Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown
$161
$227
$208
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$197
$137
Agoda.com
$314
$255
$137
$122
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
Orbitz.com
$473
$458
Orbitz.com
All reviewsamway centerbob carrking suitecitrus bowlself parkingfree shuttlevalet staffwalk in showershuttle servicepool and hot tubclose to downtownbed was very comfortablethe hotel offerscoffee makerihgshutterscouch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 13, 2011

The rooms are nice and the facility is fine' but every staff person we interfaced was awful. The front desk was unresponsive to two requests for a fan problem (maintenance did fix it the second night after the third request) and half the time there was no one even present at the desk for long periods of time. We tried breakfast one morning, but here was a single person handling everything and she was woefully behind. The food was good, but it took over an hour to get it. The bartender was very impersonal, slow and slovenly dressed.
Not nearly worth paying full price for, but OK if you get it cheap through Hotwire, etc.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
CrownePlazaOrlandoDT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2011

Dear WEO111,

Thank you for staying with the Crowne Plaza in Downtown Orlando in January 2011. We appreciate the great comments about our facility. We pride ourselves as a great upscale hotel in Downtown Orlando and happy you liked the property!
Your comments about the staff are very shocking and disappointing. We apologize for any inconvenience and frustrations it caused during your stay. We will use your feedback to improve our services for when you return and for all future guests visiting the Crowne Downtown Orlando.

Again, we thank you for staying with us and look forward to having you back as our guest in the near future!

Crowne Plaza - Orlando Downtown
www.cporlandodwtn.com
407-241-1251

Reviewed December 27, 2010

This hotel will PUSH their "complementary" chauffer service on you at every given opportunity. Here's the problem with this service:

the hotel is located by a freeway; an odd spot yet once you familiarise yourself you can manage to get about by walking. however, it doesn't appear so upon check in and they will use this to their advantage. upon chatting up their service, "a FREE chauffer service providing your destination is within 3 miles of the hotel" -you can't refuse. here's the catch which is NEVER explained to you initially... once boarded and en route, should your trip be a return (i.e., quick pick up of toiletries, lunch, etc) your options are as follows: a $10.00 fee (they make it very clear to you this does NOT include gratuity), you can ring the hotel to have a different car collect you (which makes no sense and the drivers NEVER have the hotel number to give you) OR you can ring for a yellow taxi (which in the state of Florida will not only cost you dearly but you'll also have to wait at least 30 mins for pick up -again, providing you already have their number because as you were not made aware you'd be dumped on the side of the road, you of course don't have the number for a yellow taxi -and count on the driver not having it either).
now, $10 for a return is not a bad deal. much less dear than a yellow taxi yet the passenger should be advised of any fees BEFORE setting out and not at midpoint!!! I gave this service 3 opportunities to prove themselves -chalking up the first as a miscommunication yet it's not the case at all. you WILL be misinformed PURPOSELY so as to leave you with no other option but to pay for a "FREE" service (plus tip them for their thievery). again, it's much less dear than taking a yellow taxi but the cost is not the issue but the DECEPTION used to get it. don't advertise your service as a FREE service when clearly it is NOT and also, advise your customers of the cost, if any, associated with the ride BEFOREHAND and not mid way.

it's a racket folks and use with caution. they will also change their policy after 7pm. quickly I, in dire desperation, had no choice but to use their service one evening. already aware from a prior mishap the fare would not be free but a tenner, I was prepared to suck up the cost. come to learn again at midpoint of the journey, after 7pm the fare is $10 BOTH WAYS (not including gratuity) but again, this was not communicated to me before departure but at midpoint when I clearly had no other choice but to agree.

the hotel's manager(s) will hear you out and compensate you a fruit platter aka a warm bottle of milk for the screaming child. quite frankly I would prefer they not rob me and skip the fruit.

USE THEIR CHAUFFER SERVICE WITH CAUTION!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank nofarsfads
CrownePlazaOrlandoDT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2010

Ms. NoFarsFads,

After reading your review, we wanted to start by saying we are sincerely sorry for all the frustrations you had while using the transportation company. As I am sure you are aware, the town car/chauffer service, ExecuCar, is not staffed or managed by the Crowne Plaza but are under contract for transportation of our guests. This arrangement was made per our guests request for a reliable and safe transportation company. This is no excuse for the poor service you may have received, but wanted to update you that the comments you have shared have been passed on to the management of ExecuCar transportation company as we do not have direct control of their drivers.
After meeting with many transportation companies, we found ExcuCar to be the most reliable and convenient service for our guests. They are operated by SuperShuttle International, a wholly owned subsidiary of Veolia Transportation, a global leader in the transportation industry.
Our transportation services provided for all guest are complimentary from 7:00am to 7:00pm with in a three mile radius of the hotel. This service is only from the hotel and not a round trip as per our feedback from frequent guests. The drivers hand out their business cards to the guests for future pick ups, which allows everyone to schedule themselves accordingly.

Again, we apologize for any miscommunication about our services. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards and Happy Holidays,

Crowne Plaza - Orlando Downtown
Jenna@DowntownCrowne.com
407-241-1251

Reviewed December 25, 2010

We stayed one niight on the "Paint the Town" Package. The hotel was not that busy and we were upgraded to a suite. The staff was helpful and friendly. We had towncar service to Church St whe we had a great time at Ceviche Tapas Bar & Restaurant. Upon return to the hotel we picked up our appetizer, which came with the package, and had it as a midnight snack. The package also included a $24 breakfast voucher which just about covered coffee, tea, oj, and our eggs benedict ($28). This was a great stay! The only negative was that you could periodically hear a train.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaOrlandoDT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2011

Dear 3buffalo,

We are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us while exploring Downtown Orlando with the Paint the Town Package! It sounds like you had a great time at the local restaurant, Ceviche Tapas Bar & Restaurant, and got the very best value out of the package!! If you are returning to the area, we would love to have you back as our guest here at The Crowne Plaza in Downtown Orlando!

Kind regards,
Crowne Plaza Downtown Orlando

Reviewed November 1, 2010

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza on the nights of October 29-31st at the Friends and Family rate of $61.50 per night. I have to state the amount I paid because if I had paid more I may have been a little disappointed in somethings. Upon checkin I found the clerk to not be very friendly. She checked me in but was not very informative and did not explain anything about the hotel except that we were on the 9th floor. My colleague asked for a luggage cart and the bellhop (?) told her that he had just got there and he would go try and find it. I thought that for a hotel with that many rooms they would have more than one luggage cart. We waited for awhile for him to bring it to us. Although the first part of the stay was a little discouraging (mainly because I work in the customer service field and would expect people to be kind when I am giving them my money) but other than that the rooms were WONDERFUL! They were very clean! Housekeeping did a wonderful job! I loved the bedding and all of the pillows. The room was beautifully decorated. I was even planning on seeing if I could purchase one of their pillows but I did not have time. The only downside to the room was the traffic noise which was kind of noisy. They do however provide ear plugs and an eye mask. The next time I will ask them where they could put me that was a way from the noise. But I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Dear JessicaCreech28,

We want to personally thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and we will use it to fine tune our services for your return to the Crowne Plaza Downtown Orlando. We are glad to hear our housekeeping staff did a wonderful job on your room. It is great to hear about your experience with us and really hope we see you the next time you are in the Orlando area!

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any future questions or comments!!

Guest Services Manager
Crowne Plaza Downtown Orlando

Reviewed October 28, 2010

We had a 10 days journey in Florida and we stayed in 5 different hotels. In Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown we had one of the most comfortable nights: big comfortable room, very clean, good services. The location did not seem very good, but for one night stay we did not find any inconvenient.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Cata4,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your review of the Crowne Plaza Downtown Orlando. We are extemely happy your stay was comfortable with us while visiting Florida for 10 days. If you are ever to return, please feel free to contact me and we will take good care of you!

Kind regards,