“pre-cruise stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, Washington
“pre-cruise stay”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

we were looking for a place to crash after arriving on a plane from the west coast. we booked two rooms for our group of two families. the property is slightly older, but it was tidy and had a nice layout. our room had two beds and a sofa bed. our kids were sad not to have had a chance to try the pool area. good for an overnight stay prior to boarding our cruise.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lori R, Manager at Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Lopezj03,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our spacious suites prior to your cruise. Many travelers take advantage of our convenient location for exactly that reason! I hope next time your family stays with us you are able to spend an extra day to enjoy our pool!
Safe travels,
Lori Rupp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Manalapan, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Hotel was out dated. I reserved a 7 night stay with pets. I decided to stay one more night and they charged me an extra $25 for the pets again which I already was charged the 1st time. When I questioned it, I was told that my dogs were barking and that they had to compensate other guest so that is why I am being charged again. I did not hear about any dog barking complains until I went to the front desk to reserve the extra night. Rude and never again. They say this is a pet friendly hotel. Why is it that when a dog hears a strange noise they will bark (By nature) and people get offended when it is suppose to be pet friendly?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brandon W, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
It was a pleasure to speak to you and have the opportunity to clarify the situation that occurred during your stay further. As discussed, the hotel was unfortunately never notified of the fact that you would be bringing a dog with you. Had this been the case, we would have asked you to sign a pet form, which explains that we require a deposit of $150 of which $25 are not refundable. Our pet policy further explains that you agree to prevent disturbances by your pet in the interest of other hotel guests. This was unfortunately not the case and we received several noise complaints, some of which resulted in compensation. Regrettably all our attempts to contact you during your stay failed, so rather than charging you $150 we charged you an additional $25 when you came to the front desk as a gesture of good will. We considered this to be a workable solution since the other alternative would have been to refuse the stay extension. Thank you for understanding that even as a pet friendly hotel we need to make every effort to create a comfortable environment for all of our guests.
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Arrived late at night - we were cheerfully greeted. Nice lobby with computers. Room had two double beds in the bedroom and a living room with sleeper sofa and chair with ottoman. Clean and comfortable. Good ariport location. Left too early in the am to take advantage of pool, etc.

Plattsburgh, New York
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights on a recent trip to Orlando - you cant beat the shuttle to the airport and my kids loved the half indoor/outdoor pool, which was nice and clean, and larger than expected. Got a great nights sleep and the staff was very helpful.

New York City
Reviewed March 24, 2013

room a little small for a delux jr. suite but it did have everything I needed. Close to airport but not within walking distance of any stores. It did have a mini mart and the bonus of having breakfast included in the price and free shuttle service to airport. Staff wonderful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Lori R, Manager at Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Theresa O,
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport for your recent stay in Orlando. I’m glad you enjoyed our popular breakfast package and our wonderful staff. I will make sure to pass on your comments to our team. I hope that you will consider us again on your next trip to Orlando.
Safe Travels,
Lori Rupp
Clinton, Mississippi
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Location and staff could not have been better--a little dated but by no means shabby--excellent lobby, workout area and indoor pool--great shuttle to airport--this allowed me turn inthe car the night before we left which makes the morning much less stressful--easy access to I-4 and anywhere you need to go and maybe best of all--there were maybe 10 excellent places to eat ie Bonefish, Longhorn TGI Friday's and other--all within walking distance-to top it off, we got a great rate on Hotwire

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I am a Starwood Gold member and have stayed here many times (although not in the last 6 months) as it is convenient to the airport when I am doing business in Orlando. This time I was really struck by just how worn and dirty the carpets are in the hallways. The hallways had an odor to them, I think as a result, and then when I got in my room, the carpet in there was also worn and dirty, but obviously not to the same extent as rooms don't get that kind of foot traffic. The rest of the experience was fine, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I was staying in a dirty place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Nelson S, Manager at Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
I am greatly disappointed when any customer expectation is not met and even more so when it is a loyal Starwood Gold member like yourself. Our hotel is built on a solid culture of exemplary service and my housekeeping staff is very sorry to have given you the impression that the hotel was not clean. We collectively put a lot of effort into the cleanliness of our property and together with this years’ scheduled carpet replacement I am certain we can exceed your expectations during your next visit!