“Nice Hotel - In Need of Renovation”

Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport
Ranked #82 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Lodi, New Jersey
“Nice Hotel - In Need of Renovation”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stay at this hotel most of the times when I travel to Orlando for business. I am a SPG Platinum Member, and I always try to stay at Starwood Properties. This hotel is close to the airport and I like the fact they are suites. However, this hotel is in bad need of updating to their rooms. The carpet is showing their age, and the furniture is badly dated. The entire interior of this hotel needs to be totally re-worked and upgraded. The restaurant is small and has a very limited menu. This property has so much potential.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Bristow, Virginia
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our family stayed at the Sheraton Suites before and after our Carnival Cruise. The airport shuttle was prompt and the driver provided excellent service. We are a family of 5, so we requested connecting rooms. We loved the spacious suites! Kids enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool. Breakfast was great and staff was friendly and attentive. Location is convenient to airport and highway (toll road). It was an easy drive to Disney. Will definitely return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Winnipeg
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed for 1 night before leaving Florida to come home. We had been at Universal Studios during the day and were so happy to have a suite to spread out in. Everything was in tip-top condition. The bed was so comfy and the pillows were awesome! I had a nap and couldn't wait to climb back into the bed for my nights sleep. We were too lazy to go out anywhere for dinner, so we headed down to the bar and ate from the menu there. The food was fine, nothing fancy, but tasty and reasonably priced. I would stay here again if I was coming to Orlando.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Forked River, New Jersey
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Before a disney cruise we stayed one night. Me, my daughter , my mom and my dad checked into two rooms. My daughter and i got the first room, and my mom and dad got the second room. There was a dog convention and we got zero hours of sleep due to barking canines. And to top it off, there was a moldy smell in the hallway. But we cant forget, my dad turned on the bathroom light and there was three roaches. We will never ever stay here again. My mom has points so we got every thing for free. But we called and complained so we got 30 points. I definately think we deserve more for being roach test dummies. For my advice, dont stay at the Sheraton!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lori R, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Christine L,
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. There was a Golden Retriever convention in the area at the time you were here and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your family. Due to the warm Florida climate, we do have a preventative pest control program in place and the hotel is treated on a regular basis.
Please contact me directly regarding the points you received. Starwood points are usually issued in amounts of 100 or 1000 so I want to make this right with you. I can be reached at 407-240-5555 extension 192.
Lori Rupp
SASKATOON
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed for three nights at the Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport and were very impressed with our accommodations. The staff was very friendly and so helpful. Loved the suite which was so comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel. It was about a 20 minute drive from Disneyworld, which was no problem. We didn't eat at the hotel restuarant so I cannot comment on the food. There was free Wi-Fi using the hotel computers in the lobby. I would definitely stay here again when I come back to Orlando.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Stayed two nights. Arrived after midnight and called for shuttle. Front desk told me the shuttle driver had gone home but take a taxi and they would reimburse me. Returned my $15 cash immediately upon arrival. Rooms were really nice (have no idea how someone could call it "a bit on the dumpy side"). As other reviewers have described, two room suites with couch, microwave, mini-fridge, desk, TV in one room, and a "normal" hotel room with bed, TV, bathroom, double sinks, etc. in the other. Bed very comfortable and room was quiet. Slept well. Everything clean and well maintained. Gave me complimentary internet because of SPG gold status. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Fitness room was small but had two Life Fitness treadmills along with some other good equipment. Pool is half indoor/half outdoor and about 20 yards in length. Restaurants are a bit of a walk, but several within about half a mile: Hooters is the closest, then TGI Fridays, Dennys, Chilis, Tony Romas, Sonnys BBQ. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: My room faced the inner courtyard and I could sometimes hear people talking in the courtyard or land...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had a one night stay at this property after week long Disny Cruise. What a difference in quality from Disney to this place. The front desk was kind enough to let us check in early but the room was smelly. Stunk like smoke, body odor and ash. The sheets on the bed were clean but the couch and chair in the living area was sticky and smelly. The fold out bed was so uncomfy that we all slept in the king in the bedroom.

Within walking distance there is a Denny's Chili's, Tony Roma's and some BBQ place.

The hotel offers a free shuttle service to the airport every 1/2 hour. I was surprised that no one tipped the driver. Please be sure to do so if you use his services!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SheratonSuitesMCO, Manager at Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for sharing your review with us, we appreciate your feedback. I apologize for the odor issues you experienced during your stay and assure you that they will be addressed with my department. We are a 100% smoke free hotel and although it is almost impossible to prevent some guests from disregarding this, we have cleaning procedures in place that must not have been followed. As an alternative to our pull out sofas, we can always deliver a rollaway bed to your room to ensure a more comfortable night’s sleep. Thank you again for staying with us and for your observations. Our drivers especially appreciated your last comment!