“The Crowne fit for royalty ★★★★★”

Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown
Ranked #96 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I am a current guest with my family of 7 ,5 childeren and 2 adults. At the Crowne Plaza hotel at the downtown location. We're all currently awaiting on our home's avaliability . Me and my husband were'nt sure how we were all going to fit in one room, in the hotel for the many weeks we needed to stay. The days went on and our bill kept growing . Regardless of our circumstances Crowne Plaza hotel ( Downtown location) Has make us feel at home , from the beginning to end.

Room Tip: Enjoy thr royal treatment! √
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
ccssvb, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Hello andre r,

Thanks for all the great feedback! I am happy that your stay with us so far has lived up to your expectations! I will pass along all the kind words to the rest of the staff.

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

This is a location I use for business trips every time I'm in Orlando and normally it's a wonderful stay. This time I was somewhat disappointed.

Check in was fine until I noticed the ihg social, the staff didn't mention it during check in at 5 or so. He only told me when I asked him about it at 6:53, then he told me I had 7 mins to try and grab something.

Day two, housekeeping did not empty my trash in the room, or mop the floor, which was sticky from day one, nor did they leave washcloths. When I told the front desk, the housekeeping supervisor came up immediately and took care of the situation (not the floor). Also neither room phone worked even after staff came to repair it.

I always love my room, this location and the staff, but this trip the little things made me not so happy. I'll always return to this crowne plaza, because my overall is always happy!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank cacolemanjohnson
ccssvb, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Hello cacolemanjohnson,

Thank you for all the kind words about our hotel. I would like to apologize about the inconveniences you had with housekeeping, the phones not working, and the reception. I am sorry you were not informed of our amazing IHG Rewards Member reception, held every Tuesday evening. I am happy that you will be returning to us in the future. Please feel free to contact me before you come so I can make sure that your next stay will be absolutely perfect. Email me at Martin@downtowncrowne.com or you can call the hotel directly.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Excellent service and very friendly personal. My only complaint is the pillows, I prefer not so hard . Room and bathroom very clean. I definitely recommend this hotel if you have to be in Downtown.Love the coffee station

Hello Jacqueline L,

Thank you for you wonderful comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff does an amazing job making sure that each guest has an unique and personalized stay that they will remember! We look forward to having you as our guest next time you return to Orlando!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

First, the negatives:

I will repeat what others have already stated and tell you housekeeping is not up to standard here. It is once brought into question, but why should that ever be the case? In my circumstance, the first room I was assigned was dirty - including small flying insects I had to kill more than two of, all (and I mean ALL) the glassware was dirty (as in lip smears along the edges, clear lines of having been wiped out rather than actually washed, etc), smudges and smears along every glass counter top ... all of which I could have overlooked at least for the night as mine was a late check-in... but then I noticed the foul body oil stains all over the bedspread ... NO MA'AM. The front desk staff immediately responded to my call, brought up a profuse apology, a voucher for breakfast (for two) good at any point during my stay and upgraded me to a massive king suite, which was impressive ... until I turned down the bedspread and the sheets were covered in urine stains AAAAIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!! Same front desk person (again) immediately responded and was equally appalled and made it right to my level of satisfaction.

At this point, all I wanted was a shower and sleep but it was so late I was happy just to lay my head down (on clean sheets) to sleep ... when I realized this was the single NOISIEST hotel I have ever stayed in - and I've spent a long weekend in the Winter Park Plaza! Unlike that hotel, the Crowne Plaza Downtown Orlando is inundated by traffic and train noises and, thankfully, not also internal guest / service noises. Also unlike that hotel, traffic and train sounds never, ever, cease. My first night there, I noted the time on the clock when I last heard the train whistle blow: 1:23am.

Now, the positives:

Did you note in the above paragraph how attentive the front desk staff was? Well, there's more ... upon my arrival, I had called ahead and requested a late check-in as well as a refrigerator in my room (I knew this was an additional $10/nt charge). When I landed there at last, there was a family checking in and, for reasons I am completely ignorant of, it seems each adult had to be checked in individually (split check, perhaps?) and it took for. ever.

When I was at last attended to, the staff person remembered my phone call from earlier, and when I requested a higher room (which usually does it to battle the exterior noises), instead of having a refrigerator brought to my room he gave me an upgrade to a room with a refrigerator already there. When I reported the filth of the room, a different front desk person came up to help and she is responsible for getting me into the even better room, along with the breakfast voucher and a profuse apology on behalf of the entire company. I felt very well taken care of in that moment.

For the duration of my stay (five nights total) I had only pleasant and cheerful attention from the entire staff, from the maintenance guy who helped me get into my safe when I couldn't remember my pass code, to the room service folk, to the housekeepers, etc. VALET was particularly helpful, too.

Speaking of room service, the meals were truly delicious and PLENTIFUL! Holy smokes! I ordered one entree and a salad and the salad was SO huge I made three different meals out of the two plates on offer! The first hotel in which I've ordered room service and/or had the breakfast buffet and the potatoes were not completely, thoroughly bland and overcooked. I enjoyed the meals so much that, when staying in, I chose to eat in my room rather than bother getting dressed.

OH THE ROOM! RIGHT... so, the King Suite was great... a kitchen (all but the stove), a living room with a sleeper sofa, French doors, separate king bedroom with full walk in bath with soaking tub and five-head rain shower as big as a walk-in closet. I could have stayed in that shower for my full five days there, had it not been for other obligations :-)

ALL SAID: I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Valet gave a good tip that I asked for too late: for a "quiet" room, ask for floors 2-8 OR...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank jillpatrick
ccssvb, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Greetings jillpatrick,

I am very sorry for the inconveniences you have had. I apologize for the status of your room, it is completely unacceptable for us. Thank you for all the kind words about our front desk team. They work very hard to make sure your stay is excellent. We get very nice compliments on our rooms, and our restaurant. All of the rooms at the Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown are meticulously maintained and offer the highest in amenities, including tile floors, granite countertops, wool carpets, real wood furniture and much more. We offer restaurant services from our Bite Bistro from 6:30am-11:00pm as well as In-Room Dining. The hotel also offers a 24hr fitness center and complimentary shuttle service every 30-minutes from 7:30am-11:00pm, 7- days a week. If you would like to discuss your issues further with please contact me at the hotel or at Martin@downtowncrowne.com.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

This hotel is amazing has the best staff like Marina and Mr.Thomas,Shante,and Abagail even Domingo in the restaurant. What a friendly and amazing staff. I will be coming back here with my family as often as we want to just get away.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want,and be specific. They will definitely give it to you

Hello Vanessa D!

Thank you for all the awesome praise! We work hard to make sure that everyone has a perfect stay here, and nothing less is unacceptable to our team. I am glad that you are enjoying your stay with us.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Room was very large and clean. Pool was nice but could use more lounge chairs. Gym is small but has several machines and some free weights. Within walking distance (around 15 mins.) of downtown Orlando nightlife.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RamblinDixie
ccssvb, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Greetings DixieWanderer,

We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for giving us your positive feedback! Our complimentary shuttle service is certainly a popular amenity for our guests. Many of our guests enjoy being within walking distance to downtown’s venues such as the Bob Carr Performing Arts Center and the Amway Center. We will certainly share your feedback with our team. We welcome you to contact the hotel on your next trip back to downtown Orlando and we will be happy to assist with any arrangements you need.

Assistant Director of Guest Services

Reviewed May 7, 2014

This hotel is one of the biggest ripoffs I have ever experienced in all my business travel. Staff is rude, location in crime ridden area, breakfast buffet horrible ($17 for powdered eggs and undercooked bacon), parking $18, and alcoholic drinks are $10. The restaurant/bar closed at 1045 PM even though there is nothing to walk to in the immediate area. When I asked the bartender why, she said they rarely have any guests. I guess I was the only one not to get that memo.

Room Tip: Do stay. There aren't any good rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank J C
ccssvb, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Hello J C,

I am sorry that you had a less than perfect stay with us. I apologize that you were unhappy with your breakfast. We offer restaurant services from our Bite Bistro from 6:30am-11:00pm as well as In-Room Dining. The hotel also offers a 24hr fitness center and complimentary shuttle service every 30-minutes from 7:30am-11:00pm, 7- days a week.

If you would like to connect and discuss your stay in more depth, please feel free to reach me at the hotel or via email Martin@downtowncrowne.com

All the best,