“2 day stay”

Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport
Ranked #301 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The checkin was the best thing about my stay, it only took about 10 minutes to complete. The first room I was in smelled like musk, bleach, and urine. The TV, air, and the internet did not work. I was moved to another room which was not a suite like the first one. I was not compensated for the change of room. The second room had hairs in the tub and on the bed after I pulled the covers down. The last room was ok but when I woke up I had over a dozen bites on my legs and arms. Most of the housekeeping staff do not speak English so there was no communicating with them. When you called the front desk to complain they always said call me back I'm busy checking people in. This is an old hotel which in itself is not bad but it is not kept up, there are stains everywhere. The TV volume only goes up so high so I had to sit at the edge of the bed to hear it. I will not stay here ever again and will not recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and had some issues. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can make things right.

John Cummings

Write a ReviewReviews (1,352)

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have never wrote a negative review about a hotel, but I feel the need to warn others about this AWFUL dump!

It took three hours to check-in due to a communication error between the booking site and the hotel. We were refused a room until I negotiated with the booking agency. I thought it was so unprofessional that the staff wouldn't even lift a finger to find out what the problem was, and that I was forced to do their job.

After the "problem" was resolved, we finally got settled in our room (168). The room was very dated and half the lamps did not work.

My eight month old son was travelling with us, and as he was crawling around the floor, I noticed that he picked something off the floor and was putting it towards his mouth. It was a jube-jube candy that was left by the previous guests. The room hadn't even been properly cleaned! At this point I was furious.

The phones did not work for the entire stay. We had requested a wake up call to catch our morning flight. The man at the front desk promised someone would come to our room in the morning and wake us up. (THAT NEVER HAPPENED, thankfully the walls were so thin that other guests woke us up nice and early.) He also had a man come check the phone (who was actually a very nice person.) But nothing could be done to the fix the problem.

But here's the kicker. As my husband and I were getting ready to go to sleep (around midnight) our front door swung wide open. Apparently the front desk employee had checked other guests into our room. They seemed just as frustrated as we were.

I went down to the front desk to see what happened. Our keys were deactivated and we could not get back into the room so my husband stayed. I was told to go back to our room and the keys would be delivered shortly. THEY WERE NOT. The night staff were TERRIBLY SLOW and RUDE. They had no idea what was going on.

In the morning, we were packing up to leave (thank god) and a small lizard ran under the air conditioner.

Stay here if you like, but don't say I didn't warn you when you have the worst hotel experience of your life. There are plenty of other reputable hotel chains along McCoy Road that would be much more accommodating.

1  Thank Chudder
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. The issues that you descried in your review were brought up in our last staff meeting and we have changed policy and procedure so they wont happen again. Never the less I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and would like to make hings right.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
travelodgeoia, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The bathroom in the first room we were given had been used by someone. When I went to the front desk they did not apologize nor compensate for the inconvenience. Would not stay at this hotel again as the carpets were dirty and the staff unfriendly and inefficient.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
travelodgeoia, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am truly sorry that your stay did not go as planed. Please contact me directly and I ensure that I will make things right.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rob D
travelodgeoia, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I can vouch for many of the positives and negatives I read in reviews, and believe people are a bit harsh on judging a value hotel.

I got in a day late bc my flight stranded me in Atlanta the night before, and they that turned out to be a good thing bc they were out of standard rooms (except 1 which the front desk lady said was no good), and she was super-nice and upgraded me to a suite - Room 151

From conversation, I've learned there are nice rooms, and not so nice rooms, so I think it's important for reviewers to mention rooms so future people know.

Pros:
* Room was quiet, and clean enough for the cost - there were no bugs, at least in my room - I agree that bugs are an absolute no-no
* Common area looks nice & clean
* Free parking, wifi, breakfast, airport shuttle
* Great location, very close to airport, nearby fast food & convenience stores
* A/C works very well and is very powerful, did not have any issues with water or drains

* Staff is the best part about the hotel - they recognize the hotel has issues and try to make your life the best possible, the shuttle drivers are courteous and friendly, people are working in the garden all day - I think the key is that if you have a complaint, voice it to them and they will do their best to correct it
Seriously, the staff does A+ work and should be commended

* Cost - I won this hotel for $46/night after-tax on Priceline. For a mere $46 a night, you cannot be expecting 4* accommodations! I travel nice for business and cheap for pleasure, so I have basis for comparison, and this place is perfectly acceptable for a 2* place. If you cannot tolerate bad rooms, get a suite. It's worth the extra $ from what I experienced.

Cons:
* I can see why some people complain about cleanliness if they have hotel expectations - there are stains on the carpet, permanent grease marks on tables, and rust on the towel racks, but that's understandable given the age of the property and price range!
* They lose 1* because the free wifi sucks, and the signal does not extend to the suites area, so I had no wifi connection in my room and had to use my phone to tether, which is unacceptable bc I lost one of the amenities of the property
John - Please get stronger routers
* Breakfast ends too early at 9am, you cannot complain about crowdedness bc it's free!
* Airport shuttle does not run between 12-5am, which doesnt seem like a problem, but there are a lot of flights landing near midnight at MCO
John - 24 hour shuttles would be nice

So, reviewers, moderate your expectations and please list the rooms that you have trouble with, and give the staff a chance to fix your issues! I would 100% stay here again and proactively ask the staff for a clean room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank prodigiouswizard
travelodgeoia, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay. Your comments and concerns have been noted. We are planing on upgrading the internet in the next few months. Furthermore senor management in working on a way to provide the shuttle 24 hours. Once again thank you for your comments and kind words for the staff. Travelodge Orlando Airport values each and every guest hat we have the pleasure of hosting and tries to provided 5 star service to each and every guest. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the next future.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

From checkin, breakfast, checkout and the room itself this was a great stay. I had to change my dates for my reservation and John helped me out and was so nice. Dinesh checked us in and was so nice, he went over different things about the hotel and places to eat. The next morning when we came down for breakfast and the morning after that, breakfast was so, so great. I couldn't believe how well stocked and clean it was. Cindy kept it going, I told my grandmother she was like the enegizer bunny, she never stopped going, she was restocking, wiping tables or filling coffee. She was the best. She even helped me make a waffle. When it came time to check out, Tre-nee' helped me and I was having a bad day, vacation sucked, and she asked if I was ok and I started crying explaining I was having a bad day, she said she was sorry and hoped that I had a better rest of the day. It was nice to have someone ask, usually people just pass by or ignore you but she took the time to ask and it was nice. So long story short, even though my vacation was a huge waste of time, Travelodge was great and has some great people working for them.

1  Thank Lydia E

Thank you for your feedback and kind comments regarding our staff. Travelodge Orlando Airport takes great pride in the value of service and accommodations we give each and every guest we have the pleasure of hosting at the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.