“Well kept - but no wi fi ..”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Airport North
Ranked #187 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Malmo, Sweden
“Well kept - but no wi fi ..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2009

Stayed for two nights.
This la Quinta was well kept and room well suited for working. The wi fi didnt work and the reception kind of didnt care all that much - and honestly nor did I since I was busy with other things. But pointing it out two times did not help ..
The housekeeping (cleaners) were efficient and the room spotless - bed comfy and breakfast area over crowded in the morning.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Midwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2009

We stayed there the night prior to our flight back home. It was close to our car return and the airport. The price was fair, the front desk personal was nice and the rooms were large and clean. I will be staying there again on my next visit to Florida.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2009

Friendly staff. Free WiFi. Standard continental breakfast. Shuttle runs to the airport at the top of every hour but the friendly staff gave us a ride at half past the hour to make our flight. Many chain restaurants within walking distance. There is a small park with a walking trail just to the west. Airport Lakes park. Good for jogging or walking, not much else. This hotel was clean, fresh and a very good value.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Welsh lady
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2009

Best airport hotel near Orlando airport we have stayed in - not too big, attractive with lots of character - clean - sauna and swimming pool - highly recommended, will definitely use again

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

I stayed just one night at this LQ to avoid a drive to the airport in the morning after a week long stay on the coast. I called enroute and was able to book a king suite for $85.

Check in was quick and easy. Parking isn't so great. I had to park on the opposite end of the building from my room, so needed to walk the entire length of the hallway from the back to the front to get to my room. One of the two elevators was out of service, the other was in the need of a good cleaning.

The room was large and the best was very comfortable. It was decently clean, although I hate when they reuse laminated signs over and over without at least wiping them down - especially when they are placed on your bed pillow. Mine was regarding linen service and was sticky and gross. Needless to say, I didn't use that pillow.

The bathroom was clean and pretty standard.

I attempted to use the business center's computer to print my boarding pass for the plane, but could not get the printer to work. When I inquired at the desk, they had me come back into the manager's office to use his computer.

Throughout the stay, I was bombarded by signs, stickers (on the toilet paper roll!) and notes that essentially begged for at least an "8 out of 10" rating - and to contact the manager if there were any problems. I wouldn't give it an 8 out of 10, but didn't contact the manager - it would take a lot of work to the place to get an 8, in my opinion.

Otherwise, breakfast was the good for LQ - muffins, bread, bagels, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, waffles, juices, coffee.

Overall, the location was perfect for my short stay, and the hotel was adequate. I would not stay there for any extended period of time if in Orlando longer.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Saint Paul, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

We stayed here one night before a morning flight since it is very close to the airport and within 5 minutes from car rental places near the airport. The staff was great, the hotel was very clean, and the location was great and the price could not have been better. The room was perfect for the 3 of us for one night (2 adults, one 9 year old child), but if we had stayed there longer, I might have felt a little cramped. The beds were very comfortable. For the price, I belive the location would be good for visting the various theme parks....I would say 20 minute drive or so. The free breakfast was standard for most hotel chains and actually surprising that it is offered at these prices. Checkin was breeze and took less than 30 seconds since we were LaQuinta members and had book through the LaQuinta website.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Sunny Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2009

We stayed at this hotel due to an early flight out of MCO. The hotel had a shuttle that departed every 30 minutes, although we parked our own car. Breakfast was provided as well, although we left the hotel before it was set up yet. Staff was nice, wake up call was on time, and the location was very easy to the airport. Not sure what else you can ask for with this type of stay...

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple