“Needs Renovation, Bad Service”

Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport
Ranked #308 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Boston, Massachusetts
“Needs Renovation, Bad Service”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

When I drove myself to the hotel, there was 1 employee at the check-in desk helping 2 gentlemen. I asked where the elevator was and my room as I had the number. She didn't know the answer to either question. I found the elevator myself, outside, beyond the pool. It looked questionable.

The room had 2 double beds, was extremely humid (it was nicer outside) and a craptacular cooling/heating unit. The bathroom was almost clean as I found a large dead bug on the floor and the toilet seat cover had a long crack in it. Also, my pillowcase had dark black stains on it. I reported these problems to a man upon check out.

The free breakfast consists of cold cereals, a make-your-own waffle machine, hot oatmeal packets, and bread. They also have tea bags and juice. Milk only comes in a pitcher and I believe it was 2% or whole milk.

I booked this as a blind offer from Priceline for $39.00. You get what you pay for. I thought at the time it was a great deal. I was wrong.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LisaKB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Turkish first
Monroe
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Subject: Travelodge Inn & Suites Orlando Airport
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States, North America
Title: Not Good
ID#: 151960425

The room did not have towels, furniture (couch) was very dirty and old, my wife had bug bites on her legs

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John R
Fremont, OH
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed two nights at this hotel. It wasn't fancy but it was spacious and CLEAN! The pool and hot tub was nice. It was very quiet at night. Overall, I had a nice, relaxing stay. Great value and I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank TravelingFriend67
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a cheap place to stay. The bathroom had a musty smell. The clock radio did not work (it was replaced). Light in bathroom broken. Someone else's doggie bag was left in the fridge. (Dried out pasta). But, the real reason for for my anger is the $ 2.95 they added to my Visa without my knowledge. Not much money, but, when I called, they said it was mandatory. Really ? Said it was for the pool (HUH ? This is Florida, we deduct if you do not have a pool.) And for the breakfast which according to my prepaid agreement was included in the prepaid price. Just do not like sneakiness. Would not stay there again. There are far too many other places nearby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I would not stay here or at any of the Wyndham properties again. We were booked into this hotel for one night after flying into Orlando. Unfortunately our flight got cancelled due to a storm in Toronto and couldn`t get another flight til a day later. After going through our itinerary and figuring out what place was going to have to be shortened, we starting calling to rework the bookings of our hotels to accommodate this fiasco, last minute. Both the Best Western in the Keys and the Carousel Beach Inn in Fort Myers were VERY accommodating and dropped the cancellation fees to rework our reservation. HOWEVER Travelodge DIDN`T. It was the only hotel that would not drop the cancellation fees and charged us an extra night. Well instead of booking the next night into the Travelodge, we booked somewhere else. So Travelodge you may have got our money for the one night, but you will NEVER get our service again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel was very efficient for our needs. The staff was particularly helpful and cheerful. Cindy in the breakfast room(Made us fresh coffee) and Dinesh at the desk. Room was clean and we got an upgrade to a suite which was nice to have an extra room. We will use the hotel again when we need an overnight in Orlando.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank eileen d
Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Was a great deal but i had a bit of trouble finding it right away i drove by since the sign wasnt lit up that night,, overall very quick service check in and room was fine,,The check out person very Nice Dinesh and he was helpful when i had questions about the area upon leaving.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CummingsJohn, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay with us. The Management and Staff takes great pride in the value of service and accommodations that we provide each and every guest we host on a daily basis. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you during your next stay in Orlando.

Best Regards,