“Solid Choice in the Airport Area”

Ramada Suites Orlando Airport
Ranked #253 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Nice sized rooms, a comparably well stocked breakfast, and good bedding are probably the top selling points. A friendly front desk staff who were willing to work with us to correct a botched reservation were a real plus for us. Access to the airport and services are as good as you will find in the area (except the Hyatt in the airport).

Room Tip: The highway side was a little noisy but not too bad--I would prefer the other side of the building.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank KJ84037
Write a ReviewReviews (1,179)

Reviewed September 19, 2011

The hotel is clean, the rooms good sized, breakfast fit the bill. The staff at the front desk were always nice and helpful. Free wireless internet that actually worked was a huge plus! For the price it is a very reasonable place to stay surrounded by places to eat. I will be back!

Room Tip: Stay on the fourth floor, it is the top floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank drhauser35
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We chose this place for our pre-cruise hotel stay. We wanted something reasonably priced and close to the airport. It met both those needs. The room was surprisingly spacious (king bed room suite) but some of the furniture looked old, outdated and somewhat dirty. It was right next to the elevators but we didn't hear any noises coming from that. The A/C in the room works well and isn't loud. The biggest issue we had was the bathtub and sink were clogged and it was disgusting. The full-length mirror on the bathroom door was SO dirty and wasn't even wiped! The room had a small kitchenette which was useful for us (fridge, sink and cupboards - no microwave). Checkout is at 11am and we were running a little late - by 11:15am the hotel manager calls and asks when we are leaving! We were already at the door by then. The free Continental breakfast was good - it's the usual stuff you find in that type of menu. Coffee wasn't great. Free parking is only for one night. After that it's $5 a night. We never used the hotel shuttle from/to airport so I can't tell you anything about that. Overall it was a good stay for a day.

2  Thank Heaven28
rpaul56, General Manager at Ramada Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

Thank you so much for choosing Ramada Suites for your stay while you were in the Orlando area. There are some points that I would like to touch on, microwaves are provided in every guest roomand it are located on the cabinet shelf above the kitchenette area. Also, Check out time is 11am at which time we place a courtsey call to each room that is due to check out but has not done so to see if our guests need to modify their length of stay or if they simply need some additional time in the room at no charge up until noon. Parking is free for each night of stay, We offer a park Sleep and fly package if the guests want to leave their car with us while they are traveling. I hope yo

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I recently spent a full week at this location. I had read numerous reviews of hotels in the area, and had experienced some less than satisfactory service at other hotels leading up to this stay. So, I was fully expecting more of the same.

The hotel is in great shape, in a great location and has been updated over the last year or so. The lobby area was very nice and open, clean and spacious. The desk clerk was professional and got me set up with my room in a timely manner. My room was large, with a separate work space/kitchen area and a bedroom area. The TV was positioned perfectly to be viewable from both sides of the room. The desk space was large enough for me to actually work at. The bed was very nice, with an updated pillow-top mattress, 4 large pillows and decent thread count sheets. The room was clean and the daily service was spot on.

The only issue I had with the room was the bathroom sink area. The lighting was not directed well for shaving. The sink had a low flow outlet, which made it very difficult to clean a razor because there was very little pressure. Plus, it was a slow draining sink, which is always a bit gross when shaving or brushing one's teeth. Beyond that though, the room was perfect for the price and for the length of time I spent there.

The breakfast buffet every morning was a step up in quality and product. Waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit, cereal, coffee. It was all good. The eggs seemed to be made from a mix, which for a day or so is OK, but not something one would want to consume everyday for a week. The sausage was good, but variety there would be nice (bacon). The coffee was good, satisfying my immediate need for Starbucks, without actually having to leave the hotel for one.

I did use the laundry facility, which was clean and in shape. I did not use the pool, but it appeared to be clean and nice. The area around the hotel was nice. Even though the airport is right there, the noise was almost non-existent. Only the most sensitive people might be bothered, and then the air conditioning kicks in and the problem goes away.

All in all, it was worth the money I spent and was a place that I will stay when I am in Orlando on business.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank PMLJohn
Reviewed September 4, 2011

very good value. stayed there Aug 26 to sept 02 2011. Suites were spacious which is great for a week stay. room was kept exceptionally clean. Buffet was 6-10 as advertised did not shut her down when they ran out of food and it was fully stocked at 6 am. variety was good. Pool was kept clean.
Beds were very comfortable. Bigs screen tv lots of variety of channels. Very close to airport but sound of airplanes was not an issue. Close to shopping and restaurants. Overall good value would recommend and would go back in a heartbeat.

2  Thank tklauke2000

Thank you for your stay here at Ramada Suites Orlando Airport. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here with is. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

Keep valuables in sight. Maintance cliams just checking the room. Missing JVC camcorder.

Room Tip: Do not allow cleaner or maintance in unless you are in the room
Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Bill G
rpaul56, General Manager at Ramada Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,
We apologize if you had any items missing or stolen while a guest in our hotel. We work diligently to make sure that our staff is trained properly as well as there is an extensive hiring process for all employees to make sure that these type of incidents don't occur at our hotel. I will make sure that this information is relayed to my maintenance personel during a consultation. We do offer safes in each room for your personals of value. Again, I apologize for your loss and will handle this situation internally with our back of the house staff.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

Stayed while waiting for flight to New England, Irene.
Check in fine.
Room, safe broken, lights not working.
Left minus video cam, and sun glasses.
In future no acccess for maintance unless I am in room.

Room Tip: Chain itens down
2  Thank ewt715