“Some good, some bad”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Airport North
Ranked #179 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I made a reservation for the night of March 15, 2011. I chose it because of its moderate pricing, its proximity to the airport and because it had a shuttle. I planned to check in and take the shuttle over to the Orlando Airport to meet my cousin who was due to arrive at 5:00 PM.
I arrived at the hotel around 4 PM. I was not able to check in until close to 4:30PM because a couple who had made a reservation well in advance for a handicapped room had arrived to find that there were no such rooms left and the staff couldn't find them in the database. The entire desk staff was involved in this situation, so another person and I had to wait.
After I had come down from the room to go to the airport, I found out that I would have to wait to take the shuttle. Apparently the shuttle driver for that afternoon was one of desk staff and had to finish work at the desk before going to the airport. Finally, close to 5 PM, we were on the way to the airport. The driver evidently was not too familiar with airport procedures and missed the van entrance. We ended up at the place for cars. Fortunately, I was able to exit there and get my cousin.
Our room was satisfactory except for a toilet that did not flush properly. The complimentary breakfast was pretty much standard fare.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank tomjackfl
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Airport North

Reviewed June 16, 2011

The La Quinta at North Frontage Road is virtually bumped against the Orlando International Airport, but at prices that would make you think you are far from Central Florida's gateway. The La Quinta is as nice and comfortable as most of the competitors that are within sight. The La Quinta competes with Courtyard, Holiday Inn and many other top-notch hotels, but with an advantage - budget value. Breakfast is free and includes cereal bagels and Belgian waffles. The housekeepers are among the best I've ever seen and keep the facility in top condition. The front desk staff is more helpful and friendly that I've experienced and much fancier hotels. My room featured a spacious work desk, a king bed overflowing with pillows, a recliner, refrigerator and coffee maker. With military ID (I was in town for military training), the rate was around $62 per night, a considerable savings over the competitors. I was just as close to the casual dining restaurants as guests in the Renaissance or Courtyard, so location is not an issue. If you are in town and want the convenience of an airport shuttle and can live without an on-site restaurant or coffee bar, then save yourself some money and stay at La Quinta.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Have stayed here before but probably won't again. We were in a room that had just been refurbished. The linens were nice although still in 1980's colors; the bed was comfortable. The carpet was new. Nothing had been done to the bathroom. The tub had soap scum stains on the bottom and the grout was moldy. The room's door was dirty - as if coffee had been spilled on it years ago and never wiped up. The air conditioner didn't work well although the wall controls looked new. The walls didn't look clean. It was like they put clean clothes on a dirty body. They would have been far better served to have scrubbed everything down before trying to dress things up.

The staff was extremely friendly- the best part of the experience.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a best room.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelMaven9867
Reviewed May 6, 2011

I have stayed at this chain in other cities and had a good experience. Can't say that about Orlando - the room stank, was gloomy, bath was dirty, property not very pleasant. The people at the hotel were friendly and the shuttle driver was on time and very nice. Wouldn't stay there again. My clothes and everything I had out in the room smelled horrible when I got home.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shelley2018
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I don't know what hotel the other people that rated this LQ stayed at, but it couldn't have been the Orlando North La Quinta .

My room was designated nonsmoking, but it had clearly been a smoking room in the past (for many years) and they hadn't ripped out the wallpaper/carpet/bedding/curtains, etc... to rid the room of the smell. The smoke combined with the damp of Central Florida knocked you over upon entry into the room - each and every time you came in.

The shower in my room had lots of mold in the grout and though I'm not big into aesthetics, the room was just ugly. It needed some new paint, proper patch jobs and updated bedding. New beds would be nice too, they were very uncomfortable.

Once a day, every day, someone from the local pizza company came and put their menu through the crack in the bottom of the door which felt like a violation of privacy when they did it when I was in the room.

On the plus side, the staff seemed helpful based on my limited interaction with them and the water pressure in the shower was great because they didn't have a low flow shower head.

I don't have really high standards for a hotel. I've stayed at other LQs before - in many places in the country - this was by far the worst LQ I've been at and possibly the worst hotel I've ever stayed in in my life. I would rather sleep in my rental car next time.

Room Tip: Get the best room by staying somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank redglamour715
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I chose this hotel based on the reviews already posted and its being situated close to the airport. Stayed a couple of nights enroute to other destination. The hotel facilities are a little "tired". My room was clean, the bed comfortable. The shower didn't work very well. There is internet access but not wifi. The breakfast included in the price was disappointing. The only hot food available, waffles and toast, fresh fruit consisted of sliced oranges and that wasn't available on the second morning. The pool area is functional, pool furniture basic. The pool didn't appear to have been cleaned that day. The staff were helpful but nothing special.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Our daughter was getting married in the Bahamas and those coming needed a place to stay for the night(s) before the cruise and some for a night after. The staff at the hotel were excellent in their knowledge of the hotel, and if anyone in our group needed anything, all the staff made sure that we were completely satisfied. The pool was warm and clean, the breakfast provided every morning was great, with a wide choice of food and drinks.
We had some extra requests to make the cruise even more enjoyable, and the staff at La Quinta went out of their way to make sure that our entire cruise/wedding experience was the best it could possibly be. This was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family