“THE WORST EXPERIENCE I EVER HAD”

Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport
Ranked #303 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 4, 2013

On arrival the room was sstill dirty at 2:30pm the desk clerk gave me keys to a dirty room without notice that the maid did not clean the room just stripe the bed. Everytime I left the room the key had to be reactivated. I reserved a king non smoking room instead I recieved a double bed room. I had bad customer service and no contact by management.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TINA P
There are newer reviews for Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Smelly, musty room with old worn-out linen and blankets. Toilet of dubious substances on walls, carpet dirty. 'Free' shuttle led us to miss our plane taking over an hour to arrive. This is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. Avoid like the plague.....and then there's the breakfast which is another story!

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs.
1  Thank John J
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I booked a night through expedia.com - it indicated that I would only be charged $51 for the night, all taxes and fees included. Upon check-in, we were asked to provide a credit card for incidentals. At check-out, we were informed that we did not incur any charges. We were also informed that the hotel offers COMPLIMENTARY shuttle service to and from the airport and a continental breakfast in the morning. Never were we ever informed that we had to pay anything more than what we paid already at booking time.

Imagine my surprise when my credit card came and I saw a bill from them. I called to inquire, and was told that it was the "resort fee" - to cover the "complimentary" shuttle and breakfast and pool. When I inquired about why I was not informed of this, I was told by the manager, "It is not option, just like taxes, so why bother?" I was told that it was expedia.com's fault for not informing me of such charges, and I should contact expedia.com for a refund. Expedia.com said that as they were not the ones to charged me, I had to go back to the hotel.

Granted, the fee is minimal ($2.95) and that is not what upsets me. It is the way this charge was billed - they deliberately misled us with inaccurate information then tried to argue that since it was mandatory fee, there was no point to tell me about it.

Like, really?!

1  Thank joy0103
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Absolutely horrific stay. Filthy corridors and very old property and room. Anyhting metallic in the room was rusted and full of dust. The toilet had black colors all over it - if you want to use it, you have to stand and use it. The worst part is the room we were put in was next to the elevator and the whole walls and beds vibrates like crazy (like an earthquake) when people move up or down in the elevator. When I enquired about the sound the front desk acted as if they are unaware of the sound, but later when I called back after I realized it is elavator makign the sound, they bluntly refused my plea to change rooms eventhough they seeem to be well aware of this problem. Probably can't blame them because this might be the case even if I am about three or four rooms away from the elvator. I could sense the vibration when I was out of my room and walked away from the room. The elevator ruined our whole nights sleep. The fact is you would be able to sleep in the hotel only if you are lucky to get far far way from the elevators, whic hmight be 2-3 rooms in the whole property. Even if an extra 40-50 bucks could get you another decent hotel, go for it - I am sure you will not regret it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2013

feeling of uncleanliness, hallways dim, sheets improper fit, mattress gross & too hard,oversized room, scary neighborhood, no sense of security, many police officers in building in the am from an early am crime.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Travelers also viewed these Orlando hotels
Sleep Inn & Suites Airport
Best Western Airport Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall
Comfort Suites Orlando Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando South

Been to Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport

Address: 1853 McCoy Rd, SR 528 To Exit 8, Orlando, FL 32809-7817 (Formerly Travelodge Inn and Suites Orlando Airport)
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #303 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Price Range: $55 - $112 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport 2*
Located just 3 miles from Orlando Airport and 2 miles from the Florida Mall, you have your choice of two double beds, 1 king bed, or a two room suite. All rooms features free WIFI, microwave/refrigertor, hairdryer, iron, ironing boards, and coffeemaker. Complimentary airport shuttle. 1785 square feet of meeting space great for family reunions, wedding receptions, meetings. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Orlando Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Inn & Suites Orlando Airport Hotel Orlando