“Great place and so convenient to the airport”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Airport North
Ranked #159 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We love La Quinta inns! They are affordable, convenient, pet-friendly and always clean. This La Quinta is no different, with the added bonus of being mere minutes from the Orlando airport. When we checked in, we were greeted warmly and invited (immediately) to schedule a wake-up call and sign up for the airport shuttle the next morning. The room was spotless and comfortable, with a wealth of clean towels and ample water pressure. Although we were close to a runway approach, we could hardly hear the roar of close-flying jets.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bethy A
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I last stayed at this hotel 3 years ago. Since then. the rooms and the carpeting in the halls has been updated. The new tv has an awesome remote with a schedule of what is on. A click brings you right to that program Very helpful! The breakfast area is bigger, but still just toast your own bread/bagels, hard boiled eggs, juice & cereal. Area is kept full and clean. The free airport shuttle got me there in 10 minutes. I stayed 2 non consecutive nights. My first floor request was honored both times. Staff was friendly, everyone said hello as they passed you in the halls. Good place to stay with a dog as the dog park is a few miles north. A few things I did not like: reviewers posted 2 weeks ago about the first floor ice machine, it was still broken; parking places seemed bigger, but left side lot was extremely dark. Even with my dog, I was uncomfortable.You can hear the planes from the odd numbered rooms, but hotel was quiet otherwise. I have already booked a stay for next month, as the hotel just happened to be close to where I wanted to go in Orlando.

Room Tip: I did not hear the planes when I stayed in an even numbered (pool side) room. Check back after you b...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here the night before our cruise left from Port Canaveral in June, 2013. We had 4 rooms and a total of 10 people. The hotel staff made sure our rooms were all together and they made sure we had enough towels and pillows. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The front desk clerk, Danny was very helpful in arranging for a shuttle to take all 10 of us out to meet our ship. There was plenty of room for all of us and all of our luggage. He even got us a discount because we filled up the shuttle in one trip. The hotel was very quiet even though it was nearly fully booked. Breakfast was nice. They had breakfast pastries, fresh fruit, juice, milk, hard boiled eggs, cold cereals, coffee and tea. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I didn't think hotel chains did this anymore. I reserved my room with my credit card and had a late flight into Orlando. I called them the same afternoon, reminding them I'd be arriving late (around midnight). Then there was a weather delay and I called them again, saying I'd be there at 3 AM. They said "Fine" and I figured with a credit card hold the room was mine. When I showed up at 3 AM, it was "Sorry, we overbooked. We've got a room being held at another La Quinta. It's 26 miles north of here but we'll cover the cab fare."
I simply told them, "No. Period. Not leaving," and that I had people picking me up in a few hours who would not want to chase all over the area looking for me." I pointed to the sofa in the lobby and told the desk clerk that I'd be sleeping right there.
He fidgeted around on the reservation system and said, "Okay, I found a room, but get there quickly because there's a guy coming from the airport and I'm giving you his room."
I'd been using La Quinta for years until that night. Never ever again!!

Room Tip: Someone recently told me that when you're going to be late, you can actually check-in to the roo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo