“Great service, but unfortunately hotel not very high quality”

Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport
Ranked #82 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco
“Great service, but unfortunately hotel not very high quality”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Airport hotel with super great shuttle service and people who are really nice, but the hotel smells kind of dank and moldy. I stayed here for one night just for work before going on a cruise with my family where I moved the next day to the Residence Inn in the same area, which was much, much, much better. The hotel hallways were kind of damp along with the room itself; I realize Orlando is a humid area, but I compared it with the Residence Inn just down the street which did not have the same musty smell. I am aware that for $100 per night that I can't expect a ton, but again, I'm comparing it at least with the other hotel I stayed at the next night (which was a 2-bedroom suite for $150).

But the shuttle driver was really wonderful and friendly, and I hope everyone can give him a big tip!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ilovealbert
Brandon W, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Your kind compliments towards the friendliness of our staff, specifically the shuttle driver are very thoughtful. We certainly regret having lost your business to another hotel and are grateful that you are bringing the issue you experienced to our attention. While it is true that there is a lot of humidity in Florida, we take every step to ensure clean and fresh rooms for our guests. I do apologize that you did not have this experience on your recent visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport with the women's ministry from my church(Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist Church, Charleston, S.C.) to visit the Holy Land Experience theme park in Orlando. Joyce from sales greeted me personally and made herself available if i needed her, which i didn't need to because the staff was so competent. I was very impressed with this hotel and the entire staff. The rooms were beautiful, big and clean. They are fully equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, iron and ironing board. The beds were big and soooo comfortable. They made me and our church group feel so at home. The professionalism of the staff is first class. They made us feel like we were family. The hotel has on-site restaurant, gym, laundry room, indoor/outdoor pool, room service, computers for internet access in the room and in the lobby downstairs. The shuttle is free to any location within two miles. The hotel is close to lots of restaurants, gas stations and shopping. This hotel is great for families, people traveling for business or vacations. I didn't have any problem with noise outside of the rooms or through the walls. I will be staying there again and i will be recommending the Sheraton to others. Keep up the great job!!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with family choose a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Joyce M, Manager at Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for your kind review! We strive to meet the needs of our guests and we're pleased that we were able to welcome your wonderful group to our hotel. We look forward to your next visit!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I travel to orlando every week for work. All tho there are many hotels to choose from, I come back to the Sheraton suites Orlando airport because the Bar staff makes me feel at home they remember my name And make me feel like a special hotel customer. I stay at the hotel more because of Alena Christine and Gabby make me enjoy my stay. I eat more dinners at the hotel because the bar staff is so friendly. Keep up the good job girls

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the pool :)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stay at this hotel regularly for business and I'm always very pleased. It is super convenient to the airport, they have a shuttle service or it's a $15 cab ride (with tip) if you prefer.

The hotel has on-site restaurant & bar (good one actually!) and room service. They also have a quick grab and go shop attached to the restaurant that is great for those early mornings, or late nights.

They have business center, and wifi. I have used the fitness center, and I know they have a pool, but I didn't use that, so can't comment on it too much, but the fitness center is well-equipped and very clean.

The rooms are VERY spacious, well stocked, and very clean. This would be great for Families traveling, as well as us business travelers. I have never had any issues with noise in my room, and I've stayed in many different rooms on various floors, even the first floor (wich for early am departures, I actually prefer).

The hotel rates are always fair and reasonable. There seems to be plenty of parking, if you have a rental car.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I recently stayed at the Sheraton for about four days to enjoy the parks and Orlando. I have to say my stay was perfect. Eimy was just wonderful, she printed out all the directions for me and my family and answered all my questions. Every time I needed something she was right there to help. Eimy was truly the face of The Sheraton during my stay!! :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 26, 2012

What a pleasant surprise! We booked this hotel for one night (booked 2 rooms) because we had vacationed in Orlando all week but had an early flight going home the next day.......we wanted to stay close to the airport in a hotel that provided a shuttle service. Sheraton never disappoints us! This hotel had a great pool, great location, great breakfast buffet, but most of all.....a great staff!! Sandra & Lady were awesome! They took care of us as if we were the only ones in the hotel.....answering questions on how to get picked up after we returned our rental car, to where we should buy the cheaper gas, booking our shuttle for the airport in the morning...just to name a few things!

Kudos to Sheraton for having a great team......keep up the great work!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brandon W, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Our goal is to offer a comfortable room with great service when our guests stay with us each and every time. Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay and I am very happy to hear you were pleased with all of our services and amenities. Of course, your feedback is communicated to our team and both Lady and Sandra are delighted in the fact they were able to make your stay such a pleasant surprise.
Toronto
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This all-suite hotel was a great place to stay, and very convenient for meeting up fellow travellers. Two of us drove down to Florida, and two others were flying in late. This hotel was a great place to stay the night - very comfortable, clean, and with great customer service. It gave us all a relaxing start to a jam-packed week at Disney. Did I mention it's about three minutes from the airport, and yet we never heard the planes flying in overhead? And it was an easy twenty-or-so-minute drive to Disney World (and also within twenty minutes of two great outlet malls).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Sheraton experience with us! We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.