“Loved it! Ideal for short stays.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Airport North
Ranked #179 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on my arrival from an overseas flight at Orlando International Airport on my way to another destination and a second time before returning to London. The hotel is well located for people travelling further by car as it provides free parking.
When I arrived late in the afternoon at La Quinta, the hotel was undergoing some refurbishing, which created a bit construction disorder, so the lobby area where breakfast is served and the hallways near the reception looked muddled. The outdoor pool area also appeared to be uncared for and there was no one to be seen there. Fortunately this had no bearing on the rest of the hotel facilities, namely from the first floor upwards. The following day the complimentary breakfast was served in a clean and tidy environment in the lobby area.
My room was very spacious and spotless with a double bed, a writing desk with a connection cable for internet access, TV, coffee/tea makers and a fridge. In my view, all one can possibly need for a short stay. Local calls are complimentary as is often the case in the US.
When I returned to La Quinta on my way back to London , there were no traces of the previous refurbishing works. The reception area and pool were impeccable and I had the chance to bask peacefully in the sun for a few hours before driving to the airport on the following day.
The location and services provided by this hotel suited very well the purpose of my stay and I can definitely recommend it for travellers, like myself, who get off a plane, rent a car and drive to other places. The staff were very efficient and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Airport North

Reviewed August 24, 2011

This is my second stay at this location. I live in Orlando but have had AC problems at home so La Quinta is a good option for me as it is fairly close to home. The room as well as the bathroom were spotless. It has a nice little coffee maker with Maxwell coffee, a small fridge and microwave. I would enjoy the breakfast buffet a lot more if they had scrambled eggs instead of hard boiled eggs but there were a variety of breads, bagels, cereals, yogurt and juices as well as coffee. The staff are always helpful and friendly. The only negative are the doors. You can't really close them quietly and you can hear a lot of dooring banging in the early a.m. When I need a staycation, La Quinta fills my needs.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2011

This hotel offers shuttle service to Orlando Airport. The reason we chose this La Quinta was to stay overnight when we returned from Milwaukee. We were able to keep our car parked there for up to 7 days. They offer shuttle service from 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. You need to schedule the departing time but for the return it is on demand. We only had to wait 5 minutes before the shuttle arrived to pick us up at the airport.

The rooms and clean and spacious. The front desk help was wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I stayed here 1 night & found this property to be excellent. It was much quieter than the other La Quinta West airport location & a much nicer property. The pool was nice to chill out for a few hours. TGI Fridays is 5-10 min walk. Bonefish Grill, Longhorn, Tony Romas are all also very close - maybe 15-20 min walk. This area is primarily hotels, offices & as a single female had no trouble walking around. There are also plenty of fast food restaurants very close - Wendys, Arbys, Chipotle etc. I had in room wi-fi & there is a computer/printer for use in the lobby. I didn't eat breakfast here so I can't speak about that. I paid about 75.00 to stay here and will do so again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Lem1
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I made a reservation for the night of March 15, 2011. I chose it because of its moderate pricing, its proximity to the airport and because it had a shuttle. I planned to check in and take the shuttle over to the Orlando Airport to meet my cousin who was due to arrive at 5:00 PM.
I arrived at the hotel around 4 PM. I was not able to check in until close to 4:30PM because a couple who had made a reservation well in advance for a handicapped room had arrived to find that there were no such rooms left and the staff couldn't find them in the database. The entire desk staff was involved in this situation, so another person and I had to wait.
After I had come down from the room to go to the airport, I found out that I would have to wait to take the shuttle. Apparently the shuttle driver for that afternoon was one of desk staff and had to finish work at the desk before going to the airport. Finally, close to 5 PM, we were on the way to the airport. The driver evidently was not too familiar with airport procedures and missed the van entrance. We ended up at the place for cars. Fortunately, I was able to exit there and get my cousin.
Our room was satisfactory except for a toilet that did not flush properly. The complimentary breakfast was pretty much standard fare.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank tomjackfl
Reviewed June 16, 2011

The La Quinta at North Frontage Road is virtually bumped against the Orlando International Airport, but at prices that would make you think you are far from Central Florida's gateway. The La Quinta is as nice and comfortable as most of the competitors that are within sight. The La Quinta competes with Courtyard, Holiday Inn and many other top-notch hotels, but with an advantage - budget value. Breakfast is free and includes cereal bagels and Belgian waffles. The housekeepers are among the best I've ever seen and keep the facility in top condition. The front desk staff is more helpful and friendly that I've experienced and much fancier hotels. My room featured a spacious work desk, a king bed overflowing with pillows, a recliner, refrigerator and coffee maker. With military ID (I was in town for military training), the rate was around $62 per night, a considerable savings over the competitors. I was just as close to the casual dining restaurants as guests in the Renaissance or Courtyard, so location is not an issue. If you are in town and want the convenience of an airport shuttle and can live without an on-site restaurant or coffee bar, then save yourself some money and stay at La Quinta.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Have stayed here before but probably won't again. We were in a room that had just been refurbished. The linens were nice although still in 1980's colors; the bed was comfortable. The carpet was new. Nothing had been done to the bathroom. The tub had soap scum stains on the bottom and the grout was moldy. The room's door was dirty - as if coffee had been spilled on it years ago and never wiped up. The air conditioner didn't work well although the wall controls looked new. The walls didn't look clean. It was like they put clean clothes on a dirty body. They would have been far better served to have scrubbed everything down before trying to dress things up.

The staff was extremely friendly- the best part of the experience.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a best room.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family