We look forward to accomodating you on your next trip to the Orlando area!
Natal, RN
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I din't like it. The door of my room is hard to open and close because it is broken. The internet is very week, and often you do not get the signal. The breakfast is poor, with just baguel, cream cheese, cofee and an horrible orange juice.
It' s hard to get some help from the reception. The guy that should be there was never in front desk. There was a notice like "I'll be back soon". And I wait for more than 30 minutes to get some help.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JORGE C C
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Red Roof Inn Orlando South. We have recently purchased the property and are working very diligently to improve our guests' experience. We will have our maintenance technician take a look at the room you occupied and remedy the door problem immediately. We have also added hot waffles to our breakfast and will continue to improve the quality of our items.

Please know that we are continuously working to improve the efficiency of our front desk staff, and I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while they were assisting another guest.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope that we will have another opportunity to serve you on your next visit to the Orlando area.
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Let me start by saying that the staff at this Red Roof Inn, were exceptional. Since this is newly acquired property for Red Roof, I have to say they did a great job in choosing the Staff to represent the company. My family and I arrived after traveling from Wisconsin to see Mickey for my daughters 7th birthday. We arrived at the hotel a little after midnight, we were checked into a room that had no air, and that had a horrible ordor to it. We did not realize until the next day that the air was not working, when I picked up the phone to alert the Front Desk of the problem, the phone was not working. My husband said we could just alert the front desk on our way out to the park and following our showers. When I took my shower the tub filled with water that never went down the drain. My husband had to shower in my standing water. As you can imagine he was not happy about that. Before going to the park we told the front desk of all the problems we had and the staff immediately told us they would change our room. The room that they made ready for us following our day at the park was one that smelled as if a chronic smoker had taken residence in. We respectfully declined the room and they found us another. I will say that the room that they made ready for us had a nice basket waiting for us and they relaced the phone and the show curtain with new ones.The room we ended up with was a King Size. Our reservation was for 2 beds and they had none available. We relucantly took the King size bed with the kitchen area. The room was great until the next morning. My daughter got up to use the restroom and fell on the floor because after running the water in the sink while brushing my teeth a puddle developed on the floor (the sink was leaking) and my little girl fell and injured her right elbow. We did not to take her to the ER, but opted out of going to the Theme Parks for the day, because of her increasingly swelling elbow. I went tot the Front Desk to advise them of the leaky sink and the accident it caused for my daughter. The Manager immediately compted our entire stay (May 12-May 16). I did not have to ask she just did it. I again say that they have choosen the right individuals to represent the hotel. While we were there I could see the changes that they hotel was making. They have relabelled the doors with the new Red Roof Inn logo numbered plaques. The letters are bigger and easier to read.They are also replacing the light fixtures, they replaced the shower curtains and the telephones...all new. I was told they are pulling up all the carpet, so that should be a change that will be visual shortly. I like the hotel and I have stayed at the RED Rood Inn in Buckhead, GA and they renovated everything. It was a pleasure to stay there and was the primary reason I choose this Florida location.
I think the hotel should work very hard to get the Working Girls away from the establishment. They are a eyesoar and definately bring down the comfortable inviting and safe atmospheer that I am sure are working so hard towards having.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family