“Awesome Staff”

GreenLeadersGold level
Schenectady, New York
“Awesome Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Recently stayed to attend the NCAA Tournament at the Amway Center. We were treated very well and allowed to check into one of 3 rooms early. The free shuttle to the arena and to the downtown restaurants was a nice benefit. The staff at the front desk and in the restaurant bar area were excellent and we were treated very well. Also the food was very good and prepared to our satisfaction. Happy hour was a nice touch.

Room Tip: We stayed on the lake side. There is a lot of low volume traffic noise, however there is a train tha...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank jacar5
ccssvb, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Hello jacar5,

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad that you were able to enjoy the Crowne Plaza Downtown Orlando experience. Our complimentary shuttle service is certainly a popular amenity for our guests. Many of our guests enjoy being within walking distance to downtown’s venues such as the Bob Carr Performing Arts Center and the Amway Center. We will certainly share your feedback with our team. We welcome you to contact the hotel on your next trip back to downtown Orlando and we will be happy to assist with any arrangements you need.

Assistant Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Korean first

very nice receptionist
paid parking a nuisance
nice pool
good beds
fast room service but not very tasty at all

1 Thank traveller12382
Hello traveller12382,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! Due to our downtown location we have to regulate our parking, unfortunately this means we do have to charge for parking. We get very nice compliments on our rooms, and our restaurant. All of the rooms at the Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown are meticulously maintained and offer the highest in amenities, including tile floors, granite countertops, wool carpets, real wood furniture and much more. We offer restaurant services from our Bite Bistro from 6:30am-11:00pm as well as In-Room Dining. The hotel also offers a 24hr fitness center and complimentary shuttle service every 30-minutes from 7:30am-11:00pm, 7- days a week. We hope to have you back at the Crowne Plaza next time you are in downtown Orlando.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Very clean!!! Had a huge room!!! Huge bathroom and shower! negatives ...A lil rundown furniture needs updated very rundown! TV is nice but the cable is horrible!!! The signal coming in is unwatchable!!! So in my case I wanted to relax and watch TV I could not. The internet is "free" but very slow so you cant stream anything. NETFLIX unwatchable! Restaurant way over priced and average at best. I want to end on a good note.....They have a free shuttle that will take you within 3 miles.

1 Thank EATHOTDOGS
Greetings EATHOTDOGS!

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words, especially about our convenient location and cleanliness of our rooms! It was very nice to read of your wonderful experience and enjoyment with the decor of the rooms, public space and friendly, engaging staff. We are currently working on a plan to replace our TV's very soon. It is nice to see that you were able to experience the true Crowne Plaza in downtown Orlando. We are looking forward to your next visit.

St. Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

The renovations were lovely and the staff was friendly and proud of their hotel. The boiler broke and we had no hot water for about an hour but everyone received a free breakfast the next day as compensation.

• Stayed March 2014
Hello Joeysgolfergirl,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. As you noted our staff is 100% committed to providing excellent guest service. I am sorry that you were here when we momentarily lost hot water, it is a very rare occurrence here. (In fact since I have worked here it has been the only time we lost hot water)! I hope that you had a wonderful experience in our Bite Bistro, which is open from 6:30am-11:00pm. We hope to have you back at the Crowne Plaza next time you are in downtown Orlando.

Winter Haven, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Called late morning (11 am) requesting an early check in around 2 pm. Was instructed to call back later about it. Called back (12:45 PM) again inquiring about an early 2 pm check in and was told that they could not guarantee one and to call back. AGAIN I called back (1:30 pm) asking for an early check in and was told that they were full last night and was waiting for housekeeping to clean rooms and were not sure about an early check in.
Person who checked me in did not talk directly towards me; she was talking down towards the computer. She did recognize that I was an IHG Rewards member. I right away asked for a later check out the following day and she said I was able to get a 1 pm check out.
A housekeeper was knocking on my door at 10am! Told them no. They again came at 11 am and I told them I had a late check out. At 11:30 am the housekeeper came AGAIN knocking on my door and I told them AGAIN that I had a late check out. I called the front desk letting them know that housekeeping has already knocked on my door 3 times when I was scheduled for a late check out. Her reply was "Oh, what time were you wanting?" I let her know that I spoke with the lady last night about my late check out and was told I could get a 1 pm. She then said she would write me down when I SHOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN SCHEDULED FOR IT! She did not at all offer an apology for it. At check out, while at the front desk, no apology was offered at that time either for the housekeeping incident.
I also work as a front desk agent at a different hotel (IHG hotel at the time now at a Choice hotel) and would have handled the early check in request and housekeeping problem completely differently and more PROFESSIONALLY.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Hello LallieG,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for your inconveniences that you have had here. We do our best to honor early check ins when available, and I am sorry there was a miscommunication with our front desk. If you would like to discuss your issue further please feel free to contact me directly at Martin@downtowncrowne.com. Once again I am sorry that you had a less then perfect stay with us.

Appleton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I paid around $2500 to stay here and I was devoured by bedbugs! I was bit 29 times! The desk manager 'Martin' wasn't the least bit compassionate about the situation, he offered me a refund of $100! Are you kidding me? I work in a hospital and I look like I have chicken pox, not exactly proper to show up to work with bites all over my arms, hands and neck. He also refused to put me in contact with the real manager. It was the worst experience I've ever had in a hotel and I've spent over 500 nights in hotels! It's also the first time I've ever seen a bedbug. I wouldn't recommend this place to my ex!

2 Thank jsikkila
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear jsikkila,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We regret that this visit was a disappointment. We have sent you a private message to further discuss.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Orangeburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

You can tell it's an older hotel. You can also tell it's been well maintained. Stayed here 3 nights while attending a conference near downtown. Our 12th floor room gave us a nice view without any of the traffic noise others have complained about. We had no problem with parking. Can't speak for the restaurant or room service, but the (free) internet was fast and fairly reliable. Only beef was the fitness center - all 3 of the treadmills had issues. Overall a good stay and would gladly return.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank jnmrk97
ccssvb, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear jnmrk97,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We get very nice compliments on our rooms, and our restaurant. All of the rooms at the Crowne Plaza Orlando Downtown are meticulously maintained and offer the highest in amenities, including tile floors, granite countertops, wool carpets, real wood furniture and much more. We offer restaurant services from our Bite Bistro from 6:30am-11:00pm as well as In-Room Dining. The hotel also offers a 24hr fitness center and complimentary shuttle service every 30-minutes from 7:30am-11:00pm, 7- days a week. We are currently are reexamining our fitness center, and appreciate your observations. We hope to have you back at the Crowne Plaza next time you are in downtown Orlando.