“Worst ever!”

Ranked #307 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Polokwane, South Africa
“Worst ever!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We were on our way back to Johannesburg and had to stop over in Orlando. Because we were only flying out the next evening, we started phoning for accommodation from the airport booth. (We were hoping to still do some sightseeing, therefor we did not want to stay at the airport hotel) The other places offered were fully booked, so we phoned Travelodge (last on our list, because there was no picture on the advert like the rest). The lady on the phone was very friendly and helpful, so what could go wrong? On arrival we found the room's carpet was beyond filthy, the TV was old and had buttons missing, the bathroom was in the process of being renovated (looks like it has been like that for a while) and there was a musty smell to the room. I had to get our room keys reprogrammed twice, because on our return we could not access our room. There were only 1 pillow on each double bed, and when we asked for more, we were told that they are short on pillows!!!! It's a Lodge where people must sleep!!!!! I'm really not a fussy person, but this was ridiculous. When we opened the bed that evening to go to sleep, we found long black hairs on the bedding. This place needs serious help. Word of advice to management: No need to spend lots of money on new furnishings, just clean them properly and paint those patched walls, Oh,and buy some pillows.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I am truly sorry that your stay did not go as planed. I will look into each and every issue that you had and ensure that they will be corrected. All rooms are cleaned and inspected before they are released for sale to any valued guest. I will meet with the head of housekeeping, front desk and maintenance to see where we failed in your case. I have also ordered more pillows for the comfort of all our valued guests. Never the less I am truly sorry for the issues that you had to endure and I would like to make things right. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

John Cummings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Turkish first
Brookings, Oregon
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The room was clean and easily accessible. The staff was polite and helpful. The price was good. But the room and the entire facility are really run down. Two lamps had missing or burned out light bulbs. The TV did not work correctly because it had to be reprogrammed for the cable system. A staff member came and did that, but still .... Then the listing of the channels in the information book was for the previous cable service and the numbers did not match up. And the people at the from desk did not have an up to date list.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay with us. Travelodge takes great pride in the value of service and accommodations that we provide each and every guest we host on a daily basis. I will look into the issues that you had during your stay and ensure that they will be corrected.

Galveston Island, Texas
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This trip was brief and on my dime - so I was looking for a real bargain. I was familiar with the location, etc. The van service is slow - they got there eventually. I realized that most folks checking in when I did came there often (the price) and drove their own cars or had a rental.
The clerk upgraded by room to a suite since I had to wait for the shuttle. You can't beat the price. It is not directly across from the Florida Mall(thank God) and it is relatively safe. Cabs are cheap and reliable in Orlando, so I got to my meeting with no hassles. I wouldn't recommend for a long vacation - but for me - in and out for a meeting, tolerable. I spent the money I saved on a nice dinner with a friend.

Room Tip: I was on the south side - near the back - it was quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MMA8
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. Travelodge takes great pride in the value of service and accommodations that we provide each and every guest we host on a daily basis.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We are currently at this hotel and are booked for 2 more nights.
Room looked rundown but OK when we arrived so we unpacked and went out for a few hours. When we returned to our room and turned on the light we found the room was infested with cockroaches. We were offered a different room so we moved (not a quick task when the room is some distance away and you are tired and have already unpacked for a 4 night stay).
The second room is no better.
Freezer in refrigerator iced up so that nothing will fit in - asked for it to be defrosted while we were out for the day yesterday. That didn't happen.
Hairdryer doesn't work - don't care because I don't need it.
Bathroom tap leaking. Husband has to turn it off so tight that I can't turn it on.
Cockroaches!! They are everywhere. We went out and bought insect spray to try to get rid of them but more keep coming. Have packed all our belongings into plastic bags for some protection.
Room keys only work occasionally - sometimes takes up to 10 attempts to get the door unlocked.
Noise - constantly being woken by luggage cart being trundled past room late at night or very early morning.
This hotel would have to be the worst we have ever stayed in. Even the cheapest backpackers hostel in South Africa or Kenya is better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank PhilnMaureen
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I am truly sorry that your stay with us was not a success and I do apologize for that. I would like to address each and every issue that you described and the course of action that I personally took. I have contacted our pest control company and ensure that the property is serviced on a regular basis. I have spoken with the head housekeeper and we have made sure that all freezers were defrosted. Unfortunately we are a airport property that stays quite busy with people checking in and out at all times of the day and night so some noise is out of our control. Please fee free to give us a second chance to show you we are working hard to not just meet but exceed each and every guest we host.

John Cummings

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I just want to tell you about tracy she has been great always there to help and very friendly great job The lady who does the breakfast is very rude. will stay again The rooms need updating but for the price its worth it shuttle drivers are nice I think its time to spend some money on this property you have a very good location the rooms are just run down but you get what you pay for :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Travelodge and ensure that your comments about our staff member will be pass along. Travelodge prides itself on the value of service and accommodations that we provide each and every guest that we host. Please feel free to contact me directly as I would like to know which room you stayed in that needs a little extra love to insure high guest standards.