“horrible, didnt sleep good could hear everything outside...”

Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport
Ranked #307 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Twin City
“horrible, didnt sleep good could hear everything outside...”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

horrible, didnt sleep good could hear everything outside the room, bed was uncomfortable, and there was roaches.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Clifford K
travelodgeoia, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are surprised that you could hear noise late in the night and I am sorry regarding that. As far as the bedding we are always upgrading the product in our rooms. Please contact me directly when making your next reservation and I will ensure that you will be taken care of and put in a upgraded room. Once again that you for your business and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Best Regards

John Cummings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Turkish first
Southampton
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I found this place on Bookit.com. Never again will I try to save money. My children and I arrived in Orlando at 9:00pm. The shuttle service was good and it went downhill from there. The first room we were assigned (all the way around back) had not been made up and it reeked of pee. The phone didn't work, so the kids and I had to drag our luggage back to the front desk. They gladly assigned us a new room. (The staff was friendly but looked frazzled) The bathroom in room #2 was filthy! It also reeked of pee and the tub was so dirty I wouldn't have bathed my dog in it. When I pulled out the sleeper sofa the sheets were dirty so back the the front desk I went. I was given sheets, a blanket and a pillow all of which were old and dingy. We were all so tired we just went to sleep. In the morning we got out of there asap. I would recommend spending an extra $20.00 or so and stay somewhere else. I wish I had.

Room Tip: Avoid this place.
1 Thank Marcia T
Thank you for your comments feedback such as yours helps up fine tune our operation. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the quality of accommodation that you were given. All front desk clerks are empowered to do what ever it takes to make things right. Please contact me directly to ensure that we do just that.

John Cummings

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Adelaide
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We needed a place to crash before going to the airport the next morning so we chose the cheap Travelodge Inn. For $49, we got a clean room, a swimming pool and a decent breakfast.
The hotel is pretty basic but for $49 a night, we weren't expecting grand luxury.

A good overnight option in our opinion

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
travelodgeoia, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Travelodge Orlando Airport strives to provided quality accommodation at affordable prices and free Breakfast with hot waffles to all our valued guests. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future during your next stay in Orlando Florida
Madison
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Worst hotel by far we have ever stayed at and will never again stay at another Travelodge. Upon arrival toilet not flushing, microwave not working and no phone in room and fan in bathroom not working. Room smelled and had to buy air freshener. Called desk X 4 to complain but didn't even answer twice. Went to desk twice to complain and told maintance man also driving airport shuttle. After about 4 hrs toilet fixed but left old parts laying on floor and still on floor 6 days later. Never did get a phone or microwave fixed. Also had bugs in sink and counters. PM desk staff were rude and condisending, never smiled or seemed to care that their facility is crappy. they were even rude to our travel agent when she called to address our complants and wanting to check out early. No one wearing name tag so couldn't complain about a specific individual. Smoke alarm in room went off during early AM but stopped on own. Wouldn't be suprised if there was a fire as none of outlets were attached to wall. We were told we could check out early but then when we tried were told we couldn't. Horrible service and experience. Rooms don't look at all like pictures but pool was good. Obviously no one gives a crap about customer service here.

Room Tip: Wouldn't advise anyone staying here
1 Thank Sue J
travelodgeoia, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. Please contact me directly as I would like to make things right. Each room all Items in the room such as phones and microwaves are checked to ensure that they are in good working order before the room is rented to a guest. I am not sure what happened in your case but invite you to contact me so I can get more details. I am hoping that you will give us another change next time you are in Orlando Florida.
Jacksonville
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Room dirty, refrigerator frozen and wouldn't shut, couch broken leg resembled discarded from eviction, hot water spiratic, staff very accommodating, comforter stained and soiled very gross, broken counters. Breakfast not competitive to other hotels for $160.00 a night. This hotel us worth $70.00 a night .internet is satelite and cannot hold signal dial up would be better! Staff tried best to give great service they deserve upgrades!!! Hotel yucky staff great!

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. I am sorry that your stay was less then stellar and would like to make thing right. Please contact me directly so we can look into the issues that you described. I look forward to hearing from you
United States
Reviewed March 29, 2013

All the negative reviews are absolutely correct and on target. For your and family safety including health, do not patronize this establishment. Don't let the hotel lobby mislead you; the rest of the hotel is run down, filthy, unsanitary, and should not be presented as a service lodging business. We were offered by an airline to stay here due to flight cancellation. Don't accept this hotel even if free!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for your feedback. Please contact me directly as I will need more information on the issues you experienced
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed here for convience to airport in morning. There were homeless and vagrants wandering on property. The Bathroom was stained. The Front Desk was dirty and cluttered. The Breakfast area was sticky, dirty and smelly. I did not pull the sheets back so I slept in clothes on top.
Check out was a disaster as there was many, many other disasstisfied customers trying to complain. The front desk staff basically left to avoid any angry customers.
Avoid staying here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We have changed to company that dose our housekeeping to insure that the issues that you described will and have been fixed. I am hoping that you will give us another chance during your next stay to show you we have and continue to make changes in order to service all our valued guests

Best Regards,